It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fright Night 3D

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Not sure why so many horror movies are coming out in Sept. vs. October, but oh well.

This was a pretty decent movie if you were a fan of the original. Like some other recent movies, it seems to be banking on the resurgence of recreating the 80's horror flicks.

The two real standouts (for me) though, were David Tennet (spelling?) as the "expert vampire hunter" and Imogen Poots as the girlfriend.

David was awesome in his role in this movie (basically a Criss Angel-like magician into the occult after seeing his parents killed by the vampire).

Imogen is primed to be a household name in coming years (assuming she has a decent agent). Simply put, she's stunningly hot, and can actually act to boot.

McLovin' as the best friend does a decent job also (McSuckin' once a vamp?), and has one of the funniest scenes in the film.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

David Tennant is an awesome actor - loved his work as The Doctor.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Saw it a week ago, Was better than I'd expected....Humor+Horror.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Garzok,

First of all, because I take many of your posts and threads to be interesting and well thought out, I was giggling a small bit when I saw you authored this thread - only in that I did see the original film, I am an (or was) avid fan of horror, heard it was out in 3-D and said, "uggh. You've got to be kidding me."

Modern day and horror don't seem to jibe well for me, at least big theater productions. Because of your thoughts and others here, I'll check it out - it better not be what is passed for these days as entertainment because then I may send a refund bill

CJ
edit on 6-9-2011 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

I've never really liked him, too many facial expressions like he's on the toilet.
But he's a Brit so he get's some respect from me.
I personally like the latest Dr. and I don't even like the series.

new topics

top topics

join