It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Religous Sheep" Insults

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by namehere
god just wants to be with us and loved by us, belief and to do good is all he asks of us really- if we refuse any of this the punishment is from our own doing and you'll know you deserve it on judgement day.

So what...if we dont believe....because we look for the logic in things...we get eternal damnation?? That punishment seems WAY to harsh for an all powerful omnipotent god with an ego problem that wants us to love him.

[Edited on 23-8-2004 by dreamlandmafia]

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia

So what...if we dont believe....because we look for the logic in things...we get eternal damnation?? That punishment seems WAY to harsh for an all powerful omnipotent god with an ego problem that wants us to love him.

[Edited on 23-8-2004 by dreamlandmafia]

I couldn't agree more, though I DO believe in a higher power...I see too much wrong with Christianity
1) "most" Christians don't know their own religion at all, only what they read what the most popular version of the bible tells them, which is not all there to begin with and listens to their ministers opinion of things...they don't read and learn the truth for themselves...hence, "sheep"
2) "Most" Christians pick and choose out of the bible what they will follow and what they won't...
3) "they preach this that and the other thing and then do whatever anyway, get drunk, cheat, lie, judge others, ect....all of which is against their own religions teaching...such as checking out other people other than their SO (lusting in the heart) this list could go on and on....

Then many have the audacity to tell "me" I'm going to hell...I am an honest person, I don't drink or smoke (did as a kids and had a drug addiction) I don't lie, don't judge others, don't cheat on my DH.....not even interested in other men other than my DH....but it's me that gonna go to hell
Many people don't like Christianity because they are the ones always preaching at everyone else about damnation, which is NOT the way to get others to follow you, by doing this and condemning other for doing this or that....you present your faith negatively, which your own religion says you will be held accountable for....

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by TACHYON
Ever since i joined ATS i have seen a lot of atheists on ATS, and it pisses me off when people of no faith tend to call others "religious sheep." I am assuming that it means we are being herded.

Psalm 23 (Teaching Children to be Lambs of God)

Lesson 1

Psalm 23:1 - The Lord is My Shepherd

In this first lesson children learn that God loves us and gives us everything we need. He is like a good shepherd who takes care of his sheep. Woolie the Puppet teaches this lesson by showing the children a picture he drew of the Good Shepherd, the green pastures, still waters and his friends.

Lesson 2

Psalm 23:2 - He Makes Me Lie Down

In this lesson children learn from Woolie that God knows what is good for us even if we don't. Sometimes it seems like God isn't listening to us or answering our prayers like we want him to, but God knows what is best for us. He knows exactly what we need and when we need it.

Lesson 3

Psalm 23:3 - He Leads Me
In this lesson Woolie learns that the Good Shepherd leads us on the right paths. Children also learn that God leads us through his word, through prayer, and the Holy Spirit. He tells us how to live so that we will be happy and successful.

OTay chil'ren. For these next brain washing excercises, Sheep Herder Jesus says you'll need:

Crafts include:

A framed color sheet
A bookmark
A paper bag sheep puppet
"The Lord is My Shepherd" display

Activities include:

making a edible sheep from pancakes or toast,
"Draw a Sheep" game
"Pin the Tail on the Sheep" game
"Dress the Sheep" game.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Are Christians allowed to complain about being maligned by non believers?

Matthew 5:39:
But I tell you not to resist an evil person. But whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I got alittle christian back a few months ago, and then I slapped myself. The problem with religions is that they place fear within people's minds, if you don't do this then.... ect ect.... There are some good teachings in the bible I agree, alot of it is common sense, and there is alot of it that gives of examples on how to treat a problem through different perspectives other then violence...

If you want to educate yourself about jesus, get to know the apostles, and the authors who wrote the different books, I would not settle for just "one" religion, they pick and choose what books they want to incorporate into their organized group.

