It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion: What they don't tell you.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

Very well said, but my counterpoint is, you could also give birth to the next Hitler, Stalin, or Osama.So what that child is capable of is mute.

If the parent is unable to provide any reaonsable future for that child, then most likely they won't become Einestein.

BTW, while Einstein is one of the greatest thinking minds, his family life sucked and his children didn't talk to him.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Seektruthalways1

I will remind my friend who was raped by her drunk father that she was just acting slutty.

You just keep drinking that snuggly soft mountain spring softener and pretend that there aren't any truley bad people in the world, just those who misbehave. Oh, and its only the women's fault.

Congrats, I now know your a mysoginist.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Eh, we've already got plenty of Hitlers and Stalins running around, so we're used to dealing with them. Not enough of the others, though...as far as parents being unable to provide and that impeding development, possibly true. Possibly not, though, as a good many have risen from adverse conditions.

And Einstein...you get my point anyway, but the world still benefitted from having him, so I can deal with the family issues. And not to sound cold, I love my family and recognize the ties that generally bind, but I'm also somewhat distant myself. People are people, and none necessarily more special just because of blood. Granted, that's just my personal issues speaking, but true nonetheless.

Thanks and take care, Nixie

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

But, but, but
your actually debating reasonable. Don't go away!

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

But, but, but
your actually debating reasonable. Don't go away!

Oh Nixie...I've got nothing else to offer up here, friend, and haven't debated anything - just offered my opinions.

I disagree with abortion due to what I see as the harm to all involved and possible losses for the rest of us, but like most - at least - I don't know enough truth of the matter one way or the other to do anything but try to guide people to what I feel is best for all, and even that admittedly has its own problems due to the world and the way people work.

There are things I believe in my heart of hearts, that everyone can be loved and even that those who weren't can go on to great things...that we may not know a lot that could change the way we feel about what we do to those in the womb, and when...and a good many other things - but what use is any of that to anyone else? Do I have any right to impose that on anyone? Does anyone have any right to impose their will or beliefs on an unborn life, conversely?

Everything is contested on all sides, and this thing more than most.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I am anti-abortion, even in cases of rape and incest and deformed babies. I'm only "for" them--and that's a big vague for, is when the life of the mother and baby is severely at risk, and the child is younger than the "age of viability". And I'm not talking about being a diabetic and having 12 pound babies, here.

But it doesn't mean that I have to have a lack of compassion in my stance. Not everyone finds themselves in the mental state it takes to handle difficulties in life. Especially the first time something goes wrong. Most people are not taught to calculate risks and consequences. That;s generally the fault of the previous generation--although a kid can ignore wisdom all on their own.

I do not have compassion for the decisions of folks who refuse to grow up, as some, not all, who choose abort for convenience sake, do.

I'm sorry, you want to do adult things, then take on adult responsibilities and live up to them. Practice what it takes to be an adult, not the rights of adulthood. You know the type: they complain about all the things that go wrong in their life, and yet can't tell you what part they played to get into that situation in the first place. Take for instance, "the Grass is Greener" folks: you man hop (or woman hop), thinking this guys going to provide for you better than the last, and because you're so "in love". All you wind up feeding is the emotional high you get from a new love, where your mind blocks out all the negative aspects of the new person in your life. At this point, you're asking for it. When, not if, it falls apart, you want the world to give you a crying shoulder because it was such a bitter experience? Excuse me, I'm sorry for your grief, no one wants you to be hurt, but the pain is there to remind you that your choices in life led you to this moment. Own up to it, and you might have a chance of not repeating the same problem over and over again. Don't and watch some friends walk away over time--there's only so much they can take of the same obvious mistake over and over. (This is without the aspect of "What if the new guy beats women?" NOBODY deserves to be beaten down. This does not take away from what you do to put yourself in position to be beaten. Two separate things, really.)

When this type aborts (most of this type tend to keep their kids, that I can remember--it's a way to hold on to the "Grass is Greener Past"), they're generally aborting for the wrong reasons altogether. Remember, they're not admitting to what they did that caused the situation, so aborting the kid is another part of not taking responsibility for their actions. While it could be arguable that the abortion is better for the kid's sake, in this case, it's not better for the mom. (Any more than it is better for her to man-hop when she's got kids in tow.)

There's about 12 different scenarios where I plain want to throttle the aborting adult for being childish. There is little to no rational behavior in their decision, and because of that, I've got to remember that it's far more easy to get people to see the error of their reasoning with compassion than there is with whacking them over the head with a frozen halibut.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Oh yes, and the one to kill or punish the is the baby.....Yeah thats a good just decision, make the innocent suffer. Maybe......the drunk father should be the one who gets his wiener cut off? Or beaten to a pulp? Or maybe sent to jail for his life?

Rethink your stand on abortion, No amount of blabbering and nonsense talk for abortion is any excuse to kill the unborn, NONE.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seektruthalways1
Rethink your stand on abortion, No amount of blabbering and nonsense talk for abortion is any excuse to kill the unborn, NONE.

That you believe abortion is killing a sentient being is your belief. It is not mine.

Since that is your belief - - don't have an abortion.

