It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lab chimps see the light for the first time in 30 years of being locked up..Emotional !

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Well, other then the fact that they were poisoned with HIV and Hepatitis, this is a really amazing thing to have seen! Made my day!

GREAT POST

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ha`la`tha
How incredibly sad..

as one of the comments said, makes me ashamed to be human

I'm not ashamed to be human...I didn't do it and I don't do it. I love all animals and I don't hunt. I've rescued injured birds and gave them a home, some for years. I'm proud to be human in what I do for animals. Speak for yourself.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
We do NOT need to find any cures for disease everything we need God gave to us and can be found in nature.

There is absolutely no need for animal testing.
edit on 8-9-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
The monkeys were raised in that environment from birth they know nothing else, to them that is life.

If you were kept away from other people/communication devices etc and had a false reality made for you to live in, would that be cruel? you would not know any better, to you that would be your life. Looking in it might be cruel but for the person involved it would be normal.

I would hope reading through this thread that a lot of you wont be taking medication when you need it and I hope you would persuade others you know to do the same. But I doubt thats going to happen and most of you will fold when you are in need.
edit on 9-9-2011 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by axslinger

Originally posted by Ha`la`tha
How incredibly sad..

as one of the comments said, makes me ashamed to be human

I'm not ashamed to be human...I didn't do it and I don't do it. I love all animals and I don't hunt. I've rescued injured birds and gave them a home, some for years. I'm proud to be human in what I do for animals. Speak for yourself.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

great post dude

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
i agrre that it is sad for the chimps, but if animal testing cures diseases like cancer or HIV than its ok by me. i doubt anyone here would turn down a miracle cure to a life freatening illness they had just because it was tested on animals

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
That is a brilliant clip it literally brought tears to my eyes,but it is a disgrace that they were kept in labs their whole lives,they are so human acting it breaks your heart!

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensdoexist

NO. I do not agree AT ALL that all humans of this earth are a cancer.

There is a minimal set of Psychos in control of various phenomenas, of whom I personally and absoulutely DO NOT identify with in any way, shape or form.

There is no "WE" in what those psychos do.

There is a We with whom I DO identify with, however, in the Majority of many Billions who DO NOT participate in such despicable, vulgar activities.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by VividSoul

if you had a really agressive form of cancer and was slowly dieing a painfull death. then the doctor said ';good news theres a cure, just take this pill and youll be all better' you wouldnt turn it down because it was tested on animals, no one would. hhhmmmmm, lets see die slowly and painfully or take a lil pill (no brainer)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMaverick

That made my day! Thank you for that. It was beautiful! I was unaware that chimps, or any lab animals, don't get to go outside... Or at least these ones... I'm very torn between using animals for tests and such. It's cruel, since they aren't "free", in their natural habitat (same with zoos); but at the same time we need to test our products on someone before distributing it to the public... But AT LEAST let the animals go outside and play! I don't even see how they survived with out being out in the sun... A shame.
edit on 9-9-2011 by TaintedVisions because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I think this vid relates. Brought tears of joy to my eyes..

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by VividSoul
I think this vid relates. Brought tears of joy to my eyes..

Love it! Smiling like the Cheshire Cat here. And I clicked through and watched other cities. Its funny to watch peoples reactions too. We are all monkeys! Its time to stop animal "testing".

PS When trying to embed a video, just include the characters after the = sign in youtube's URL.

edit on 10/9/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: Added a PS

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMaverick

God, people make me mad sometimes! The amount of Karma debt for the people who locked these intelligent animals away, is going to take A VERY LONG TIME to pay off. Do we really think we can just do anything we want to other species, and we're not ever going to have to answer for it??

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaveNorris
reply to post by VividSoul

if you had a really agressive form of cancer and was slowly dieing a painfull death. then the doctor said ';good news theres a cure, just take this pill and youll be all better' you wouldnt turn it down because it was tested on animals, no one would. hhhmmmmm, lets see die slowly and painfully or take a lil pill (no brainer)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by aivlas
The monkeys were raised in that environment from birth they know nothing else, to them that is life.

