It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Soceities etc.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Why are people so curious about what other people do? I think that the Free Masons and Skull and Bones and all the other groups should be left alone. How would you feel if your neighbor and the rest of the neighborhood found it suddenly interesting to find out what you do in yoru home. I have no idea what in hell these groups are about but we should just leave them alone. If they pose such a threat to our future as people say they probably would have taken over the world by now. I mean we need to just put our hope and faith in that we will wake uop tommrow. Anyways tell me what you guys think of that I'm new on this site but all this stuff on the site about the groups sure probably has them rather pissed and Im sure you would be pissed if people were all up in your business. Anyways yeah tell me what you think lol

The Navajo Prophet

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Because we want to know what they are doing and what there job is. We need to know alot about the world now a days

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Minime
Because we want to know what they are doing and what there job is. We need to know alot about the world now a days

OK, if you are honestly interested in the precepts of Freemasonry, all you need to do is look at a Grand Lodge website. Here is the Declaration of Principles from my Grand Lodge:

Declaration of
Principles of
The Grand Lodge of Alberta
Ancient, Free and Accepted Masons

Freemasonry as a Society is:

Charitable it is devoted to the welfare and happiness of mankind.

Benevolent teaching that the good of others is of primary concern.

Communal recognizing that Society is made up of individuals, it impresses upon its members the principles of personal righteousness and responsibility, enlightens them in those things which make for human welfare; and inspires those feelings of charity and goodwill toward all mankind leading to practical application of those cherished principles.

Educational its authorized ceremonials teach a system of morality and brotherhood based upon Sacred Law.

Religious it acknowledges a one and caring Deity. Neither secular nor theological, reverence for a Supreme Being is ever present in its ceremonials. The volume of the Sacred Law, appropriate to its members, is open upon its Altars whenever a Lodge is in session.

Social in so far as it encourages the meeting together of men for the purpose of its primary objectives: education, fellowship and charity.

To these several ends:

It Teaches and stands for, the individual's worship of a Supreme Being; truth and justice; fraternity and philanthropy; enlightenment and liberty-civil, religious and intellectual.

It Charges each of its members to be true and loyal to the government of the country to which he owes allegiance, and to be obedient to the laws of any state in which he may reside.

It Believes that the attainment of these objectives is best accomplished by laying a broad basis of principle upon which men of every race, country, sect and opinion may unite, rather than by setting up a restricted platform upon which only those of certain races, creeds and opinions can assemble. Holding these beliefs and in the knowledge that the true Freemason will act in civil life according to his individual judgments and the dictates of his conscience.

This Grand Lodge Affirms:

Its Continued Adherence - to that ancient and approved rule of Freemasonry which forbids the discussion in Masonic meetings of creeds, politics or other topics likely to excite personal animosities.

Its Dedication - to those basic Masonic principles of brotherly love, relief and truth; and by their consistent practice, the lessening of the aggregate of human suffering and the promotion of the true and lasting happiness of Mankind.

Its Conviction - that it is not only contrary to the fundamental principles of Freemasonry, but dangerous to its unit strength, usefulness and welfare, for Masonic bodies to take action or attempt to exercise pressure or influence for or against any legislation, or in any way attempt to procure the election or appointment of government officials, or to influence them, whether or not members of the Fraternity, in the performance of their official duties.

WHAT IS FREEMASONRY?

Freemasonry is a way of life. It is fraternal in organization, religious in character, based on the belief in the Fatherhood of God, Brotherhood of man and immortality of the soul.

Freemasonry is NOT a secret society as many surmise. It is a voluntary association wherein the interested one comes of his own free will and accord.

Freemasonry is NOT a religion as many claim it to be.

Freemasonry, in its every effort and purpose, strives to do charitable work within its membership and for society and, through its teachings, seeks to make good men better men. The lessons conveyed by our ritual are based on the Golden Rule.

Freemasonry is a band of men bound together in the bonds of brotherly love and affection that extends throughout the world.

Freemasonry is:

Kindness in the home -
honesty in business

Courtesy in society -
fairness in work

Resistance toward the wicked -
pity and concern for the unfortunate

Help for the weak -
trust in the strong

Forgiveness for the penitent -
and, above all,

Love for one another -
and reverence and love for God.

"Freemasonry is a way of life"

Now, is that good enough for you? If so, I'm happy. If not, then I ask -- do you really want to find out what we do, or are you just out in the hopes you'll find out something sinister... in which case, you'll never be happy, because there's nothing sinister to find out.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   
believe it or not humans (weak) were created to learn, to be curious, i agree 200% that secret societies should be left alone, but humans are never satisfied with what they already know, they HAVE to know what is going on, get my drift???

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 01:01 AM
link   
any secret or even private society that takes a hand in public politics , policy, or governement , or frauds thereof , void a right to privacy at least on the topics/events that transpired.

df1

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuTroll
any secret or even private society that takes a hand in public politics , policy, or governement , or frauds thereof , void a right to privacy at least on the topics/events that transpired.

