It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

47 Shot Across NYC in Weekend of Violence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
And of course that retard Bloomberg calls for national gun control. Bloomberg, according to you, since NYC is basically ``gun free`` there shouldn't have any gun crime since it's illegal! People don't commit crimes if it's illegal, I mean, it's just unthinkable!

47 Shot Across City in Weekend of Violence

Since Saturday morning, there have been at least 47 people shot in the city, with one other fatality.

At the Christian Cultural Center in Brooklyn Sunday morning, Mayor Bloomberg spoke out against the incidents over the weekend, which at that point was at 25.

"There are just too many guns on the streets and we have to do something about it," he said, and urged for more federal control and stricter gun control laws across the country.

Bloomberg, READ THE CONSTITUTION. Don't like it? MOVE TO ANOTHER COUNTRY.

Crime occurs not because of weapons available (because you will always find weapons) but because SOMETHING pushes people to commit crimes... usually it's poverty. Fix poverty and you'll fix crime. Banning guns won't solve anything.

But of course these politicians don't want to solve anything, they just want to take rights away.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
"There are just too many guns on the streets and we have to do something about it," he said, and urged for more federal control and stricter gun control laws across the country."

No surprise there.

Edit to add:

I must say, I am also quite impressed with the folks responding to the article - they know what's up!

edit on 9/6/2011 by BeyondPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
And of course that retard Bloomberg calls for national gun control. Bloomberg, according to you, since NYC is basically ``gun free`` there shouldn't have any gun crime since it's illegal! People don't commit crimes if it's illegal, I mean, it's just unthinkable!

47 Shot Across City in Weekend of Violence

Since Saturday morning, there have been at least 47 people shot in the city, with one other fatality.

At the Christian Cultural Center in Brooklyn Sunday morning, Mayor Bloomberg spoke out against the incidents over the weekend, which at that point was at 25.

"There are just too many guns on the streets and we have to do something about it," he said, and urged for more federal control and stricter gun control laws across the country.

Bloomberg, READ THE CONSTITUTION. Don't like it? MOVE TO ANOTHER COUNTRY.

Crime occurs not because of weapons available (because you will always find weapons) but because SOMETHING pushes people to commit crimes... usually it's poverty. Fix poverty and you'll fix crime. Banning guns won't solve anything.

But of course these politicians don't want to solve anything, they just want to take rights away.

well said! guns are practically illegal in nyc yet they're all over even jhs & high schools (from experience!) let alone in most every household (illegally), car, underwear, bookbag, handpurse, briefcase, u name it. people in general, the masses, are more rude nasty ghettoer and ghettoer each yr and yea that includes kids.

and almost whenever i hear friends/fam talking about clubs or 'holiday' festivals, theres alwayss a shootout and/or stabbing involved.

keep drinkin that clean reFreshing nyc tap water, yall!

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
So let me get this straight.. You want to have the right to have a gun for everybody.. And you post the article about 47 shots being fired.

First of all that would be the case than the article would talk about much more shots and NO not everybody can just buy a gun. If you want to purchase a gun illegally then I don't think that you should have a gun in the first place. Let alone that you personally can't a gun that way otherwise you wouldn't be whining about it

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

In other news, everyone in America can have a gun except felons.

So there's no ``illegal guns``.

``Illegal guns`` are legal guns in ``no guns areas``... and those areas are unconstitutional.

And felons, since they already broken a serious law, won't care about following the law anyway to get a gun ``illegally``.

Also like I said... don't like the second amendment? Move to another country.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
reply to post by Hellas

In other news, everyone in America can have a gun except felons.

So there's no ``illegal guns``.

``Illegal guns`` are legal guns in ``no guns areas``... and those areas are unconstitutional.

And felons, since they already broken a serious law, won't care about following the law anyway to get a gun ``illegally``.

Also like I said... don't like the second amendment? Move to another country.

thats a stretch to say that.

because obviously people are arrested locked up convicted and even imprisoned (or deported) around the clock
for posession or use of 'illegal guns'.