Agnostic means knowledge if you want knowledge and truth, seek out all the books in the bible, god always said you don't have to be in a church to get to heaven, you don't have to join a group, the church of god is within all of us, that doesn't scream organized religion to me.

Mormons, catholics, muslims, apostolics, lutherans, united, ect, organizes what books they want to take out of the bible, qu'ran is alittle different they still pick and choose what teachings and books they want to shove into people's heads without taking any notice of the others.

mary magdalene wasn't a prostitute, she wrote a book just like enoch did. She was very close to jesus, maybe even married to him, the apostle paul I think didn't like the idea that a "woman" was much closer to him then him, obviously jesus chimes in and puts him in his place, it was a man's world back then, the catholic church didn't want to recognize this because women would be allowed to be head of churches ect, it couldn't happen so they made up the lie that she was a prostitute and not a teacher, not an apostle, not the TRUTH.......

The other secret they keep is that when people die they will go to hell...... but they don't, when they die, and they do wrong and are sorry they will go to hell for only a short time, and god will take them back to heaven. But the catholic priests didn't want to let this out because then people would see this and think they could do what they wanted here on earth knowing that they would be able to enter heaven shortly after their time in hell. They wanted people to FEAR damnation to keep them on the straight and narrow......

Why would people want to be with a religion that LIES and places FEAR into people's minds??? If people knew some of these secrets I doubt they would keep going back to church and they would be out of a job and they wouldn't get paid.

[edit on 23-8-2004 by TrueLies]

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I don't mind the religious at all. What I do dislike around here is the distain some have for them. The religious right IS what people say it is, but it is not to the point people think it is.

Much like most liberals aren't communists, most christians aren't hypocritical mad dogs pulling at their leashes.

On the otherhand, any Christian that tells someone they are going to hell is wrong, straight up and down. That judgement is reserved for God, and they know it.

Many around here would say that since some black people are drug dealers, that making statements about all blacks in that regard would be wrong. Much is the same for Christians. Because ALL Christians are flawed, that does not make a case for it's invalidity.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies
I got alittle christian back a few months ago, and then I slapped myself.

You know, that happened to me this weekend...but I slapped her....and it was a butt cheek......she did turn the to the other....and asked for another! I think it ended at about an even 15 'Our Fathers' & 'Hail Marys' worth of penance, but.......do loud "OH, GOD!" exclamations count towards the act of contrition?

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time

You know, that happened to me this weekend...but I slapped her....and it was a butt cheek......she did turn the to the other....and asked for another! I think it ended at about an even 15 'Our Fathers' & 'Hail Marys' worth of penance, but.......do loud "OH, GOD!" exclamations count towards the act of contrition?

Are we talking about the same thing here?? lol, i'm getting the impression your about a two second bus ride away from writing one of those cheesy romance novels... title it "the act of penance" and call yourself daddy...

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Ever since i joined ATS i have seen a lot of atheists on ATS, and it pisses me off when people of no faith tend to call others "religious sheep."

[edit on 23-8-2004 by TACHYON]

You know, I have been here for almost 9 months and that is the first time have every read this term. And Im pretty sure I have never typed it.

Could refer me to some of the treads? And they all cant be the same person. Thanks!

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Tachyon,

Einstein was a pantheist, not of Judeo-Christian creed, he, even though a man of science, had once said,

A spirit is manifest in the laws of the universe--a spirit vastly superior to that of man, and one in the face of which we with our modest powers must feel humble.

Deep

[edit on 23-8-2004 by ZeroDeep]

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time

Are we talking about the same thing here?? lol, i'm getting the impression your about a two second bus ride away from writing one of those cheesy romance novels... title it "the act of penance" and call yourself daddy...

here is one person that i am aware of:

Originally posted by James the Lesser
Jazzerman, you are right, they are acting like gays are out to get them. Damn, and I thought I was paranoid about the CIA. Hmmm, maybe that black van outside my place is really a gay guy trying to spy on me. Oh no, the gays are trying to take over the world! Run! Hide! The gays are coming the gays are coming!

