It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lab chimps see the light for the first time in 30 years of being locked up..Emotional !

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
That must feel like the door to heaven.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
30 years????, saw this in the paper in england, now that is a life sentence, just think pedos rapists and serial killers get less time than them! poor chimps

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
the world would be better off if humans were not around, or if we wernt so stupid, but in time i think we will kill ourselves off, BECAUSE of our stupidity........kinda poetic hu?

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I sure hope noone here TRULY BELIEVES that these chimps were locked up in that enclosed space for 30 years without seeing sunlight. The very fact that the doors opened to an outdoor play area tells me they use that area regularly. But, I suppose that's why some salesmen and saleswomen at my job do so well. Most people will buy almost anything that's presented properly.
-cwm

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Those chimps look as stunned as kids and teenagers told to put down their playstations and go outside and play awhile...... "Dad, we actually have a backyard ????..."
edit on 10-9-2011 by daggyz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by peanutman27
the world would be better off if humans were not around, or if we wernt so stupid, but in time i think we will kill ourselves off, BECAUSE of our stupidity........kinda poetic hu?

...and yet Peanutman still decides to live.... !!!. If you're going to make statements like that then do something about it!.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
I am always disgusted by these posters that start prattling on about how hideously cruel we are etc. Stop the hand wringing and think about what animal testing allows us. I would rather we not need to test on anything, but we have to and it's better a chimp than a person.

I do however agree that these animals should be treated with the utmost respect and dignity.

Testing on animals should not be allowed. Full stop. It's disgusting. What right do we have to confine an animal for a minute, never mind 30 years?!

The human race is flawed by our own vanity and self-worth.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by daggyz

Originally posted by peanutman27

...and yet Peanutman still decides to live.... !!!. If you're going to make statements like that then do something about it!.

Are you insinuating that Peanutman commits suicide? I'm pretty sure he didn't decide the fate of these chimps. He is simply saying that we (as a whole) will cause our own demise.

EDIT:

And he is quite right. I would quite happily give my life if it meant that the planet would be back in a natural balance. We (humans) are a pain in the arse, from a natural perspective.
edit on 10/9/11 by xeroxed88 because: Added more...

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMaverick

this is discusting news! So horrible for these chimps! Would love to get hold of the people held for this

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Interesting to see how people criticise the imprisonment of chimps for experiments when they are using products every day that have been tested and developed with animals. I'm sure you would not refuse a medicine or treatment even a surgical procedure based on the knowledge that it was developed using animal testing.

The video is nothing more than chimps being released into an enclosure. Yes they may be the same chimps used in testing but the emotions they show are not related to their imprisonment. Its a cleverly shot piece of footage with some nice music designed to evoke the very emotions being expressed in this thread.

I find it strange that we are the only species capable of higher level thought processes on this planet. Are we really of this earth, or was our consciousness implanted into a suitable existing mammal

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Wow, that was pretty amazing.

I don't know much about chimps, and for some reason... I don't really care much.
Possibly because they are so distant from my personal experience - after all, I've never seen one in real life.

But that video almost brought a tear to my eye. I've never really seen a video of a chimp before (besides the ridiculous Hollywood chimps that they stick in movies)... but after seeing that video, it's almost as if I was looking at my ancestors.
They way they walked.
The way they hugged.
The way they laughed.
And the way they curiously ventured from the darkness that was their cage... It was so... human.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Nice heart warming story OP. Thanks for posting it on here for everyone to see, so much of ATS is doom and gloom it's good to see a story like this from time to time.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I find it disturbing how easily we (humans) feel empathy for some primates, just by watching a video, while in the same time we treat our fellow human beings way worse.
Lets got to war, torture people, imprison millions or let them starve - no problem... but hands off those poor chimps right?
Sure, animal experiments are cruel but a necessary evil. As of yet there is no alternative.

Im surprised no one in this thread suggested praying HIV away. Hypocrisy everywhere

edit on 15-9-2011 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join