It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why reptilians?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
so i read up the hollow earth reptilian shape shifters, and my first thoughts were that it was rubbish, but then i thought, well if were going to speculate wildly about something completely preposterous, we might as well go about it in a methodical manner.

so i thought about the physiology of these mythical humanoids, how could a reptile have super human strength and intelligence? so first thing is that they cannot be cold blooded, because big smart brains require lots of oxygen and energy, something that a cold blooded animal just cannot provide, so they had to come from the same line as birds, therapoda. next up, physical size and shape, this is something i just cant figure out. if they evolved as bipeds, surely there would some evidence of that in the fossil record right? but there isnt, so that remains a mystery. then their shape shifting abilities, well chameleons can change color, so theres that, albeit a much more sophisticated version of it.

nope thats still total garbage, however there is a solution.

octopuses for instance are smarter than reptiles. they also have hemocyanin in their blood instead of hemoglobin which carries oxygen more efficiently at lower temperatures.

more importantly they can change not only the color of their skin, but also the texture, and do it much more rapidly and to a greater degree of complexity than a chameleon, by far.

isnt that awesome?

next up, they live in the ocean, which is still a pretty mysterious place comparatively, and its teeming with life, so its a much better home for a secret society of hyper intelligent monster overlords in my honest opinion.

and being invertebrates, and lacking a solid shell, these hypothetical cephalopods wouldnt leave much if any evidence of their evolution, or continued existence in the form of fossilized remains.

so in conclusion, if theres any intelligent creatures on the planet, that we dont know about, i'd put my money on mollusk.

edit on 6-9-2011 by snarfbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Cuttlefish are my favourite creatures in the animal kingdom by far. Their intelligence is off the scale too! Science still doesn't know half of what these little guys are capable of.

IRM

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
they have a very wide range of emotions too! i also like them a lot!

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I think people assume that the 'beings' in the hollow earth theory are reptilians simply because many cultures throughout history regard reptile like beings as 'gods' and supreme, elite overlords.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

lol yea theyre really cute, the got the coolest eyes in the animal kingdom too.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by snarfbot

Than you gonna love this Cephalopod

edit on 6-9-2011 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
mmm. Cephalopods really get me going.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Outta box... Before the Dinosaurs evolved here which may have had some influences on inner Earth there were Giant insects which may have evolved as well.. They were the giant arthropods of the Carboniferous. Now factor them gaining awarness ect. as the later reptiles and mammals did and there may be some large insects located somewhere. To go even further outta box it or they may have channelling or telepathic connections.

Be well

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

wow indeed, thats is really incredible!

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
You raise some great points ,and it remined me of a intelligent Octopus vid a see last year and this Octopus is the ultimate shapeshifter of them all.

edit on 6-9-2011 by TheMaverick because: The Voices told me to

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
All hail our Cuttlefishian overlords

S&F For objective reasoning

new topics

top topics

join