It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hi, I am a veteran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
A veteran of what exactly? Surely it is not carrying a gun and fighting in a distant country terrorisng innocent people through orders of private companies. No, I fight a different war, the war on the front-line. The war of the minds.

While not compared to real wars like soldiers fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan, I am blessed to never having taken away a life or watch a friend die. I don't think I could live with myself if I had. I am fortunate to having been turned away from the military. I am fortunate to still have my family.

In reality, I haven't really lost anything dear to me yet. But just because I have yet to lost anything, that doesn't mean I do not care, quite contrary, I do care.I care every day as I think about what people around the world is going through. What honorable brave soldiers are going through. What homeless people, starving children in third world countries are going through. Because I care, I believe I owe it to them, to let as much people possible know, what is really going on.

The war I fight is in fact the most important war. It is a war to end all wars. A war to promote peace, freedom and just laws. The war to spread the truth and hope that someday our leaders will wake up with a heart, and see, that the people do not want anymore wars. That we want a better future, not just for us, but future generations.

Everyday I combat dis-info agents, trolls, people ridiculing me through verbal abuse. Everyday I watch the world events unfold, while trying to fight back tears and not break down when I see a family torn apart, our oceans polluted, our rights being taken away, our constitution being spat on by those in power, people losing their homes and their lives, police brutality getting out of hand, private companies trying to play God with our food, our water or even the very air we breathe. I fight against Ignorance, I fight against lies. I fight for you, not because I have to, I fight it because I choose to.

What do I have to gain? Nothing,
what do I ask for? Unity as a species, peace and equality. For we all have the same color blood running through our veins.

We all have the responsibility to put a stop to those who are bent on destroying this world. We all have the responsibility to protect our family, our friends and even that annoying neighbor who constantly borrows tools and never return them. We all have the responsibility to spread the voices of soldiers who fight unjust wars, to spread their heartfelt concerns to those who have yet to know the truth. This is where it starts, through a small ripple, to which one day will turn into a large wave. I write this, not just as an American, but also as a human being who is part of a much greater collective of consciousness.

I write this in defense of our race as a species. I invite you all, to this thread, and think deeply on these words. For you too are veterans fighting the same war I am. And despite the fact that I have received constant beatings through out my life because of a failed system, I hold no grudges, I am even willing to forgive and hug the very people I am fighting against. Why? because he/she too is also a human being and part of the same collective of consciousness that i am.

I hope and pray every time before I go to bed, that when I wake up, I wake up in a changed world. Where everyone gets along, but this will never be achieved unless we all, trolls and conspiracy theorists
Whites, Blacks, Asians, Muslims and Hispanics, put aside our differences, and look at a much bigger picture. You are human too, and I know you all feel, deep inside, that there is something wrong going on.

While I am guilty to sometimes thinking to just walking away, I somehow muster enough strength and energy to stay up all night to the point of passing out, multitasking in various forums, creating videos, spreading love as a light-worker, defending those who are constantly bullied and just trying to do my part. I have been at it every day since Dec last year. hoping I can somehow make at least a small bit of difference, by reaching at least one
person a day.

We owe it to those who lost their lives, we owe it to those U.S soldiers still fighting unjust wars, whom all they want is to go back home to their families and not worry about losing their lives and never seeing them again. We owe it to our founders who wrote the United states constitution with pride. We owe it to ourselves as a species of what could be an advanced race in this universe, if only we all stopped a moment to think and just listen to each-others concerns while setting aside our egos.

I am a veteran, but most of all, I am also human. And I hope you read these words and close your eyes a moment while opening up your hearts and listen deeply to what it says.

Namaste

-RisenAngel77-

edit on 6-9-2011 by RisenAngel77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by RisenAngel77

You have said it all, so all that I can say is I agree, I am with you,and star and flag.
Sorry I can't say more right now.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   

From one Soldier to another, you are doing what you can and for that I am pleased to make your acquaintance.

Everyone has their part to play and you state that you are peaceful intent which is what everyone should strive for. People need to be true to themselves and to their standards. Though I am not religious, the old saw of “Do unto others, as you would have them do unto you” comes to mind.

If you can change the mind on just one person to think beyond themself, you have done a great thing, though you will rarely know it.

Keep up the good fight. Stick to your guns…pun intended.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   

your soul is in the right place, and i hope someday you will be heard.

but looking at the special interest groups that control the government, it will probably be a long time before we come out of this dark age.

our financial sector is criminal, the politicians are afraid of the collapse that an honest look at the books would bring.
so much of the wealth on the books is a ponzi scheme, that retirement plans would go belly up nation wide.
most banks are gambling with hedge funds on the commodity markets.
the real value of "investments" would cause a tsunami of bankruptcy.

the military industrial complex is always looking for another adventure, while keeping every military station around the world active 'till the end of time.
the politicians want to keep every military spending program that brings cash to their district going on, whether needed, necessary or valid.

the pharmaceutical companies are raping the USA, biggest problem with our health care system.
honest free trade, or an actual capitalist system would end this quickly.

the trial lawyers are bankrupting individuals and businesses, with insane payoffs by the courts.
the USA has half of the attorneys on the planet.

the corruption bleeding america runs so deep, it will eventually be terminal, but it's a huge tempest and will take much time to play out.

our congress has only one objective, to destroy Obama, to hell with national consequences.
resulting in a dysfunctional government that is part of the problem, not the solution.

and the odds are that our next president will be much worst, judging by the circus running for president.

so as i and people i know see the situation, for some time it's just going to be a game of survival.

but for the sake of future generations lets hope the system dies, and they return to a functional society.

the bigger the ship, the longer it takes to sink, and there is much plundering left before the USA runs out of blood.

hopefully, those that are young enough will see your dream come true.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Star and flag for a great post, and an important message. I too am a veteran of the war to save humanity from itself, and it is a hard battle to fight. I too have to fight against the disinfo agents, and trolls that are trying to maintain the status quo, and keep humanity from Ascending, and to keep humanity from know what really goes on in secret circles, and in orbit around our planet.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Thanks everyone, it is good to know I am not alone, sometimes I do need reminders especially when my emotions tends to go overdrive at times which makes me feel alone in this world.

I just wanted to get the message across, hoping even disinfo agents would maybe have a change of heart and do the right thing.

I salute you all

edit on 6-9-2011 by RisenAngel77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
beautiful post. the history we are witnessing as the old regime tries to hang onto its power is in a panic to some degree as people rediscover their connectedness and increasing awareness. you have articulated exactly what i have been learning and realizing. there is a peace that surpasses all understanding and it starts with a quieting of the thinking mind and using it as the tool it was meant for--information processing and fleshing out creation via thought & emotion.

there is truly an awakening happening and it begins with the self. the awareness that can observe the thinking mind is what needs to drive the body & mind. while we have identified with the mind historically, the shift of consciousness will show that to be an outdated model. if the hand were to continually slap the face, one would stop the hand from doing so. yet we identify with thoughts and emotions as our identity and live/die on the whipsaw. the mind is a creation tool that when purposefully driven by a lens of love, compassion and gratitude will bring a person to a true peace from within. it is hard to break the patterns we've learned but by practicing the art of putting the egoic tendencies of the mind aside and operating through love & compassion, we transcend the dramas that most others dwell in.

namaste is correct. the guru in me bows to the guru in you.

new topics

join