It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Frenchman ordered to pay wife damages for lack of sex

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Frenchman ordered to pay wife damages for lack of sex

[url=http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/8741895/Frenchman-ordered-to-pay-wife-damages-for-lack-of-sex.html]www.telegraph.co.uk[/u rl]

A Frenchman has been ordered to pay his ex-wife £8,500 in damages for failing to have enough sex with her during their marriage.

The 51-year-old man was fined under article 215 of France’s civil code, which states married couples must agree to a “shared communal life”.
A judge has now ruled that this law implies that “sexual relations must form part of a marriage”.
The rare legal decision came after the wife filed for divorce two years ago, blaming the break-up on her husband’s lack of activity in the bedroom.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Only in France? Is this now EU law by prececdent?

What is your opinion of this, is it acceptable for the state to regulate your sexual activity? Is he not allowed to decide not to procreate? Perhaps she is a beast of a woman?

In any case I think this is one of the most disgusting abuses of government powers this century. Having said that I did email my wife the link and say 'careful'.

telegraph

[url=http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/8741895/Frenchman-ordered-to-pay-wife-damages-for-lack-of-sex.html]www.telegraph.co.uk[/u rl]
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 6-9-2011 by spacedonk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by spacedonk

After wiping the tears of laughter away from my eyes I have one thing to say
Brilliante!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Damn they should pass that law in every country in the world ! And apply it to both sexes!

That way, no more jokes about sexless marriages!

Anyway, this is ridiculous and he shouldn't pay... the state deciding what people do in their bedroom? I don't think so!

If you don't have sex in your marriage, DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. It's not the state business... NOT AT ALL... crazy people running to the government for any reason...those people are destroying freedom.
edit on 6-9-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Ooops that has opened the floodgates now. Just think of all the men citing lack of sex, which is far far more likely scenario, and using this case as precedant.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
You may want to look also at comments posted on this subject here:

"French husband ordered to pay wife for not enough sex."www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
By the sounds of it this woman may have been paying her ex-hubby in damages if he had bent to her will, what a horn bag... jumping the gun a bit but this is funny

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by spacedonk

theres going to be a lot
of
broke
women

ahaha

im sure she didnt make it easy for him

its so sad that our society has such a negative view on intimacy
people should be proud to have sex!
its what we were made for
edit on 6-9-2011 by UniverSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
21 years of marriage and shes going to call it quits because she's not getting enough nookie.

Says a lot about the marriage. Sounds like the divorce was a good thing, and considering she'd do this to her ex hubby just coz he didn't wanna rub tummies, well there's a few bunnies short of a boiler warning there..

So now she's single, near 50 and out of touch, will she divorce herself if she can't manage to satiate her carnal cougar cravings.. ?!

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments, queries or concerns to the ongoing discussion.

Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

new topics

top topics

join