It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
As the phone hacking scandal in Britain continues to gnaw
at Rupert Murdoch’s media empire, a parliamentary panel opened
new hearings on Tuesday, calling four former executives to testify
about the extent to which the practice of unauthorized voice mail
intercepts was known within the now defunct News of the World tabloid.
"Just by way of clarification relating to Tuesday's ...select committee hearing,
we would like to point out that James Murdoch's recollection
of what he was told when agreeing to settle the Gordon Taylor litigation was mistaken."
"In fact, we did inform him of the 'for Neville' email which had been
produced to us by Gordon Taylor's lawyers."
The Commons Culture, Media and Sport committee will hear evidence ...
from Colin Myler, the Sunday tabloid's former editor,
and its legal manager Tom Crone after they publicly challenged evidence
given by their former boss.
The two former senior executives accused Mr Murdoch,
the chairman of News International, of misleading Parliament
over his knowledge of the extent of phone hacking at the newspaper.
Appearing before the committee with his father, Rupert,
Mr Murdoch said he was not made aware of an email in 2008
indicating that the practice of illegally intercepting voicemails
was not confined to a single ''rogue'' reporter.
But Mr Myler and Mr Crone later said that they had in fact told
their former boss, also News Corp’s deputy chief operating officer,
about evidence suggesting phone hacking that disputed that statement.
The pair have been summoned before MPs for the second time
after publicly disputing claims made by Mr Murdoch earlier in the