It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is There Another World Under Our Feet?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
So, What is at the centre of the Earth?

Or should I say, what could be found on the way to the centre of the earth?

Man spends trillions trying to go planets away from the Earth.......

Does man even know for sure, what lies at the centre of our own planet?

I know that scientists believe that they know what lies beneath, but are they absolutely sure?

I suppose I get rather confused about man and their need to find answers, especially when it comes to life on other planets, but do we really know what is going on below our own feet?

As an example, I don't know if this is possible, but what if there was a drill or digging machine, let's say 5 metres in diameter, and it started to dig into the earth.....

On its way down, maybe not even that far, wouldn't the drill pass through systems of caverns and cave networks? Caverns that have never been explored by man. These caverns could be like a metro system where one cave leads onto another and another and so on. Has this ever bean achieved or looked at? If this was achieved, what could we learn from this information about what inhabits the earth miles and miles underground?

Within the deepest parts of the ocean there are species of life that we have not found yet due to the depths that some creatures can go down to, but man has its limits to find them....

This may be something from within my own brain and a personal idea, but I believe that there are openings to cave systems that go so deep into the pits of the earth, but they haven't been found yet. Taking into consideration the size of the earth, some of which still haven't been fully explored, could there not be cave openings that go on and on and on into the dark depths.....

As a pretty adventurous person, the thrill of being able to explore these caves and caverns that may lay beneath the earth fills me with awe......

There must be creatures and other natural findings yet to be discovered, maybe something as similar as to what man is, who knows?..

Doesn't this ever cross anybody elses mind????

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I have seen peoples theories of human like species down there I don't think personally there could be whole civilizations downthere. It would be quite interesting to find lost cities or whole new species of animals miles under the ground. Could help us with finding our origins

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by davethebear
So, What is at the centre of the Earth?...
I know that scientists believe that they know what lies beneath, but are they absolutely sure?

Well no, they don't, but that's the goal of science; to sort fact from fiction and find out the answers. And scientists are trying to do that, based on the evidence at hand using the latest technology and science.

I suppose I get rather confused about man and their need to find answers, especially when it comes to life on other planets, but do we really know what is going on below our own feet?

Not to a huge degree, no - but the intregue and mystery and possibilities of meeting other sentient lifeforms and societies, how they evolved on other worlds is just too fascinating for some. I'm not saying our own world is not, but to be honest, given our current technology, sat imagery and mankind's population spread around the globe, if there WERE other sentient beings along the same lines as us, chances are we'd know about it.

This may be something from within my own brain and a personal idea, but I believe that there are openings to cave systems that go so deep into the pits of the earth, but they haven't been found yet. Taking into consideration the size of the earth, some of which still haven't been fully explored, could there not be cave openings that go on and on and on into the dark depths.....

As a pretty adventurous person, the thrill of being able to explore these caves and caverns that may lay beneath the earth fills me with awe......

I don't doubt that - but I think the technology to allow us to go that deep and allow humans to physically travel that far down doesn't exist. Look at those crystal caves in Mexico (?) which are simply astounding and travel even further than we know - but we're limited by our physical inability to withstand the heat.

I would guess going that far down would involve tremendous pressures and more heat, etc.

At the end of the day, I agree that the world needs more investigation and study, without a doubt - but for some, like me, the prospect of alien life and finding out we're "not alone" in the universe is something ingrained in me. I don't know why...

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
You cant dig to the centre of the earth...its impossible.
The deepest hole in the world is a disused gold mine in america....it is 1.5km deep.
The temperature difference is 20c from the surface.
The pressures at the depths are incredible....stone turns to rubber....add the huge pressures and the massive heat and you have something that is impossible to achieve....ever.

We know what lies below our feet....seismologists have a very good understanding of how the planet it made....and its solid.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Try this. They are watching and waiting.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Well maybe this will be a let down but they have recently found some nematodes living in the deep. This version at least calls them devil worms

Scientists have identified a new species of microscopic worms living in the ground below South African mines, isolated from fracture water gushing up from miles below the Earth's surface. It is the first multicellular organism to be found at such depths.

The discovery of the tiny nematode (named Halicephalobus mesphisto after Mephistopheles, a literary nickname for the Devil), published in this week's issue of Nature, challenges the assumption that deep subsurface ecosystems cannot support multicellular life and may have implications in the search for life on other planets.

source

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ellis1234
I have seen peoples theories of human like species down there I don't think personally there could be whole civilizations downthere. It would be quite interesting to find lost cities or whole new species of animals miles under the ground. Could help us with finding our origins

Yeah, I suppose in my adventurous mind, to find trails that lead onto unknown cities is the fantasy world of Lara Croft and Indiana Jones.........Love it though....

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

couldn't resist ...