(a parallel would be using an unregistered car on the street. its iterchangeably illegal on the street. speaking of which, theres even the term 'street-legal')

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
projects.nytimes.com...
according to this map with an average of 540 homicides per year ,the rate seems to be dropping
69% guns
23 % knives
8 % other

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

And where were the police during these shootings? Behind the guns no doubt.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Gun Control should only mean one thing.

Making sure you aim and hitting your target instead of something near it.

What we need, is moron control.

Making sure we dont let the morons mess with our aiming(gun control) capabilities.

Bloomberg- Eat It. We all know the reason why you punks want gun control. To Take The Power Away From Those Whom You Have Enslaved.

They dont want you armed so you can fight back.

Why would they give number two an opportunity to become number one?

They wont stop trying to take away the right to protect yourselves until you take away their right to take away yours.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I live in a county about an hour north of Raleigh, NC.

We have more guns than people on avg. in this country.

This past weekend we had zero victims of gun crime... no shots, no wounds, no murders...zip...nada....O.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz
projects.nytimes.com...
according to this map with an average of 540 homicides per year ,the rate seems to be dropping

The NYC homicide rates have been dropping, but that's not necessarily indicative of the effectiveness of NYC's gun control measures. In fact, homicide rates throughout the country have dropped off significantly since their peaks in the 80s and early 90s. The pace of the decline has slowed, but is still trending downward. Statistically, 2009 had the lowest overall homicide rate for the entire country since 1964 and the fewest total homicides since 1969.

And yes, Bloomberg is an idiot. If you look at the rural areas of the country, where gun ownership rates tend to be the highest, homicide and violent crime rates generally tend to run below average as compared to the rest of the country. Meanwhile, the biggest cities, which tend to have very strict gun laws, also tend to have homicide rates that are in many case several times the national average.

Needless to say, the gun laws don't work because they just aren't addressing the real problem, which is poverty, lack of education and a lack of opportunity for people to improve the quality of their lives. The gun laws in this country are nothing more than an attempt to slap a bandaid on the problem and to make the politicians look like they're doing something constructive when they're not.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Bloomberg is famous for blaming other states for his troubles.

NYC being "gun free" isn't the problem in his eyes. It's Georgia and Virginia and New Hampshire who are the cause of his problems. Some guy in Georgia has him home broken into and the black market funnels his firearm collection up through Jersey, Boston and NYC and it's Georgias fault.

Bloomberg uses the obvious failure of the "gun free" concept to push for the massive expansion of the "gun free" zone until it encompasses the totality of the US.

Then we can look forward to crates of Bolivian AK's working their way up through the border along with the coc aine and heroin.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Maybe the moron should do something about the reason WHY people are shooting each other.. not that people are actually getting shot at.

I swear, Liberal Progressives are complete idiots sometimes..

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Reading the local stories about some of the shootings, I learned than an 11 and 13 year old were shot at 3:45am in a backyard party. That says a lot about the people involved.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Just steppin out there taking another swipe at the second amendment. I wander how many were killed in the city by drunk drivers over the weekend? oh how about drug overdoses? Or how many of those were shot over drug fueds? I am sure there were plenty of those throughout the weekend too. And dont forget those nasty tenement fires that take so many lives. On top of all of that how many were knifed over the weekend? Yet this jackass gets to the podium and talks only on the gun issue. wake up and look at the big picture and you will see that 47 shootings in your city really wernt that big.of a thing. The one thing this idiot forgets is its these gun owners that he is attacking that will be going to the polls come election time. Its a social issue bloomburg not a freakin gun issue.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
After the Port Arthur Massacre in Tasmania (Australia) traditional Anglo/Aussies were compelled to hand over their legally owned semi automatic weapons.
Now in Sydney .... Lebanese and Vietnamese gangs are shooting guns off all over the joint , businesses are getting robbed by gun toting thugs and crims.

No one has a gun to defend themselves in Australia ...except the crims of course, who use them to attack the unarmed.
Sounds like the way the USA is heading.
Guns only for the crims.
edit on 8-9-2011 by Dr Expired because: word editing

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I'm just wondering how many deaths there would have been if New York had a C&C law.

Bloomberg probably has no problem with his bodyguards carrying weapons, liberal shmuck!

new topics

join