It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Safe, Free, Registry cleaner freeware/software?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by CrimsonMoon

Lol me the troll? You Linux fanboy trolls are all the same. I see your type on tech sites all the time always jumping in saying "Use Linux" when ever an article is posted about Windows.

Linux doesn't need rebooting? Sure it does. I've used Linux before for awhile, after it updates it says the system needs to be restarted. It's no better than Windows in that front. Even Macs need rebooted after updates at times.

You obviously didn't read The Unix Hater's Handbook it was written by a person who used Unix and was familar with how it worked.

The UNIX-HATERS Handbook is a semi-humorous edited compilation of messages to the UNIX-HATERS mailing list. The book was edited by Simson Garfinkel, Daniel Weise and Steven Strassmann and published in 1994. The book was made available to download for free in electronic format in 2003.

The book concerns the frustrations of users of the Unix operating system. Many users had come from systems that they felt were far more sophisticated in computer science terms, and were tremendously frustrated by the worse is better design philosophy that they felt Unix and much of its software encapsulated.

en.wikipedia.org...

What's the difference between ripped off and stole? Microsoft bought QDOS/86-DOS (Quick And Dirty Operating System) from Seattle Computer Company for $50,000. Microsoft added and rewrote a lot of lines of code. IBM knew Microsoft didn't have an OS they could use on hand but was planning on buying one and modifying/improve it. Also for your information QDOS was created at Seattle Computer Company to look/act like the popular CP/M OS created by Digital Research. Microsoft didn't rip off any design. You just love to bash Microsoft without knowing anything.

Even with the GUIs Xerox PARC knew Apple would be creating one when they showed it off. GUIs were the future and even Commodore 64 created the GEOS for there system a few years after when the Macintosh came out. By your logic X-Windows ripped off Xerox and or Apple too since it was a GUI for Unix. It's like saying automobile manufacturers rip each other off by using steering wheels.

Have fun with your archaic command line Mr. Linux fanboy. Good luck getting people to join your cult that only has 1-2% user share. Windows has all the games and good software. Enjoy your hodge podge coded free junk.

And FYI my avatar is the GREMLIN from the Twilight Zone movie.

PS.

By the way I PAYED for my Windows 7 it was worth the money. At least I pay for stuff instead of expecting everything to be free. I don't pirate software thank you very much.
edit on 7-9-2011 by IlluminatusOculus33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Another CCleaner fan here..

<< 1   >>

join