It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lab chimps see the light for the first time in 30 years of being locked up..Emotional !

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011

Originally posted by ypperst
Very positive video

And thanks for that.

I would rather lock a human inside a shed, than I would with an animal.

I hope they will live a good life from now on.

You should lock yourself up first if you think that way. It is no different than locking up an animal.

Btw, look up Plum Island. Maybe you should work there too.

Ouch, a person who takes things a little too seriously huh?
I didn't say I WOULD lock person inside a shed, I wont.

But if one person goes around and are egoist, a person who thinks he does all the right things, but still don't see any thing wrong in locking an animal inside a room for many years. Then yes, I would rather see that person get locked inside. But would I do it? I doubt it.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMaverick

I´m ashame and feel sorry for those prisoners beeing locked up their whole life in the name of ´science´.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by dl2one
Speciesism is worse than racism. Don't sh*t in your backyard. The bloody world is our backyard for crying out loud

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Indeed, specieism is the marker of enlightenment. In opinion, if you accept the murder of our fellow earthlings (other species) and the eating of their dead bodies, if you use them as a product or commodity in any way then you're not mentally or emotionally evolved to your fullest capacity.

Not everyone is a fan of Alex Jones but he raised the point yesterday of how we're bombarded with depictions of human death and violence millions of times in our lives through film, television, fiction and video games. This desensitizes and dehumanizes. Our attitude towards animals is an extension of the same branch. We mentally block out the suffering and loss of something as sacred as existence every time we eat a cheeseburger or chicken nugget.

On an intellectual and potentially spiritual level, humanity would naturally have evolved beyond the carnivorous diet to a herbivorous diet. It's one of the many ways in which the elite has inhibited our progression.

Furthermore, our true intellectual potential rests with the intertwining of the technological with the biological self. I hopefully look to a future where nanotechnology is used to out-mode the digestive system and thus the need for eating and excreting. Some will scream "transhumanism!". Transhumanism is only "bad" in the wrong hands. Until we evolve beyond meat eating, animal testing and farming, we're little more that food pipes (from the mouth to anus) with four limbs.

As the band Switchfoot sings:

We were meant to live for so much more but we lost ourselves.

These chimps were also meant to live for so much more.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
tens seconds was enough for me , nearly cried. im not a big fan of apes, but i hate the fact they do test on the poor buggers, its not right to test on any animal.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Embarrassed, ashamed, happy.......

happy, ashamed, embarrassed........

ashamed, embarrassed, happy.....

embarrassed, happy, ashamed....

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
their faces spell pure "joy" in any language or any species!! don't wanna be "that guy", but I can honestly say there is a few humans I'd much rather see go through such an atrocity rather then an animal.

my HOA for starters.........

EDIT: after watching again, a few times, the one in the front has the most perfectly pure and awesome smile I think I ever seen!!!
edit on 7-9-2011 by wingsfan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Cruelty on this level is only capable in the 4 - 7 percent of the population, psychopaths.

I don't understand how behavior of this kind is tolerated because of "science." Like right and wrong are mere points of view. It sickens me. Now they rule on high, and we're the monkeys.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

I believe he meant if like these animals, the human was kidnapped, not punished for a crime

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Love doesn't only belong to Man, but to ALL GOD's creatures :-)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Animals are so simple and they don't hold grudges. No matter how advance humans get, we can still learn a lot from them...

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Dear Readers,
An interesting topic and what is more interesting is the comments which follow. Some of you are extremely naive, some of you are in outright denial and the rest are hypocrits.

All of you using products from supermarkets, make up, medicine have all assisted in the "cruelty" you now abhor.

Other than vegans from birth, all of you have eaten helpless animals

Any of you who consider yourselves humans and don't outright commit suicide are part of the problem.

I'm sorry to point this out to all of you, but the fakeness of the responses makes me cringe even more than my superficial sensitivity to the plight of these animals.

T

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by torqpoc
Dear Readers,
An interesting topic and what is more interesting is the comments which follow. Some of you are extremely naive, some of you are in outright denial and the rest are hypocrits.

