It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion: What they don't tell you.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Seektruthalways1

My mom sat down and we had the talk twice a year from the age of 8. I still became a teenager that knew everything and nothing bad was going to happen. I got pregnant. I made my choices and have to live with them! It wasn't my mom's fault!

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Its about abortion.

I've actually had one. Made that decision. Speaking from personal experience.

Why are you here?

Still if you said people should mind their own business why are you joining the discussion? Minding your own business means not get involved in other peoples problems or discussions. Why should you having had an abortion matter? You're still getting involved in other people's business.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

It shouldnt matter if its my child, or yours. Why doesnt the unborn have any say in this? He/she is the one that suffers the most, actually gets wiped off the earth to blatently say it.

That unborn child did not suffer the most..it may have suffered for a few minutes.. and then..it was gone..never to experience the pain and suffering this world can bring.

Let me ask you this.. what choice has the child who was born have? Did they get to make the choice of living in poverty..or living with a sexually abusive parent..or the many many other things that effects the lives of children for the duration of their lives. I'm sure many many children, if given a view of what their lives would consist of ,after being born , would take the option of not being born...but they don't get any say in this...they just get thrown into a corrupt world..with judgement and greed, sexual depravity, and all that other good stuff.

Then they are made to feel guilty,and selfish and pathetic if they really want to end their time on this planet. They are told to think positive, and good thoughts change reality..when inside in their hearts..they are broken, brokenhearted..stressed and tired .

Oh..and should they happen to seek some comfort in the arms of another, and in that moment of passion neglect to use protection..well then they get to look forward to judgement of others for not bringing another child into this stinking corrupt world , and once again are exposed to the cold callous judgement of others.

Why doesn't the unborn have a say in deciding they want nothing to do with this mess of a planet?

You are wrong when you say they suffer the most..when in fact they suffer the least.

EDIT: I need to add that I do not think poverty is the worst thing to go through, especially if you have a loving supportive system that helps you emotionally get through it. There are very rich children who suffer the conditions I mentioned above as well... due to the twisted minds and hearts of humans.
edit on 8-9-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

Unwanted child by who? DO you know the wait time for adoption is from 1 year up to 5 years? The child is not unwanted, it was unexpected is all.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seektruthalways1
reply to post by gabby2011

Unwanted child by who? DO you know the wait time for adoption is from 1 year up to 5 years? The child is not unwanted, it was unexpected is all.

You're correct..I shouldn't have used the words unwanted.. unexpected is a much better way of phrasing it.

Adoption still doesn't guarantee a life without some serious emotional pain....and it still doesn't change the fact that this world is screwed up and getting worse.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by nyancat

That is just propaganda put out by the anti abortion crowd.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

No, your someone living in a Snuggle Soft Mountain Spring smelling world. There are people put into situations that are not only less then ideal, they are horrid.

Guess what, there are fates worse then death, and several here can attest to that. Being killed off isnt the worse thing that can happen to a person.
Because there IS hell on earth.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Again, the wait for adoption is so long because people only want healthy white babies. For those children who arent, they get to wait in the system and get taken care of by the government till they are 18.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
That's quite enough.

Please stay on topic.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Oh, and what type of situation was these people put in? Hmm? Did the girl get to a certain party, that she chose to go to, and she was forced into sex? And somehow that isnt her fault?

Oh but the girls who have sex when they arent supposed yet arent to blame? Like the ones going to school under grade 12? Oh and the girl was forced to go to the party eh? And she was forced to drink their too eh? And she was forced to make out with that cute guy eh? And she was forced to sleep with him and get pregnant eh? As if....

And you say these people are not to blame, but the child is the problem so remove it? Like what is running through your head? You sound like the doctors who treat patients. "Doctor I have a headache whats wrong?" He gives you an aspirin, but doesnt treat the problem just the symptom.

Do you have a hatred for people who actually care for the unborn, or for children for the matter? What situation could possible be soo horrible that any woman was put in or forced that she just had to have an abortion but couldnt possibly bring the child up and give up for adoption. No one was holding a gun to them, and if they were, the gun doesnt choose, you still make the choice to listen to the threat or fight back and do the right thing.

