It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POINTING MAN: Enson Inoue Reveals Covert Trip to Fukushima Nuclear Power Plant

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Enson Inoue Reveals Covert Trip to Fukushima Nuclear Power Plant (video)

Since the devastating March 11 earthquake and tsunami, former Shooto heavyweight champion and Pride veteran Enson Inoue has been tireless in his charity efforts, repeatedly traveling to northeast Japan to directly help those in need.

Inoue's work has helped countless people and brought much needed light to the situation in Fukushima and the areas affected by the disasters. This work has been costly though, Inoue sacrificing a gym, his pets and spending an incredible amount of money and time in the process.

On his last trip, Enson Inoue possibly made the greatest sacrifice of all - he risked his life by traveling to one of the most dangerous places on earth.

Now we know that it was a protest...of sorts!!!

What did you want to do inside evacuation zone though? Was it just curiosity?

I wanted to go in for two reasons.

One was to feed the animals, and I also wanted to see what the radiation was really like and see how far I could get towards the plant. It was out of curiosity but also to let people know what I found there. I had bought two radiation meters, they were both geiger counters and dosimeters, and I wanted to put one inside of my suit and one outside of my suit.

What kind of suit?

Those white radiation suits you see on TV. They are thin, almost like paper. The contractors have a whole bunch of them. Masks and everything. We were completely sealed off. They have to burn them after every time they go in so they had a bunch of them.

So what did you find out?

Well those suits aren't working. They do nothing. If the meter on the outside of my suit was reading 19 micro seiverts or whatever, the one on the inside was reading around 17. The suits don't do jack s***. They aren't protecting those workers. I don't understand how those people are allowed to go in. They have a false sense of security.

Did you tell the contractors about this?

Yeah I showed my friend the meters, and he kind of freaked out, and said it was his last week working there. You don't feel anything, you get a real false sense of security. We weren't really supposed to be there though so we didn't talk to anybody else.

See also: Fukushima Strange Pointy Person at Nuclear Power Plant. What's he doing??? (UPDATE: Another one!!)

edit on 6-9-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Excellent find!
He is a brave man.

Thx

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Neysa

I was thinking a little touched too.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Excellent find loam,

Always puzzled me that video!

S+F

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Tyvek (disposable) suits; keep "contamination" ("dust particles" off you) and stop alpha particles they don't even slow down gamma radiation. Radiation is a complicated concept unfathomable by some folks.

The workers are indeed sacrificing parts of their lives as they are rotated in to receive a years ("safe") dose in a few minutes of work.
They should be able to "recover" from their exposure in their lifetime.
edit on 6-9-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Enson Inoue is one helluva guy.
If you aren't familiar with this man, do some research, you'll have a very interesting read.

Enson is a professional MMA fighter, who has been around in the Japanese MMA scene for many years.. long before the UFC was on TV.
Enson is VERY well known in the mainstraim MMA scene today

He has strong ties to the Yakuza, but he isnt a ganster, and has been relatively clean as far as criminal activity.
(He got busted for pot, and other minor stuff...etc).
When PRIDE FC lost it's FUJI TV deal due to ties to organized crime, Enson tried to act as a liason between dreamstage ( who owned PRIDE at the time) and Fuji TV.) Deal fell through anyway, but not for lack of effort by Enson. UFC eventually bought and dissolved PRIDE FC, and the rest is history.

He dedicated alot of time and money to helping Japan after the Tsunami, and has been going strong since then.
The guy has becoem quite the hero, and deserves a ton of praise for making an effort in this world.

Much props to Enson and his efforts.

He also sells handmade rosary beads, with all proceeeds going to his charity work.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by BadNinja68

It seems his desire to help placed his own life at great risk.

I guess the pointing thing helped get his message out. But posting on a mere blog about the experience hardly seems the best way to reach lots of folks about his message.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam

It seems his desire to help placed his own life at great risk.

I guess the pointing thing helped get his message out. But posting on a mere blog about the experience hardly seems the best way to reach lots of folks about his message.

That blog post was also picked up by every MMA website, mainstream sports news, international news, and eventually even here, on ATS.

To be honest I was a bit suprised to see anything about Ensons efforts here, and there are a few threads on his efforts here.
I think the fact that you see it here, speaks volumes as to the scope of his work.

