It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robert Gates: Israel an ungrateful ally

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

Isolating dosen't necassarilly mean closing borders. The metalanguage used in this context is broad. Israel generally is being attacked constantly, however I fail to see the concessions they made. Take for example the initial negotiations with the PLO which resulted in the Camp David accord. Ehud Barack offered no more then 12% of the West Bank to be administered by the Palestinian Authority, cut the West Bank in half, and encircled major population centres. Shlomo Ben Ami, the foreign minister of the Ehud Barack administration himself said he wouldn't have signed a deal with Israel if he were a Palestinian, luckily he was Israeli. Israeli concessions are a contentious issue and with good reason, because other then the fact that they surrendered the Sinai to Egypt in return for peace, they really haven't made many concessions.

As for Hamas, they only administer Gaza and not the West Bank. I really don't see why Israel punishes both regions. If it were to make an example out of Hamas while positioning Fatah in a good political, economic and social position I think we would see a gradual increase in the prominence and strength of Fatah instead of Hamas.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeachM1litant

Re Syria: It kinda did'nt help Syria's "seriousness" of any peace deal with Israel when Israel and US Intelligence found out Syria was building a nuclear weaponry plant. It appears Rabin and Peres were very much asleep on their watch!

Re Obama: You can not compare the intellectual intelligence and many many years political experience of Netanyahu to a complete incompetant and dill brain Obama who can barely count 1+1 without a calculator! Obama is way out of his league when in the presence of Netanyahu......hence why Obama is too afraid to be left alone with Netanyahu....I understand that Frenchie emperor without clothes Sarkozy also suffers from tall poppy syndrome when in the presence of Netanyahu. Hmmmm, perhaps Netanyahu knows EXACTLY what he's dealing with, and you better believe it! Israel knows EVERYTHING about every foreign politician they deal with. They know when their opponents sleep, pick their nose and scratch their butts. Let's face it, Obama is not exactly the most intelligent man in the world; quite frankly, I know alot of Year 12 students smarter than he is!

re Gaza: Photos don't lie. I'm sure there are afew Gazans struggling out there like the rest of us but let me make it so balantly clear to you......NO GAZAN IS HOMELESS !!!! Now whats a real stretch is the homelessness in the USA! The supposedly most wealthiest nation on earth. Heck, it's already illegal to feed homeless people in the USA much less house them in the hundreds of thousands of empty homes scattered throughout the USA.

re CIA Factbook: My schoolage son uses that for homework? Not ever!

Why can't we point out the evils of the USA? But you're pretty damn good at pointing out Israel's "evils". You can't have it both ways. If I were to point out America's evils, it will make Israel appear angelic comparing the two nations.

Rich Jewish Americans DO pay enormous amounts of $$$ towards Israel. And you better believe it! They also pay large sums of money towards their Jewish schools so that their kids can get a decent education. I won't mention the breakdown of Education in American schools where kids are told what to learn and not how to use their brains, just to keep you happy with your delusions that all is ok in mainstream American schools.

Most immigration to Israel of European AND Middle Eastern Jews took place after WW2 because no Western nation would allow their refugee ships to dock in their ports and REFUSED them entry. Like so many others here on this thread, not one ever mentioned the Middle Eastern Jews and why they were forced from Arab lands after Israel declared independance leaving behind all their assets that was forced off them just as Hitler did to their European Jews.

Are you aware of the $$$ value of Jewish assets in both Europe and Arab natons stolen from their Jewish citizens? Just in Iraq alone, Iraqi Jewish assets amounted to USD$10B+ The $$$ value of Jewish German, Dutch, Austrian, Polish, Swiss etc assets is enormous! Yep, those Govts pay a pitence compared to what they really owe the Jews.

Are you aware of how many small Jewish children were taken in by the Vatican to "protect" them during WW2? The number is more than 3,000 young kids. Where are they now? The Vatican still refuses to pass that information on. How many were forcibly adopted in to Catholic families and how many were sacrificed by those mentally sick and perverted running the Vatican?

re Gates: Gates believes Israel is a liability? The greatest liability to the world today is not Israel.

The biggest liability to America today is Obama and his ilk, big financial institutions and corporations. Don't blame Israel for your greviences, blame those you Americans voted in to power to run the show. Perhaps better luck in the 2012 Presidential elections? The lineup of potential Presidents right now is not fearing well in your favour...different faces but same game plan.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

I'm not going to bother to reply to a post as idiotic as yours when your justification for dismissing the data (not opinions but data) collected in the CIA world factbook is that your son uses it for homework (like that is even relevant). When 70% of a population is living in $1 a day and many have had their homes destroyed by rocket attacks, I am sure there are a few homeless out there. Of course facts and evidence do not at all matter to you. What a joke.

Not to mention the fact that I live in Australia not the US. When you click reply do you even bother running a fact check or are you so blind by pitifull ideology that you will lie in order to achieve your goals? I wonder if that is a violation of the T&C?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

If you were a jew living in Israel would you want a palestinian enclave state within your borders? I SURE AS HELL WOULD NOT! The arabs have plenty of land throught the world they can administer so they should leave Israel the hell alone. At best they should be grateful to live in a secular Israel and have half-way decent respect but they need to earn it, not demand it!

Fatah indirectly supports hamas and vice-versa. After all they are both arab political parties/groups and it is natural for them to support each other regardless of the occasional arguements.

President Obama is not a smart man and I am sayin this as a democrat. I hope he doesn't wake up one morning and announce he plans to give native americans all of the western usa for them to administer. From a dumb president ANYTHING is possible!

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

I also live in Australia and I have visited Israel many times. My bet is you have never once step foot on Israeli soil nor would you know a whole lot about Israel, it's rich history, culture and it's people because they don't teach you much in Australian public schools. Heck, if I gave you a map of the Middle East without the names of any country and I asked you to point me where Israel is, you'd get it wrong!

You keep believing the Gazans are living off $1.00 a day and I'll keep believing there's no Santa Claus!

I don't need to run a CIA fact check because I know more about Israel's cultural/historical heritage and it's people better than they do.
edit on 13-9-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Weak argument with no weight behind. Firstly because I haven't spent my whole life in Australia being schooled here and secondly because your entire comment is ad-hominem speculation. I garuantee you I can name every Middle Eastern country including Israel on a map without any names.

Just because I haven't traveled to Israel, doesn't mean I don't know anything about their rich history and culture. Once again specualtion. I have hard primary evidence and data while all you have is lies and speculation.

You keep believing the Gazans are living off $1.00 a day and I'll keep believing there's no Santa Claus!

Fail

I don't need to run a CIA fact check because I know more about Israel's cultural/historical heritage and it's people better than they do.

Evidently you do need to run a fact check because almost everything that comes out of your mouth is BS.

new topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join