Holy hell on Stilts that sounds funny. Imagine Paul riding a horse through the twn yelling that instead of the Red Coats are Coming.

People, there is no gay agenda. This so reminds me of the 50's and 60's and 70's. Back then blacks were not allowed to marry to whites, not allowed to hold office, and were treated like they were trying to take over the world. KKK, eat your hearts out!

I realize that christians have an excuse to think that gays are gonna try to take over the world. In the past they tried to take over the world leading to several religon wars and Inqusitions. And when that failed they just tortured you ar burnt you at a stake. Maybe they think since they act like that and think like that that everyone does. Sorry, only religous sheep believe in that.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 03:03 AM
link   

The other secret they keep is that when people die they will go to hell...... but they don't, when they die, and they do wrong and are sorry they will go to hell for only a short time, and god will take them back to heaven. But the catholic priests didn't want to let this out because then people would see this and think they could do what they wanted here on earth knowing that they would be able to enter heaven shortly after their time in hell. They wanted people to FEAR damnation to keep them on the straight and narrow......

[edit on 23-8-2004 by TrueLies]

Just out of interest that is exactly what i was taught in my youth (i was raised islamic, but have since become agnostic)... When you die you serve your time in hell then you go to heaven... there is no forgiveness for sins untill you've done your time... which for me makes more sense than confessing them being forgiven

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I am aware of the going to hell to pay first then to heaven teachings and I believe it. The only person who has responded to my questions is specialsianx, many of you others have tended to shy away from my questions. Is that because you realize that maybe I might be right?

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 03:30 AM
link   
I believe dreamlandmafia stated he was going with my response... i think many people have not thought that a higher power being true is a possibility, so therefore dont want to contemplate what they would say if comfronted... i think my response to your question and then my response to your response (in which i am waiting for a repsonse to... confusing huh?) have kept me cover if (and a big if mind you) i am ever confronted by a higher power... and if i'm never confronted well then i lost nothing.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by specialasianX
I believe dreamlandmafia stated he was going with my response... i think many people have not thought that a higher power being true is a possibility, so therefore dont want to contemplate what they would say if comfronted... i think my response to your question and then my response to your response (in which i am waiting for a repsonse to... confusing huh?) have kept me cover if (and a big if mind you) i am ever confronted by a higher power... and if i'm never confronted well then i lost nothing.

Wouldnt you rather be prepared to answer than to not answer at all? I am asking the nonbelievers what they would say in a hypthetical situation, not if they belive in a higher power or not.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 03:37 AM
link   

The only person who has responded to my questions is specialsianx, many of you others have tended to shy away from my questions. Is that because you realize that maybe I might be right?

So we are supposed to answer your questions to show that you aren't "right"? Fine. I will do so now.

What will you non-believers do hypothetically when the higher power(GOD or anyother power) comes and judges you? What will be your excuse then?

Why would I need an excuse for my behavior while I was alive? I was given the ability to think for myself and make my own decisions. If I chose poorly, I chose poorly and will send you a postcard from Hell. Big whoop. Damnation doesn't frighten me in the least.

I was a christian for 21 years of my life and have come to the conclusion through my life experience that the stories presented in the Bible are just that, stories. Religion, IMO, did me more physical and mental harm than good and I wouldn't wish religious indoctrination upon my worst enemy. If anything out of the Bible turns out to be true and I go to Hell, so be it. Life did me no favors in convincing me of its reality.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 07:50 AM
link   
No links to this term? Cant find any? Bogus thread, to spew god around.

[Edited on 24-8-2004 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Tachyon

I am a 'non-believer'. i dont really think we will be judged, if we are i am prepared... but i really would rather not be judged for what i do... not that its bad, but more its not anyone elses business other than my own...

(edit as i forgot to finish my post before i posted it)

[Edited on 27-8-2004 by specialasianX]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join