All of you using products from supermarkets, make up, medicine have all assisted in the "cruelty" you now abhor.

Other than vegans from birth, all of you have eaten helpless animals

Any of you who consider yourselves humans and don't outright commit suicide are part of the problem.

I'm sorry to point this out to all of you, but the fakeness of the responses makes me cringe even more than my superficial sensitivity to the plight of these animals.

T

So wait? If we don't kill ourselves because there are evil people doing evil things, we are the problem?

I disagree, a lot.

The only change comes from within each of us, and I have not lost all hope. I'm not even religious. I just think that if enough people START CARING.... things will change for the better. That's way better than all the decent people killing themselves because they feel guilt. That will solve nothing for the overall picture.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by thejlxc
So wait? If we don't kill ourselves because there are evil people doing evil things, we are the problem?

I disagree, a lot.

The only change comes from within each of us, and I have not lost all hope. I'm not even religious. I just think that if enough people START CARING.... things will change for the better. That's way better than all the decent people killing themselves because they feel guilt. That will solve nothing for the overall picture.

Dear thejlxc,
The point I was making, albeit a very direct one, is that "the evil people" as you call them includes nigh on everyone on the planet. Unless of course you use no medicine, beauty products, supermarket food, or eat meat.

If you fall into that category, then good for you! You're at least achieving something, even though it's a pebble thrown into the river of life. Disagree as much as you like, the reality is far from the rose tinted view people have though.

T

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I usually don't comment on animal threads like this, but that was a very interesting video.

That being said, I like animals. I have 2 dogs and a cat. I enjoy their comapny and they enjoy mine. I am not however going to let my emotions take over to the point where I will put animals on the same level as humans.

In the area of the country I live in you see a lot of different "donation boxes" set up in business parking lots that take clothing donations from people so a local company can re-sell them. They then take a part of that money to help fund a service that helps animals. That's all and fine but I have yet to see a donation box in this area that helps people in need.

There are a lot of people in the world who would rather help animals than humans, and I don't think that's right. Keeping chimps locked away for 30 years isn't right either. I don't know much about this topic of testing on animals, but my gut instinct tells me that there really should be a better way.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple
I don't know much about this topic of testing on animals, but my gut instinct tells me that there really should be a better way.

Dear Taupin,
Actually you are right, there usually is a "better" way. With regards to big pharma, which I have worked with, the decisions come down to time and money. Alternatives are more costly and take longer, hence the simple decision is, more than often, to test on animals. There are also clinical trials which involve humans, those have also been through animal testing, the alternative would be to test only on humans, and this is where my point comes to.

When humans have the choice of testing on themselves or testing on humans, the majority will never accept testing on humans, and those with the power, money and who make the decisions won't either.

Welcome to reality

T

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Ok this is just unbelievable, that scientist would do this for 30 years. How sad. And during those thirty years, was there any breakthroughs, using these beautiful animals as test subjects, for the insane scientist in Austria. This is just another example of how wicked, and cruel our own species can be. Im glad that these chimps actually got out, while most test animals never get that lucky and are usually used for an experiment and then discarded like trash, I would love to lock up the scientist behind these test, for the remaining years of there cruel life.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
Here ya go....

If we locked away a human for 30 yrs with no sun or fresh air...it's called cruelty. If we do this to another species, it's called science.

hmmmm.

edit on 6-9-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

If you lock away an animal for 30 years with no purpose it's called cruelty. If you lock away a human for 30 years for the purpose of a scientific discovery, it's called science.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Makes my heart hurt

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Who says animals dnt have feelings.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I have not much to go on when it comes to medical science.I to am ashamed but also know that if we dont test on chimps, we will never find ways to advance the medical sector. More lives would be lost and thats with out saying we are saveing the children of tomorow through this barbaric act and i have kids so i would do it with my own hand to save my child from some desease that could have been cured through this type of resarch but that op i have is only cus i know little of this topic and if any one can give me a diffrent way to get the same results then im all for it.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join