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by noonebutme

Originally posted by davethebear
So, What is at the centre of the Earth?...

Well no, they don't, but that's the goal of science; to sort fact from fiction and find out the answers. And scientists are trying to do that, based on the evidence at hand using the latest technology and science.

Not to a huge degree, no - but the intregue and mystery and possibilities of meeting other sentient lifeforms and societies, how they evolved on other worlds is just too fascinating for some. I'm not saying our own world is not, but to be honest, given our current technology, sat imagery and mankind's population spread around the globe, if there WERE other sentient beings along the same lines as us, chances are we'd know about it.

I don't doubt that - but I think the technology to allow us to go that deep and allow humans to physically travel that far down doesn't exist. Look at those crystal caves in Mexico (?) which are simply astounding and travel even further than we know - but we're limited by our physical inability to withstand the heat.

I would guess going that far down would involve tremendous pressures and more heat, etc.

At the end of the day, I agree that the world needs more investigation and study, without a doubt - but for some, like me, the prospect of alien life and finding out we're "not alone" in the universe is something ingrained in me. I don't know why...

Thanks for your brilliant reply................I must say, I too, like you have a great love of what is out there on other planets....UFO and alien beings have always been at the fore of other life possibilites, but just recently I have had the urge to try and understand our own planet a little..............something so simple in order to gain answers could be so close to us, but we just can't see........

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
You cant dig to the centre of the earth...its impossible.
The deepest hole in the world is a disused gold mine in america....it is 1.5km deep.
The temperature difference is 20c from the surface.
The pressures at the depths are incredible....stone turns to rubber....add the huge pressures and the massive heat and you have something that is impossible to achieve....ever.

We know what lies below our feet....seismologists have a very good understanding of how the planet it made....and its solid.

You could be right there, I am not a scientific person, maybe it is more or less an impossibility to dig to the centre of the earth.....I just think I was thinking hypothetically and what could be found if it was at all possible to do such a thing.............

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by spoonbender

couldn't resist ...

Funny..hahahahah

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
There is a novel called "The Descent" by author Jeff Long. It involves an ancient subterranean civilization.

The Descent

At the least it is very entertaining.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

I suggest you go find "BBC Horizon "The Core" as it talks about the scientists working now to try to crack the mystery of the inner earth. the crystal caves are mentioned, as well as some things that are truly amazing. There's even a scientist working on a replica of the earths core up here on the surface.

As for subterranean humanoids, science can't rule that out but can say it's highly unlikely due to the massive heat and pressure restrictions. The further you go down, the greater the pressure and higher the heat until you reach areas that are literally white hot. You'd come to a mass of material so hot it's essentially fluid, then deeper still to the core.

We have found "life" that exists in conditions we can't imagine, but nothing too complex, anything complex won't survive. Pretty amazing that we can gaze out into the universe and learn about how it was born, but still have very little concrete knowledge of the ground we walk on.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Plus, I'm not a huge fan of tightly enclosed spaces!

My hat's off to you if you're not claustophobic and like that sort of thing. I'm also not keen on spiders...

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

That was a good program.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Explains it a little better than i care to lol

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn
There is a novel called "The Descent" by author Jeff Long. It involves an ancient subterranean civilization.

The Descent

At the least it is very entertaining.

Thanks for that, always on the look out for a new book to read...will give it a go...cheers

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters

I suggest you go find "BBC Horizon "The Core" as it talks about the scientists working now to try to crack the mystery of the inner earth. the crystal caves are mentioned, as well as some things that are truly amazing. There's even a scientist working on a replica of the earths core up here on the surface.

As for subterranean humanoids, science can't rule that out but can say it's highly unlikely due to the massive heat and pressure restrictions. The further you go down, the greater the pressure and higher the heat until you reach areas that are literally white hot. You'd come to a mass of material so hot it's essentially fluid, then deeper still to the core.

We have found "life" that exists in conditions we can't imagine, but nothing too complex, anything complex won't survive. Pretty amazing that we can gaze out into the universe and learn about how it was born, but still have very little concrete knowledge of the ground we walk on.

Cheers, I will check that out and have a look and see, sounds interesting...thanks

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by noonebutme

Plus, I'm not a huge fan of tightly enclosed spaces!

My hat's off to you if you're not claustophobic and like that sort of thing. I'm also not keen on spiders...

Hahahah............I am not claustrophobic, but I am slightly scared of spiders.......knowing my luck I would get towards the centre of the earth and there would be a breeding site for an alien spider farm...
...Aaaaaaaaaaaaagh

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
look up hollow earth.agartha,shamballa so many other names for it all

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

It must be lots of iron, or metals spinning in the core.
Else Earth would not have the protecting electromagnetic field.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join