If you were kept away from other people/communication devices etc and had a false reality made for you to live in, would that be cruel? you would not know any better, to you that would be your life. Looking in it might be cruel but for the person involved it would be normal.

I would hope reading through this thread that a lot of you wont be taking medication when you need it and I hope you would persuade others you know to do the same. But I doubt thats going to happen and most of you will fold when you are in need.

Monkeys should be out in the jungle in their natural habitat, not locked up in some testing facility, just because to them it may not seem any different, it still doesn't make it right does it? It still withholds the animal from it's natural environment and it's natural laws.

You put a human in an underwater suit and expect him to live his life underwater and tell me his quality of life isn't reduced.

Humans are an arrogant, a truly arrogant species.

Then we talk about drugs and how testing is required and how we need to do these tests to advance in the medical field.

The facts are we already have possible cures for many diseases and illnesses out there, but wait... most of it's being withheld because if people get cured then there's no money to be made on products. Humanity is based upon money and greed, not for the overall good of people and until everyone wakes up to the fact money is the oppressor in society we can't move forward.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I am divided on this.

I dont believe animals should be treated this way - we especially should not be testing on animals with high intelligence like Monkeys, elephants, dolphins etc.

In a perfect world I would like to see no animals hurt, but the fact is we are the top of the food chain - the reason we are here right now is because we have used animals as a basic resource throughout history.
Their life is always sacrificed for us, the methods and reasons have changed, and the culture and mass scale is disturbing but it is why our populations have been able to continue to grow without hitting a ceiling - because we keep finding ways to raise it, we use animals to trial these methods.

We need to take a step back and realise what humanity as a whole really is - it is a virus on the planet. the virus has managed to grow to the point it is sucking the life out of every part of its host, the virus always hits a ceiling where its environment is too toxic to continue to grow, the point where life has host is so diminished nourishment is no longer possible.
We as a species continue to grow - we could sustain ourselves through population control but the general concensus is that is morally wrong, and a violation of liberties - which I would agree on.
But, since we therefore choose to grow our polulation we continue to need to manufacture the planets resources because i planet is its raw natural state is no longer able to provide for us. The virus is passed it's natural ceiling - there is no turning back.
If we stop doing what we are doing to get here things will fail over night.

I hate it as much as anyone, but when you look at it in its basic form we are no different than the virus - we need to work out if we are just going to keep outgrowing our host and trying to continue to find ways to raise the ceiling which inevitibly will end in catastrophe.

Or we can learn to control our populations ourselves - and this is why I believe many organisiations in this world seek to do this. Yes some are evil, yes it is twisted but if you think of it logically we are already past the point of stopping what we are doing because the whole system will collapse unless there was a major movement from the people - but we have all seen what happens (more like doesnt happen) in that department.

Edit to add: I do not believe for a second the current population of Earth can not live off this planets natural un mass produced and distributed resources but it would take such a grand change in not only our current urban setup but also our attitude and lifestyles as a whole.
edit on 10-9-2011 by byteshertz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by dawnbreaks

Monkeys should be out in the jungle in their natural habitat, not locked up in some testing facility, just because to them it may not seem any different, it still doesn't make it right does it? It still withholds the animal from it's natural environment and it's natural laws.

Depends on your views, no?
Is it right to buy boxes of live animals to feed to your pets?

You put a human in an underwater suit and expect him to live his life underwater and tell me his quality of life isn't reduced.

If the human has been raised in a normal environment then forced to live underwater then yes his view on the quality of his life would be reduced. If he lived underwater from birth with no knowledge of anything else then no seeing as he wouldn't know any different, it's you putting your views on what a normal quality of life is on to him.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Oh man, big thumb for those apes, they got out!

Wish I was as lucky someday.

Whre's the door knob? Anyone found one yet??

I'm tired of these invisible shackles goddammit
!

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I am not against necessary animal testing, but the animals must not suffer or live in bad conditions. 30 years of being locked up is not acceptable, and I believe some human should be locked up for a change for this.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
That is crazy

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join