It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sonic boom and power outtage.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I don't know what was going on, I swear to god. I heard a sonic boom and it sounded like a gunshot, when I looked out of the windows the street lights were out. EMPs ? My paranoia from being here too much or something else. My lights or nobody else's are out but just the street lights. What happened ?

One has came on since, what the hell ?

edit on 6-9-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Heartisblack

Don´t worry it´s just part of the fake alien attack that the govt is staging. Nothing to worry about. You still got electricity to your computer right?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Sounds like a transformer blew up on a powerline nearby. Happens sometimes. Those suckers can really explode. Thatd be my first guess.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain

Don´t worry it´s just part of the fake alien attack that the govt is staging. Nothing to worry about. You still got electricity to your computer right?

No comment on what you said, boom scared the hell out of me though. Came out of nowhere.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   

I'm no expert on the subject but it sounds like a power transformer pop (the gunshot sound you heard) and that would also explain the power outage.it couldn't be an emp or your computer wouldn't be working

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Could be a transformer blowing up or power lines getting shorted by something, if it was an emp I think everything electrical in your house would be burnt out and your car or anything ells you have the is electric. A sonic boom is just a noise created when an aircraft go through the sound barrier it will not make the electricity go out.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by theskipper00

I'm no expert on the subject but it sounds like a power transformer pop (the gunshot sound you heard) and that would also explain the power outage.it couldn't be an emp or your computer wouldn't be working

It shows I'm tired, much as I sit on these forums and I can't properly identify a proper EMP

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
well street lights have a light sensor on them so they know when to turn on or off. Maybe some kid got ahold of a flash bang and threw it down your street. Or yes fake alien invasion they are planning because off all these shows on tv preparing us. A fake alien invasion would fix the depression

Edit:most likely power transformer popping
edit on 6-9-2011 by nyancat because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
could have been some lightning and thunder most street lights have sensors to turn on and off lots of light off none on just a thought
beat me to it nany lol sorry
edit on 6-9-2011 by ed1320 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ed1320
could have been some lightning and thunder most street lights have sensors to turn on and off lots of light off none on just a thought
beat me to it nany lol sorry
edit on 6-9-2011 by ed1320 because: (no reason given)

No, not thundering. Not that I know of.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
How loud was it? rattling the windows loud? or firecracker? check for the repair trucks too. Maybe it was a meteorite

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyancat
How loud was it? rattling the windows loud? or firecracker? check for the repair trucks too. Maybe it was a meteorite

No rattling the windows loud, somewhat like a firecracker and a gunshot in one.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   

I hope you didn't think, "oh my god, this must be it".

I'll agree with the others on this one, it sounds like a transformer going out given the street lights are out.

Peace

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by InnerPeace2012

I hope you didn't think, "oh my god, this must be it".

I'll agree with the others on this one, it sounds like a transformer going out given the street lights are out.

Peace

I did! I honestly thought "Holy #, this is it! Where's that gun at !? Doom!" I sound like a GLPer, my god. I sound bad, insomnia's the only reason why I'm still awake.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
just so you know a sonic boom and a gun shot sound totaly different yeah bullet may be super sonic but an air plan has more mass..now if you would have said it sounded like a gas station blowing up that would have been a little closer. oh and if all your windows were blown out yup would have been a sonic boom. to be honest i think they banned sonic booms over populated areas. also if a craft wants to go super sonic they go to a certain altitude where sonic booms cant be heard on the ground.
edit on 6-9-2011 by SpunGCake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Did it sound like this? It's way louder in person!

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
A transformer blew up in my neighborhood last year during the middle of the night. It lit up the entire canyon we live in with a bunch of colors. The whole canyon was glowing for maybe a minute. was pretty crazy, my mind was coming up with a bunch of crazy ideas when it was happening.

top topics

join