It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy Birthday Freddy Mercury! No One Can Compare.....You MUST hear this.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
reply to post by hp1229

Thanks for the link.....just one word for him....GREAT!

Yep. I think his constant moving around while growing up helped his music. I thought it was interesting to know that he was Asian (Indian) by heritage though a PARSI (Peraisn who migrated thousands of years ago to India). I wasn't aware of this fact until last year.

I still enjoy the song 'Another one bites the dust' just as much today as I did for the first time back in the 80's.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Queen and Queen II albums changed my life. No music ever sounded the same after hearing those. Freddie was a great talent and from what I've heard a very congenial and generous man. Thanks for all the great songs and Happy 65th wherever you are!
Stealthy: If you want a song to cry to listen to Nevermore on Queen 2.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Queen was awesome. So many tunes - great voice from Freddy - one of a kind.

CJ

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Oh gee thanks....
Yeah you're right though....there are just so many of them. Going now to listen since you reminded me....*grabs a tissue*

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

True....Aren't you a musician? Who are your influences if I may ask?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

Wow...I didn't know that....though since you mentioned it, he does look it. Yes I agree that the moving around probably did do that. People who have many life experiences and/ or a troubled or rough life, usually have a tendency to be creative, whether it's art, or music. It's just because of varied experiences....and buried feelings etc, which makes a person more passionate I think.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

For you AskTheAnimals...enjoy!

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

reply to post by damwel

They just sort of evolved, but I love it all. When you can go from one extreme to another, and do it all well....that's talent. It's just something you only see now and then. There aren't many from that time or now who have as much diversity and talent.

Even Beelzebub was fan

I see a little silhouetto of a man
Scaramouche, Scaramouche
Will you do the Fandango?
Thunderbolt and lightning
Very, very frightening me
(Galileo) Galileo
(Galileo) Galileo
Galileo, figaro
Magnifico
I'm just a poor boy and nobody loves me
(He's just a poor boy from a poor family
Spare him his life from this monstrosity)
Easy come, easy go, will you let me go
Bismillah!
No, we will not let you go
(Let him go!)
Bismillah!
We will not let you go
(Let hime go!)
Bismillah!
We will not let you go
(Let me go!)
Will not let you go
(Let me go!)
No, no, no, no, no, no, no
Oh, mama mia, mama mia
Mama mia, let me go
Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me
For me
For me

Freddy Mercury (Messenger of Freddy LoL) RIP , you and Jimmy.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by damwel

Damwel....this one's for you....
It was hard to find one with good sound quality though

And I love Metallica's cover of it too! Damn....they did it justice

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by MasterGemini

I can't say I blame him!

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

True....Aren't you a musician? Who are your influences if I may ask?

Gosh, I wish! I love to play and write and sing but no, alas, not a musician...more like an overall entertainer? (film/shorts/animation/stand up) I do some soundtrack stuff too...
Thanks for asking though...I was lucky enough to grow up in a family of musicians who influneced me greatly - anything from classical to jazz to funk to blues to country to rock to you name it.

a much abbriged version just touching upon genres...

Soundtrack to Jesus Christ Superstar
Age of Aquarius
The Beatles
Pink Floyd
The Outlaws
Aerosmith
Kansas
Led Zepplin
Kiss
Rush
Queen
Lynard Skynard
The Cars
Devo
Lou Reed
Spike Jonez
Muddy Watters
Janis Joplin
Greatful Dead

...most again are influences -can't say I've listened much to all lately, but just an idea?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Nice list! I'm not a musician either, but all my life I have been around musicians, was married to one for a while, and as an adult have worked as manager/ agent for a few, and worked for a limo service which allowed me to meet many bands (most before they became famous, some after). I listen to everything from classical to metal (metal being my favorite) Music is a big part of my life, and I don't think I could live without it.....no....I KNOW I couldn't
Jani Lane was a friend of mine who I got to know from the Limo business from Warrant, who sadly has left us as well. There was a place called Papa Joe's in Baton Rouge, where a lot of the 80's bands who were doing the bar circuit in the late 90's played. I got to meet a lot of the 70's and 80's bands there...and one of the people I met BEFORE he was famous was Brian Warner AKA Marylyn Manson.....he was a straight up geek, but VERY smart and interesting to talk to.....not at all like you would think he would be.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Sounds like you have some stories to tell! Would love to hear them!

Yeah, I would say that list was up to about 6th grade - and obviously dozens more belong. I like the metal side of things now and then too - Ministry and some more industrial stuff was big for me for a while...now I pick and choose songs I like...as it is with music, often my mood dictates what sounds good. We all go in phases...

Great Motorhead cover, imho.

Underappreciated:

And on thread:

CJ
edit on 6-9-2011 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-9-2011 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

edit on 6-9-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Yeah....I like it! I do have some stories....I'll tell you sometime
My ex is a bad *** lead guitar player, and knows a lot of people. he plays Southern Rock and has played with a lot of those bands. We spent some time at Ronnie Van Zandt's Daddy's house when his (my ex's) band was in Jacksonville Florida. His daddy still lived in a little frame house and had a room (shrine) of all Ronnie's stuff. It was so cool to see! I love Motorhead.......here's my fav....way off topic....but...

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Yes... I saw it...excellent!

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi

edit on 6-9-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

Omg, I just cried my eyes out to that video, amazing thanks for posting!!, he was truly amazing and that voice is out of this world, he was genius with his stage presence, also he looked like he was such a nice man, like approachable and kind, its so sad. to the OP I just want to say thank you for this thread and all who contributed to it, I just sat here and watched the links and tears are flowing lol.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I just love this thread! Back in the 70's I got to meet Brian May and he was just wonderful. All these videos bring back so many memories of my youth. Queen was so original in their vocals and musicianship and will forever be remembered.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Loved it LadySkadi! Thanks for posting that.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Thank you! I enjoyed it too....Once I got stated with the videos, I couldn't stop.....did you get an autograph from Brian?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join