It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy Birthday Freddy Mercury! No One Can Compare.....You MUST hear this.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Freddy was a legend with an amazing voice and amazing presence on the stage.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

I wonder why it is that all the super talented people either die young or by tragic means.....

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
reply to post by Night Star

Thank you! I enjoyed it too....Once I got stated with the videos, I couldn't stop.....did you get an autograph from Brian?

I was a teen back then and asking for an autograph seemed childish. You know how teens want to be so adult, right? I know what an idiot!

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens

Originally posted by StealthyKat
reply to post by ColoradoJens

True....Aren't you a musician? Who are your influences if I may ask?

Gosh, I wish! I love to play and write and sing but no, alas, not a musician...more like an overall entertainer? (film/shorts/animation/stand up) I do some soundtrack stuff too...
Thanks for asking though...I was lucky enough to grow up in a family of musicians who influneced me greatly - anything from classical to jazz to funk to blues to country to rock to you name it.

a much abbriged version just touching upon genres...

Soundtrack to Jesus Christ Superstar
Age of Aquarius
The Beatles
Pink Floyd
The Outlaws
Aerosmith
Kansas
Led Zepplin
Kiss
Rush
Queen
Lynard Skynard
The Cars
Devo
Lou Reed
Spike Jonez
Muddy Watters
Janis Joplin
Greatful Dead

...most again are influences -can't say I've listened much to all lately, but just an idea?

They're all on my list of bands
whose LP's I still possess in addition to CD's. I have about 3 boxes of LP's of various bands and ofcourse the above are in them. Hopefully someday they'll be worth some money???? Not sure.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

That is awesome...I have about 1/3 of mine - no idea where all my lp's went! I got the idea in HS to cover every inch of my wall space in my room with album covers...it was kinda cool...

CJ

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
reply to post by hp1229

That is awesome...I have about 1/3 of mine - no idea where all my lp's went! I got the idea in HS to cover every inch of my wall space in my room with album covers...it was kinda cool...

CJ

Nice concept and idea of covering the wall space but I figured there might be a market for collectors globally.
I will let it sit few more years to see if it ever goes up in value. I wish there were companies who specializes in converting old LPs, 8 tracks, VHS, 8 mm, CD's, Pics and burn DVD's. I can do it but dont have the time with 2 kids as they're too young.

edit on 8-9-2011 by hp1229 because: content

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join