Do you have a particular society in mind? If so, do you have any evidence that the society you have mind has influenced public/government policy or been involved in fraud?

Name it and present your evidence, otherwise your opinion is void.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 02:00 AM
link   
hey arent people searching for The Garden of Eden? id like links!

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Bubble Boy I assume you are fairly new but there is a search button on your screen and I am sure they are searching for the Garden of Eden but in this thread we are talking about Secret Societe's and their privacy

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 10:16 PM
link   
navajo

are you for real ?

this is supposed to
be an open and
honest society with
transparency in gov't [ yeah , I know it's not ]

we need to know WTF
these people are up
to............................[ we can't just turn a blind eye to them , it'll be the death of our freedom ]
I think you have
unwisely bought into
the politically correct
caca that is sold to
those who don't know
any better as good
for society . I disagree.

I say shine a light on
the rats and throw
them out of office
if deserved !

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 03:13 AM
link   
It is not the normal Mason's people need to worry about, it is the secret part of the society, they are a bunch of gay satanic greedy pigs.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Anything to support that statement, or are you just trying to bad mouth other people?

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by toasted
navajo

are you for real ?

this is supposed to
be an open and
honest society with
transparency in gov't [ yeah , I know it's not ]

we need to know WTF
these people are up
to............................[ we can't just turn a blind eye to them , it'll be the death of our freedom ]
I think you have
unwisely bought into
the politically correct
caca that is sold to
those who don't know
any better as good
for society . I disagree.

I say shine a light on
the rats and throw
them out of office
if deserved !

Ok so lets assume you had some magical way of knowing what goes on in these secret societies, and lets assume that they had bad intentions. what would you do with this knowledge anyways? chances are they would be much stronger and much more powerful then you are.

Now back to reality you say that you must know what these people are up to to keep them in check however you have absolutly know idea in the first place what they are doing. so how do you plan on changing that fact? I would love to hear your plan.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 11:10 PM
link   
well my plan would be as follows

if you are a member of a secret society

you are disqualified from holding public office

same should go for lawyers

fin

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 10:17 AM
link   
A 'secret society' is any private group. How do you plan on finding out if a person is in a private group? Inquisitions? Secret Police?

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by toasted
well my plan would be as follows

if you are a member of a secret society

you are disqualified from holding public office

same should go for lawyers

A good place to start would be to decide what you mean by 'secret society'. Would it just be any private group or would there be specific characteristics?

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 02:01 AM
link   
for now

skull n bones and masons

I have some company here ;

wikipedia , secret societies

" For this reason, secret societies are illegal in several countries.
In the European Union, Poland has made the ban a part of its
constitution. Article 13 of the Constitution of the Republic of Poland states:

"Political parties and other organizations whose programmes are based
upon totalitarian methods and the modes of activity of nazism, fascism
and communism, as well as those whose programmes or activities

sanction racial or national hatred, the application of violence for the
purpose of obtaining power or to influence the State policy, or provide
for the secrecy of their own structure or membership, shall be prohibited." "

this should have enacted here , years ago
and I'm not sure what good would come of it now,

but to do nothing , considering the path
we are on ,IMO ,would be insane.

As insane as the FIAT money we are currently using

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 07:11 AM
link   
If Freemasonry is banned in Poland, someone obviously forgot to tell these guys:

National Grand Lodge of Free and Accepted Masons of Poland

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Toasted

You didn't answer the question. How would you define a secret society? What characteristics would it have that makes it secret?

You mention skull & bones, and masons. Is the only reason because someone else says so, or do you have a criteria to judge these things by?

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Welcome to the Ball. The stage is set. Its a Dance the good versus the bad. I will leave you clues and you will try to catch me. Everyone loves a good mystery. If smoking is a threat and you smoked should you ignore it?

All in all I have yet to meet a Mason familar enough with the mysteries to pose a threat. So I guess that doesn't say much about me but hey someone has to watch these things.

Originally posted by navajoprophet
Why are people so curious about what other people do? I think that the Free Masons and Skull and Bones and all the other groups should be left alone. How would you feel if your neighbor and the rest of the neighborhood found it suddenly interesting to find out what you do in yoru home. I have no idea what in hell these groups are about but we should just leave them alone. If they pose such a threat to our future as people say they probably would have taken over the world by now. I mean we need to just put our hope and faith in that we will wake uop tommrow. Anyways tell me what you guys think of that I'm new on this site but all this stuff on the site about the groups sure probably has them rather pissed and Im sure you would be pissed if people were all up in your business. Anyways yeah tell me what you think lol

The Navajo Prophet

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 10:35 AM
link   
masonic light

feeling attacked ? sorry

don't take it so personally, eh !?

---------------------
trinity

not sure , so

how would YOU define it ?

personally , I just get the ideas

and leave the fine tuning to others...