It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Cosmos

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Let me start by saying that this year has been a very hard year for me and my wife. We decided to have a baby, our first, and last. My wife is now 39 weeks gone. She is due on tuesday 13th. If my wife has not had our daughter by then, then we have to go to the hospital the following day so she can get induced.

For the first 15 weeks of my wifes pregnancy, she was constantly feeling sick and being sick. We both knew that this was going to happen, and we knew that some women have this all the way through pregnancy, and alot of times, it gets better after the first three months.

SIxteen weeks gone, the sickness started to get better, but she started to get pain in her feet, esp when she was walking. At first, we put this down to fluid. Over the next couple of weeks, it started to get worse, to the point where she could not walk for more than five mins before she was in complete agony. Then she started to get pain in her hands.

At first the pain in her feet was worse, but over the next few weeks, the pain in her hands became really bad. The pain was like a shooting burning pain, and it was constant. Her feet, if she put them up, then the pain would go, but the pain in her hands were constant.

Her hands got so bad, that she could not use them. I had to dress her, feed her, wash her etc . She would be up all night crying in agony. The only way i could ease the pain, was to freeze a bottle of water, and she would hold it and it would numb her hands, but as soon as she took the bootle away, the pain would be worse. Her hands were so hot, that the water would not stay frozen for long.

While this was going on, we made 3 trips to the maternity ward at the hospital. They did not know what was wrong. The pain was so bad that they gave her morphine so she could sleep at night at the hospital. The next day, they perscribed her with steriods and sent her home.

The next few days were just the same, she was in agony. I could not take it much more, seeing her in all that pain, that i rang an ambulance. She spent the next five days in hospital while they tried to find out what was wrong. They started to give her tramadol everyday, and this drug would knock her out for a few hours. She took this 3 times a day, plus paracetamol and codeine.

While she was in hospital, i was there with her. At night i would go home and do some research. After doing ours of research, i came across a condition that fitted what my wife had. The condition is called Erythromelalgia. You can find out about the condition here

I will be honest with you, i cried. This is a horrible disease with no cure. I thought i would end up looking after my wife for life, plus i was worried that our baby could be harmed because of all the meds my wife had to take.

The next day, while at the hospital, i spoke to a Rheumatologist about this condition, but he dismissed it and said she did not have that. Funny enough, a highly respected Rheumatologist came to see my wife, and he diagnosed her with Erythromelalgia. I was devastated, but i had to stay strong for my wife. They gave her the medication Gabapentin and also she will carry on taking the tramadol and and aspirin. After five days in hospital, she was sent home.

I started praying every night. I am not religous, so i started praying to the cosmos, the universe. Without fail, i would do this, and i still am to this day. My wife was still bad, and i thought this would be it, and she would be with this horrible condition for the rest of her life.

Every night i prayed, and i cried. I prayed for me to have the condition and not my wife. She is a lovely, caring, honest person, and she did not deserve this. At this time, i was caring for her. Feeding her and washing her etc. She could not walk, so i pretty much done everything. My wife was always the type of person who always kept herself busy, but now she was bed ridden and pregnant.

Then, one day she woke up and she said part of the pain had gone in both hands. Then over the next couple of weeks, the pain went in her hands, and about a week later, the pain went in her feet. We decided to stop taking the meds. Id the pain came back, then we would just have to go back on the meds.

Anyways, after a few weeks of the meds, the pain did not come back. She could do all the things she could do before. We had to have a scan every four weeks, just to see how the baby is doing, but everything seems fine.

I still pray to the cosmos every night. Thanking the cosmos for helping my wife, and hoping that our baby is born healthy and normal.

I don't know if it was the praying to the cosmos that helped my wife, but i thought i would share this story with you.

PS- sorry if there are any spelling mistakes. I was in a rush writing this because we are off to see the midwife

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Keep praying to the cosmos my friend there is no end to what the creator can do for you.
I will keep your family in my prayers to the "cosmos".
Congratulations!!!!

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
(((((((HUGS)))))))) for your family!!!! No matter what anyone says I have seen the power of prayer first hand on a few occasions. Is it coincidence? I think not. The sixth sense is forgotten by many, however I hold it dear and sounds like you will as well after this horrible and frightening experience.

Peace and love to you and yours!!!!!!!! xoxoxox

Jenn

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris

It's the same reason that a child, even with parents with no concept of God, looks up to the sky and asks for help. Or closes their eyes and asks for it. The power is within us. It doesn't matter how it is represented for you. Just that it is appreciated and loved, and in turn you show this same warmth, gratitude and love throughout your life.

I had tears reading your story. I have 3 children of my own and one on the way. I cannot understand what that would feel like because it hasn't happened to me, but I sure know that the love I have for my partner and family would make me be the rock you were in times like those. If they ever happen to my family, your story will be a reminder that others too have shared in gruelling life trials. We all end up better for it. Even if we can't understand why at first.
edit on 6-9-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

You have approached this with a rational attitude, so my comment will be similar.

Mankind still has a LOT to learn, so sometimes things have to be done on trial-and-error. Personally I'm both leaning heavily on science/logic and at the same time functioning as an occasional reiki-healer (it's more like a hobby).

And while the 'energy' involved in reiki-healing (and similar phenomena) isn't examined scientifically, its effect is demonstrable, and simply has to be taken as pragmatically functional.

'Technically' such alternative systems are a question of 'tuning in' (which sounds very mumbo-jumbo, but in reality isn't) and while it often requires a knack (which you possibly have according to your story), some instruction/information from others being familiar with such could add to your talent.

If you have the time, opportunity and interest, it could be worthwhile for you to continue your 'research' along such lines. But with the caution, that this 'market' is as filled with charlatans as anything else.

I'm not trying to push any specific method (or myself), that's for you to decide, but feel free to U2U me, if you want some options suggested. That's what I can offer you unconditionally.

Good luck.

edit on 6-9-2011 by bogomil because: vocabulary improvement

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Thank you for all your replies. When my wife got really bad, i just felt helpless. What made it worse was the fact that the doctors have never come across another pregnant woman with the same symtoms.

Like i said before, i am not a religous person, but that does not mean that i do not believe in some sort of highter being or beings. I prayed hard every night, asking for the pain to be taken away from my wife, and slowly but surely, the pain was taken away, and she has no sighns at all of the condition she had.

Now, maybe it was something that went by itself, maybe the medication cured it, or maybe my prayers were answered. I really don't know, but i will carry on praying to the cosmos every night.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

All of my thoughts and prayers go to you, your wife, and the child. I hope all goes well my friend.

new topics

top topics

join