It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robert Gates: Israel an ungrateful ally

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Robert Gates: Israel an ungrateful ally

www.ynetnews.com

Gates believes Netanyahu's government has offered the Obama administration "nothing in return" for its generous security aid, which includes access to top-quality weapons, assistance in developing missile-defense systems and high-level intelligence sharing.

The former defense secretary said that not only is Netanyahu ungrateful, but his polices were "endangering his country by refusing to grapple with Israel’s growing isolation and with the demographic challenges it faces if it keeps con
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.haaretz.com[ /url]
[url=http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-09-06/robert-gates-says-israel-is-an-ungrateful-ally-jeffrey-goldberg.html]www.bloomberg.com

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Funny reading the comments on that page and seeing many people scream "Anti-semitism".

In any case I think this is a step in the right direction, even though it may be a small step in the right direction.

This should help the basis of ending foreign aid.

It was an extraordinary scene: President Barack Obama, sitting impassively in the Oval Office in May as Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu lectured him, at considerable length and at times condescendingly, on Jewish history, Arab perfidy and the existential challenges facing his country.

What was notable was that Netanyahu was lecturing the president live on television

www.bloomberg.com...

How can the president of the U.S. allow Netanyahoo to lecture him condescendingly on live television, i'm sure no other country could have pulled this off.

More unbelievable than ungrateful

www.ynetnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
It is shocking that they not only have taken Billions from the American tax payer but that they feel they can do and say as they like and if anyone disagrees then they are an anti semite. Sorry this isnt playschool and we wont be cowed by your bull# anymore. Israel deserves to be destroyed for many reasons, but especially their treatment of the palestinians. Funny how the abused always becomes the abuser.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

It seems these Satanic Nazi pedo Elite are turning on each other.

Got my popcorn ready.

Bring on the drama!

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Israel = America.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   

I wonder how long until the usual suspects find this thread and bombard it with claims of anti semitism in an attempt to derail the thread by discussing religion.

It's nice to see high ranking officials criticize corrupt nations, but it's usually all a charade to help cause a distraction.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Everyone knows the Americans are friends with you one minute then turns on you quicker than a blink of an eye. The Americans can't be trusted as an ally and everyone knows it. The American Govt are nothing more than thieves and thugs.....but Israel's thugs are bigger, more wealthier and far more powerful than Obozo and his ilk.

Netanyhau's policies are endangering Israel? How so? Israel is no more isolated today than they were back in 1948 when they became a re-established nation.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Queue the "Palestinian lobbing suicide bomb-strapped babies into Israel" strawman...
Oh and don't forget to add a side of "nations surrounding them who want to wipe them off the face of the planet"

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
i am a christian u harbor no ill will to the jewish people. but i believe the so called jewish state was wrong from the gitgo we and the united nations had no right to push the jewish peoples of europe onto the land owned by palestinians. the correct action would have been to invite them to our countries with open arms. it would have caused us alot less middle eastern headaches than we currently have and it would have been the right thing to do

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by On the level

It's shocking that American "aid" worth billions comes from the tax payers? For all I know it might come from the multi billion dollar drug trade we all know your Govt is involved in between the USA and South America or maybe perhaps most of it comes from very wealthy Jewish Americans.
edit on 6-9-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by proteus33

And you have the audacity to come in here and deem yourself a good Christian?

You and the UN did'nt push the European Jews in to Israel; they were already immigrating there during and after WW2 because your forefathers sat on your arses and did nothing while Nazi Germany was rounding up the Jews and forcing them at gunpoint in to Nazi Concentration Camps.

The right thing was to invite them in to your nations? Ship loads of starving Jewish refugees were turned back from your nations, your country REFUSED to allow them to dock! So tell me, where else where they expected to go? Would you prefered they all drowned out at sea? Many of them did thanks to your lot!

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by proteus33
i am a christian u harbor no ill will to the jewish people. but i believe the so called jewish state was wrong from the gitgo we and the united nations had no right to push the jewish peoples of europe onto the land owned by palestinians. the correct action would have been to invite them to our countries with open arms. it would have caused us alot less middle eastern headaches than we currently have and it would have been the right thing to do

Orrrr. maybbbeee...the correction action would be, to just stop killing and hating people because they're different?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
Netanyhau's policies are endangering Israel? How so? Israel is no more isolated today than they were back in 1948 when they became a re-established nation.

By ensuring perpetual povertry in Gaza, waking up gazans with tanks in the mornings and so much more but I don't have 10hours right now.

Making enemies doesn't make you safer

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by On the level
It is shocking that they not only have taken Billions from the American tax payer but that they feel they can do and say as they like and if anyone disagrees then they are an anti semite. Sorry this isnt playschool and we wont be cowed by your bull# anymore. Israel deserves to be destroyed for many reasons, but especially their treatment of the palestinians. Funny how the abused always becomes the abuser.

Typical racist.

Hmmm...maybe America should be destroyed as well for their treatment of the Native tribes. Or let's say Australia, for their treatment of the aborigines. Or let's maybe wipe out Islam for their treatment of all non believers.

Get a grip.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   

All is well in Gaza and no Gazan is starving. Find me one live starving Gazan or even one Palestinian who does'nt have a roof over his/her head.....but I see plenty of homeless Americans eating out of garbage bins. I don't see that in Gaza.

I have 100s of photos of the real conditions in Gaza.....want me to post?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by On the level

I was with you up until the part about Israel needing to be destroyed. I mean, dude seriously. I can agree that the Israeli government can be destroyed and let a new, more reasonable government be put into place. But everyone, and I mean everyone deserves a home. I'm not politically correct, I'm not a huge Israel nor Palestine fan. But both deserve to exist. Both the Israeli and Palestinian people deserve a home.

What's upsetting to me, is that because of Israel's idiotic government, Jane and Joe Finkleberg will pay the price and the people who are responsible will more then likely get away with it.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
At some point the lowly US citizen who faces even more unemployment and destitution will see where their hard earned money is squandered. Yes government controls the purse strings but the people always have the power. It's obvious the laissez faire lifestyle and general apathy of US citizens is at an all time high given the need to take back what's rightfully theirs from corrupt government.

brill

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

Originally posted by On the level

Typical racist.

Hmmm...maybe America should be destroyed as well for their treatment of the Native tribes. Or let's say Australia, for their treatment of the aborigines. Or let's maybe wipe out Islam for their treatment of all non believers.

Get a grip.

What about england for colonialism?
And christians for christianity?

edit on 6-9-2011 by RadeonGFXRHumanGTXisAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Well, theres plenty of closet Nazis who will come to your defense.

Oh! Them thar bad zionists! To funny.

Has Israel taken advantage of Americas good will...yep.

But so has everybody else, and we are still looked down upon regardless.

The World needs to own up to it's own self created problems and stop blaming the straw man America for ALL of them.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by RadeonGFXRHumanGTXisAlien

Oops! Forgot about them...there's just to many to list.

I'm waiting on aliens to pop out of the sky and blame us for polluting space...which we do own a piece of. And they'll bring their lawyers with them to sue as well....We are so screwed when it comes to the intergalatic court who we all know are anti-sapienist.

edit on 6-9-2011 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join