It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is worrying...Social Experiment shows Americans will sign petition to abolish the 1st Amendment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Basically this video shows a guy called Mark Dice asking random people to sign a petition to repeal the First Amendment. The experiment goes to show that many people who signed the petition, either have no clue about what the First Amendment is or they don't bother reading the petitions fully.

As hilarious this video might be, it does have worrying implications. The fact that many people might unknowingly give up their own freedom and rights if the Government were to ever bring out such measures just goes to show the extent of how brainwashed society really is.

How can there be hope for revolution and justice if the average person doesn't know whats really going on?

If people want to see more "social experiments" carried out by Mark Dice here are some links:

Mark Dice tries to sell a 1 ounce Gold Coin for $50 and no one wants it
People sign petition to "increase inflation to 100%" without knowing the consequences
edit on 6-9-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

well most people nowadays don´t even know what their rights and freedoms are anymore...

that´s far more worrying.

allthough blindly signing a petition is just plain foolish..

on a side note:

if i were to walk around with petitions saying:
you're going to pay me 1000 dollars monthly and someone signs without reading, are they obliged to pay?

if it is, me has got an absolutely genuis idea

(just kidding for the more serious on ATS)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Unbelievable!

So many people have no understanding and just went along with him.
As he was specifically stating, "Its for the New World Order and stuff."

Just goes to show that the general public is unaware of what it taking place around them.
Reminds me of a story about someone very dear to me who actually believes our Constitution should be abolished and a new one put in its place. This person doesn't even know anything apart from what they have been shown on the tv.

Talk about being programmed.

Good video.
Shows alot about public.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
It's called ”Editing”.
A tool often used to promote a viewpoint our opinion.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   

I've seen this video before... a bit disturbing.

Reminds me of my job, where they are always making us sign SOP's, or Standard Operating Procedures, whereby you agree to certain infringements of your rights as a condition of employment. Almost no one ever reads them first. I'll ask people later, "You know they they just made us sign away our right to [...]?"

"No, I didn't read it. Really?"

Yeah, really. Sad people don't read before signing. Same could be said of the conditions hidden in mortgages (that are now causing problems for so many people) or most any document that people are asked to sign. One signature could take away your rights and protections. Read it first.

I do wish that I had been there the day he was offering the gold coin, though. I would have taken it in a heartbeat.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Some people just sign anything. There was a hoax pulled where people signed a petition to ban Dihydrogen monoxide (Water).

en.wikipedia.org...

Just mindless automatons.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by havok

very true!

but remember..

conspiracy theorist are bats**t crazy

according to MSM that is.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   

the average person has no clue whats happening with admentant rights, its our right to educate them

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze
Basically this video shows a guy called Mark Dice asking random people to sign a petition to repeal the First Amendment. The experiment goes to show that many people who signed the petition, either have no clue about what the First Amendment is or they don't bother reading the petitions fully.

As hilarious this video might be, it does have worrying implications. The fact that many people might unknowingly give up their own freedom and rights if the Government were to ever bring out such measures just goes to show the extent of how brainwashed society really is.

How can there be hope for revolution and justice if the average person doesn't know whats really going on?

If people want to see more "social experiments" carried out by Mark Dice here are some links:

Mark Dice offers 1 Ounce Gold Coin for free to random people
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJtS9CuyuaU&feature=related]People sign petition to "increase inflation to 100%" without knowing the consequences[/url
edit on 6-9-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

its our right to educate these people on rights dont guess just do it

link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Some people just sign anything. There was a hoax pulled where people signed a petition to ban Dihydrogen monoxide

Our children have been addicted to Dihydrogen monoxide for so long now. It was about time someone stood up and fought for the people.

link   
It is sad but not suprising considering that people are so ready to proclaim their rights, and yet they have no idea what their rights are...

I have customers that can't figure out how much wormer to give their dog or how expensive 10 feet of chain will cost at 3.00 a foot.... so anything with a sentence that proclaims abstract ideas and ideals and has more than 5-6 words in it is above their means of comprehension. Just last week, I had a 20 something individual want to know where the chicken feed was....I pointed out that they were standing in front of it. She couldn't tell the difference with the other feeds as all the bags next to it were the same color.

We are in a sorry state of affairs...even a hundred - one hundred fifty years ago, when a majority of people could not read or write, they at least could grasp abstract ideas and had a sense of right and wrong and what the rights of men and women were and are.

Now days, most peoples concept of rights is holding your spot in line at the Taco Bell or "bitch slapping" someone that looks at "my man."

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Ok, so if I film and ask 100 people to add 2+2, then edit the film to only show the 12 who got it wrong, then you'll believe me when I say the majority of people can't add 2+2?

I mean, it seems to work for this guy with his petition so why wouldn't you?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I bet you most of them could name the cast on Jersey Shore though.

Oh America... Sometimes, you disappoint.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I know what you're sayin!

I can't live without it.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by BeyondPerception
I bet you most of them could name the cast on Jersey Shore though.

Oh America... Sometimes, you disappoint.

offcourse..

because Snooki needing 'smoosh-smoosh' is more important then your rights..

and it's not only America...
edit on 6-9-2011 by kn0wh0w because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by dethduck

First of all, your example is completely irrelevant to the situation because people are not that stupid.

And second of all, you have completely missed the point the video was trying to get at.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze
reply to post by dethduck

First of all, your example is completely irrelevant to the situation because people are not that stupid.

And second of all, you have completely missed the point the video was trying to get at.
No, my example is entirely relevant in a generalized way. And you are right, people aren't that stupid, that's the point.

The video, though a joke it may be, paints people in general as oblivious to the constitution or what the amendments mean. Of course the video would not be as funny if it showed those who refused to sign. Yet that isn't what my ”example” was directed towards.

My comment is directed towards the responses here, the responses as if the majority of people are ”that stupid”. But not even that people would really believe that, looking at these comments it's as if people want to believe it.
edit on 9/6/2011 by dethduck because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Oh dear. This is terribly sad.

top topics

join