It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New evidence links Cisco to jailing and torture of Chinese

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
So anyone doing business with Cisco...I hope you think of that next time you order stuff from them.

New evidence links Cisco to jailing and torture of Chinese

A human rights group suing Cisco for aiding the tracking and torture of people in China claims it has new evidence proving the tech giant tailored its technology to specifically enable these abuses.

If accepted by the court, the revelations, including that Cisco trained Chinese officials in how to surveil net users, could prove damning for the company, which has always claimed it has done no more than sell stock standard technology to the regime.

IMO Cisco should be prosecuted under western law for what they do... and they can be :

The Human Rights Law Foundation, based in Washington, filed its suit against Cisco in May under a law that allows US companies to be sued for violations of human rights committed abroad.

Hell yeah. If they did it, those responsible at CISCO need to go to jail.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I always knew he was evil.. Especially during the period when he sang the thong song..

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
wait wait. let me guess, either Cisco is:

1) hiring americans and paying them decent money
2) owned by white people
3) successful
4) owned by jews.
5) capitalistic

typically, if there's a thread here on ATS complaining about american businesses, they fall under one of those categories.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon
I always knew he was evil.. Especially during the period when he sang the thong song..

Exactly what I was thinking!

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
sorta like this guy?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

the really sad thing about this is, cisco will get smacked, someone else will take their business, jobs and the money, and no one will know about it because that's what's going on. it's a changing of the guard, but it's not really changing anything that really bugs us. it's just giving these guys the opportunity to rule the world, instead of those guys, but it ends up the same way. or worse. in this case, interpreting foreign laws to prosecute american companies, could be a very handy tool for those who wish to redefine the marketplace based on things like ethnicity, political party or religion. it sounds all nice and shiny, but it ain't.

new topics

top topics

join