It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is PK really Possible?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
This blog contains a number of videos where the blogger is spinning a small pinwheel inside a jar:

[gratuitous self-promotional link removed]

I know there are lots of ways to cheat when making videos. But what if it is possible to move things with your mind? Nina Kulagina was well studied by scientists under controlled conditions:

www.youtube.com...

How many of you think this stuff is possible?

edit on 10/4/2011 by 12m8keall2c because: [gratuitous self-promotional link removed]

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I believe these sort of feats are possible by those who have enough willpower and self-discipline to focus that willpower. Hard to really prove anything scientifically, but belief is a powerful thing, especially when it's pure!

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Quirky

no, not at present with the human races current mind set
there is no doubt that by taking on our inteligence we have lost a connection with the earth and i think that we wouldnt have the power to do it

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Interesting

I guessing it's static electricity.

Notice that he doesn't touch the pin-wheel until the end of the demonstration......Touching the wheel will equalise any static charge and stop the phenomena from working. I wouldn't be surprised if the demonstrator is either in leather shoes on a nylon carpet(or vinyl floor) or in nylon shoes on a wool carpet.

Cool video though.

S&F

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamAssassin

Did you watch all the videos? She does touch the wheel at times and even uses a dryer sheet to combat static.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by RenegadeScholar

Why should it be impossible to prove scientifically? The Russians studied Kulagina in a lab.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
It will work if you work at it long enough. However in my case it led to severe headaches until I learned to channel rather than force. Also as you get better, you don't need to be close to wheels, I could be in the far reaches of the home and cause movement.

The short of it is, you also need to be right brained as the left analysis far too much, thus I had to subdue my science teacher background left lobe and bring my fine arts teacher right brain to the forefront or it just did not work.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by sailormon
It will work if you work at it long enough. However in my case it led to severe headaches until I learned to channel rather than force. Also as you get better, you don't need to be close to wheels, I could be in the far reaches of the home and cause movement.

The short of it is, you also need to be right brained as the left analysis far too much, thus I had to subdue my science teacher background left lobe and bring my fine arts teacher right brain to the forefront or it just did not work.

That doesn't surprise me. They did psi studies with music students from Juilliard who scored much better than the general population did.

Can you still do it?

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by UniverSoul
reply to post by Quirky

no, not at present with the human races current mind set
there is no doubt that by taking on our inteligence we have lost a connection with the earth and i think that we wouldnt have the power to do it

What about traditional societies with shamanistic traditions? Don't you think a part of that connection still exists within us?

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Sure is hard to get a conversation going in here...

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I got this to work using a similar configuration but using a paper dart years ago when I was in High School.

I believe the poster who had mentioned the left/right lobes of the brain.

I was actually heavily into music at the time actually playing and performing in several bands and orchestras.

My dart moved very rapidly and I didn't use my hands anywhere near it.

It was simply a paper dart supported by a sewing needle embedded into a cork.

I used what we do in martial arts in envisioning where it was to turn to and after quite a bit of visualization it eventually did.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Quirky

yes possibly
i think language may have something to do with dumbing it down, plus other things

but i expect if they did have this connection they wouldnt really want us to know so would be hard to find out

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
If PK exists, then it also would need to obey laws of physics.

That is, a object which is moving/spinning WILL need energy, some form of force must be applied otherwise it would simply be impossible that the object is moving.

If force/energy is created/applied which sets something in motion via PK - then that energy not only needs to transfer "through the air" to the object [so to speak] but it must also be created first (or "channeled" or whatever you want to call it).

So..to explain whether PK could possibly exist we would need to discuss theoretical ways of (psychic) energy transfer without actually applying physical force.....and we would also need to have a theory what kind of energy the human needs to produce...and where it is taken from.

The energy to lift a heavy object up or similar can not just "appear out of nowhere"..but with some fantasy and playing around with some ideas one *could* probably come up with a halfway plausible thesis why PK could indeed exist (in theory).
edit on 7-9-2011 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

Cool stuff

To obey physics, of which I know little about, I've often wondered. Would it be mind over matter...or just a manipulation of an electric frequency, or harmonic resonance that you could vibrate your muscles to, and exude said frequency/resonance? For sure it would seem like mind over matter as it would take great concentration.

There are a lot of examples, online, of vibration and resonance. But would our bodies have the ability to manipulate such things?

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

There are physicists interested in PK. It has something to do with trying to harness zero point energy. If we could harness that, it would be the next HUGE thing. Kind of like when nuclear energy was figured out.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by nh_ee

It's interesting how many people try this as teenagers, a time when everything seems possible. Do you think it would still work for you?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
It would be fun to get a bunch of people together to try this out, like sort of an online group-pk experiment.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quirky
It would be fun to get a bunch of people together to try this out, like sort of an online group-pk experiment.

Anyone interested?

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I have often wondered about this and I really wished that they'd have more recent scientific research to deal with the fakes.

Making psi balls is really easy for me but I just don't know whether it's real or just a combination of physical stuff like heat from the other hand and maybe even muscle or nerve sensations that make it seem like there is something there.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Anyone interested?

I am but I'd have to find some people living in my country since I simply don't believe in video's. It's to easy to fake.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join