Enson is a character, but he's really a regular guy.. he isnt rich, MMA won't make you wealthy..especially back when he was active. He uses his own money, and funds from his small charity to help others.
He is a normal guy who used his bit of fame to do good, and get a message out.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Well I hope his efforts accomplish some good-- particularly the information about the ineffectiveness of the suits.

I doubt the workers are told about that.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

I'm new to this site, and was just cruising through the forums. Stopped at this one... well, because I was there. Me and mine (can't be too clear on who I represent) were some of the first American responders. Still can't talk about most of what we saw, but I just wanted to clarify that the "paper thin" suits aren't designed to prevent a person's receipt of radiation, but the spread of contamination. The easy way to understand this difference is that contamination is the poop, while radiation is the stink. The only way to protect yourself from radiation is some type of shielding. Think the big lead aprons you wear when you get an X- ray. The disposable suits are designed to protect you from picking up and/ or ingesting the contamination. That's why they're burned after you use them, so that you don't spread any contamination from within the boundaries to outside of the boundaries. The dosimeter and counter only measure radiation, not contamination.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Tohidu

Welcome and thank you for the info.

Originally posted by Tohidu
...the "paper thin" suits aren't designed to prevent a person's receipt of radiation, but the spread of contamination. The easy way to understand this difference is that contamination is the poop, while radiation is the stink. The only way to protect yourself from radiation is some type of shielding.

The question, however, is do you think all of the workers realize this?

Does This Look Like a State of the Art Response to You????

I'd interested in hearing further your comments on the thread link above. Given your background, you might have some interesting insights to add there too.

Again, welcome aboard.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
this subject was very interesting to me back when the videos surfaced and i was thrilled to see a thread with the details. the thing is, i must be missing something! where does inoue mention the pointing part? it wasn't in the link, i read that. why are we concluding that it was inoue in the pointing videos? i even searched on google and could not find a connection other than he had simply, and sometimes covertly, visited the plant.

it would seem that it would be a point of some discussion, and i was hoping to understand the message the pointing man was trying to convey.

i thank you for your continued interest in this story and your generosity in sharing your findings. i just so far fail to see the connection between inoue and the pointing man.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

wow loam

That guy is cool.

I love him

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I read that article a few days from a MMA website I peruse daily, and I don't recall at any point Inoue revealing himself as the "pointing man". In fact, his story is that they traveled into the plant in a car with fake ID's because the security is so lax there at this time, however the driver panicked all of a sudden and they left abruptly.

From the very same article you posted in your link:

Once you were in there though, you went right up to the power plant?

Yeah, we just kept driving further and further in and there was no security or anything. We got to the plant and there was a checkpoint, but we just kind of waved our way through with these fake IDs and my other friend hid under some blankets.

What did you do in there?

We got out to take a few pictures, or whatever, but then our driver got really freaked out. We were right there, you know? We were standing right next to one of these reactors and it was completely blown up (pictured above). Our driver jammed the car into reverse and raced out of there so we had to go too. We were never checked or monitored or anything.

Honestly I have no idea what makes you think he was the "pointing man", loam.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Tgautier13

Mystery man on Fukushima webcam identified? (PHOTO & VIDEO)

Several 'sources' mostly in comments found in his youtube videos and other similar articles to the one above peg him as the man. But you're right, he has neither admitted or denied being the man to my knowledge. However, I have read some speculate the reason for no direct admission is for leagl concern. I expect eventually he will confirm nonetheless.

Even the French are asking the question: Fukushim a "Pointing man" revealed ? un nom sur le travailleur de Fukushima ? scoop ? ou pas?
edit on 8-9-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
You may want to take a look at this post.

There is nothing on the site linked that indicates that this person is Enson Inoue.

There are, however, several photos taken from in and around the plant indicating that the person who put the site up is legitimate.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

This should put to rest the question of who the 'Pointing Man' is. He has come forward with a blog written in both English and Japanese, and he identifies himself as an employee of TEPCO.

pointatfuku1cam.nobody.jp...

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I am really in doubt about the newest Webpage,
i think that the first guy (E. INOUE) would never make the mistake
to claim this Action as his with the knowledge that he lied!

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Thanks for this thread, Loam. I just finished summarizing a "Six Months On" report for another website of news links I found with updates on the Fukushima nuclear accidents, but didn't see this report about Inoue's trip to Fukushima. Here is a link to my own summary of "new news" on the Fukushima Daiichi NPP problems:

www.cybermacro.com...

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I don't know who pointing man really is, but I commend this man for his efforts and big heart....I was crying by the end.

top topics

join