But DO NOT shove your beliefs on me. I'm not interested.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
What is this stalin or hitler or Einstien crap. They are human babies from day one and very precious. Even if u want to say they wouldnt be brought into a perfect world .....:I jus dont get it. My wife committed suicide when my son was 18 months old and I have basicly raised him on my own. He has turned into a fine young man and is building a new home with a great job. And I was there to guide him through his formative years. Family is so importantant but our society has gotten away from that. So sad. I' m far from perfect, but I was. and still am here to be a dad. I cant imagine life without my son and I just hope people respect life for what it is. A gift from God and a miricle.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Hawking
I don't think it's a simple decision for any woman, whether they are pro-choice or not. You'll be hard pressed to find someone truly PRO abortion, but sometimes when the decision is between a simple procedure and attempting to raise a child in seriously un-fit conditions, you pick the lesser of two evils.

As for myself, I'd rather be aborted than be "raised" by a 14 year-old (or a totally careless mother of any age) or someone addicted to crack, etc. If a person of any age or condition feels completely unfit to responsibly raise a child they should be given the option.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Skydog88

Hawking
I don't think it's a simple decision for any woman, whether they are pro-choice or not. You'll be hard pressed to find someone truly PRO abortion, but sometimes when the decision is between a simple procedure and attempting to raise a child in seriously un-fit conditions, you pick the lesser of two evils.

As for myself, I'd rather be aborted than be "raised" by a 14 year-old (or a totally careless mother of any age) or someone addicted to crack, etc. If a person of any age or condition feels completely unfit to responsibly raise a child they should be given the option.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   

IlluminatusOculus33
Abortion should be mandatory for anyone under 18. There is too many teenage parents walking around. The government should pay to end that problem.

These kids go on government assistance because of that. Better to pay once than for years.

A b#stard shall not enter into the congregation of the LORD; even to his tenth generation shall he not enter into the congregation of the LORD. -Deuteronomy 23:2 KJV

Illegitimate children are cut off from God.
edit on 6-9-2011 by IlluminatusOculus33 because: (no reason given)

You are ignorant. Nuff said. Im a so called b@stard, and Im friggin awesome, you probably had two parents that brought you up to be a jerk. I had one and turned out better than you..figure that out.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Seektruthalways1
reply to post by MRSeuphoric1

5 weeks old or 5 mins old, its still a living being. Its human, and has all the human DNA with it, and its a consequence of a man and woman having sex. If you dont understand the simplicity of this, then its no wonder people try to find ways and excuses to defend killing their unborn child.

You think it was better to kill them than give them the chance to survive? How else was that boy/girl going to grow in this world? You think if the situation isnt perfect, you abort them? Comon seriously, 50% of the people who have children are not in the perfect situation, yet, we are all here arent we? My baby brother was an unexpected pregnancy, and hes alive, and my mother and father never regretted it. And us older brothers are very happy they kept him, it made our lives interesting and happy. It was tough to raise him in the wrong time, but else do we learn to grow and be stronger people? Dont we learn from hardships and mistakes? We are better people, stronger that is, if we are brought up in hardships, than in easy breezy lives.

I say those who try to bring a new life into the world, not giving up no matter what situation they are in, should be applauded for trying. And dont you women understand the wait time for adopted children? The wait times are YEARS up to 5 years even!!! And your telling me it was better to abort them? What about those familes who cant have children, dont they have a say in the matter to raise your child?

Wheres the effort abortionists? HMM?? Are you women to weak to struggle and maybe sacrifice something out of your precious life (money, career, time)? Frankly, I will never change my mind about it, I just want the women who did have an abortion to admit, yes, I did a wrong thing please forgive me. Thats all I ask, dont try tell me you made the best decison at the time, it wasnt.
edit on 7-9-2011 by Seektruthalways1 because: (no reason given)

You are never going to win.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Skydog88
What is this stalin or hitler or Einstien crap. They are human babies from day one and very precious. Even if u want to say they wouldnt be brought into a perfect world .....:I jus dont get it. My wife committed suicide when my son was 18 months old and I have basicly raised him on my own. He has turned into a fine young man and is building a new home with a great job. And I was there to guide him through his formative years. Family is so importantant but our society has gotten away from that. So sad. I' m far from perfect, but I was. and still am here to be a dad. I cant imagine life without my son and I just hope people respect life for what it is. A gift from God and a miricle.

Im glad you stuck it out good for you. That doesnt give you the right to tell other people what to do. Period.

No ammount of bible scripture, or preaching is going to do any good. Religious people will never get abortion abolished. You have no right to tell someone what to do with thier body. No matter how badly you want it to be so , it NEVER will .

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

I agree with pro choice. Your comment alludes to the misguided belief that ppl abort for negative reasons and in which case it may be the best course. teen mum, poverty & addiction are all good reasons for terminating a pregnancy but these are not the only sort of reasons. Sometimes we just dont want a baby, she may be over the age of consent, financially & socially stable, not a druggie or a drunk or in a violent environment. pro choice means not having to have a reason to abort, it means having the choice to do so for no reason at all.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   

nyancat
Don't abortions increase your chances of cancers like ten-fold? I think it was breast cancer. Anyways it screws with all the hormones. I don't agree with abortions nor are they good for you. but in the case of the lesser of 2 evil's and it being in the very early stage, well then maybe.
Pregnancy is 10x more dangerous then abortion. True fact.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I believe it's a women choice. No one has the inherit right to control other people (referring to human(hood) body (entrapment/slavery).

Event tho, i think abortion would be wrong for me. I believe that people deserve a choice.

Women aren't baby making machines nor are they farm animals to reproduce.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join