I think the women have lack of self control, the boys have lack of self control, and the outcome is an unwanted child. And thanks to bad parenting, poor upbringing in schools, sex propaganda in media of any sorts, and poor morals, it plays on the minds of young girls and they think they should fit in and be at parties, or with boys and go all the way in the bedsheets and then they get a baby, but, "They were forced into it! it wasnt their fault!" Yeaaaaa right......

edit on 9-9-2011 by Seektruthalways1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Seektruthalways..if you are trying to say that abortion should not be considered a form of birth control..I totally get what you're saying.

Understanding the gift of creating life, and the responsibility and devotion that is needed to nurture it needs to be understood for all ages..in both men and women on a much deeper level.

Many mistakes are made in youth , but in the end "forcing" people to do things has never seemed to accomplish much, except cause more secrecy, and more lies.

Ultimately, people have to gain their own wisdom , through their own mistakes , or through the mistakes of others.

There is nothing wrong with caring about an unborn child..,, and I don't think anyone here is accusing you of being "bad" for that.

edit on 10-9-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Hi Nixie. I'll stick my nose into this beehive, although I probably shouldn't..

While I personally don't agree with or sanction abortion, and don't think that people should do it, I agree with Ron Paul on this issue. Legislation will never work to address the issue one way or the other, only a change in the general mind and mood of the public can do it - if it will ever happen. As such, and reiterating my personal disagreement with it, I don't think anyone should stick their nose into the affairs of a woman on it either way, beyond encouragement, education, and providing option if they're available.

Having said that and getting back to what you mentioned about hell on earth, that actually one of my longstanding gripes against abortion. Sure, we'll never know one way or the other, but what's the possibility we're aborting some of those people who could help turn this world around, wake people up, or get things fixed.

Is it possible we may have aborted the next wave of Gandhis, Einsteins, Kings? Someone who may have helped us get things back on track?

While I'm definitely more sympathetic to the cases in which incest or rape has occurred, I feel we need to acknowledge that the statistics show these are the vast minority, and the much greater portion of abortions are elective and the result of a lack of foresight or preparation on the part of those involved.

It seems the easiest way to address the debate would be to resolve the root causes of all the unwanted pregnancies. Sure, some will say birth control fails, but if people are using it correctly, those failure rates are very low (maybe just lucky, I suppose, but I've never had any issues there myself - in a few possible cases, a quick trip across town to pick up some spermicide took around 30 minutes - possible problem solved).

So, the question truly seems to be...how do we educate people to be responsible and take the steps they need to take to either prevent the risk of pregnancy in the first place, or otherwise follow up appropriately after the fact, and thus avoid invasive medical procedures?

Regardless, and I know this will earn some ire, I do not believe it is ever appropriate to use general taxpayer funds, etc., to fund abortion or related services. I can't find the quote now, but I believe John Adams said it very well in that there are few things more odious than to force someone to pay for something he finds reprehensible.

I'm normally very much against the idea, but in cases where someone who is obviously not fit to deal with parenthood continues to find themselves in such a situation and ends up either seeking multiple abortions or generating wards of the state, I'm inclined to lend my support to either hormone injection/implants to prevent fertitility, if not outright sterilization depending on the specific case and its severity being mandated by some jurisdictions.

Sorry for rambling, just my thoughts on this issue as is so divisive on all sides, for so many reasons. Take care.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Praetorius

Regardless, and I know this will earn some ire, I do not believe it is ever appropriate to use general taxpayer funds, etc., to fund abortion or related services. I can't find the quote now, but I believe John Adams said it very well in that there are few things more odious than to force someone to pay for something he finds reprehensible.

Such as war?

What about rape victims? Where do you stand on them and abortion?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by aorAki

Such as war?

What about rape victims? Where do you stand on them and abortion?

Definitely such as war, and prohibition, and a whole host of other things. If something is worth supporting, there will be people to support and take part in it.

As far as rape & incest victims, I touched on that briefly above. I still don't believe general taxpayer funds should go to such things, but have no problem with victims' relief funds or other sources of willing contribution/other funding dealing with such, my personal feelings aside.

I would seek to coach those women against it as I've seen accounts in which the abortion procedure ends up feeling like another rape event, and they sometimes come with their own post-traumatic issues...in addition to the fact that even those women have in some cases grown to love those babies.

But it is still their choice, however sad and tough either way. Support and guidance are called for in these and other cases, not control or threat. If someone truly wants to abort, they will do so regardless of the legality.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

But it is still their choice, however sad and tough either way. Support and guidance are called for in these and other cases, not control or threat. If someone truly wants to abort, they will do so regardless of the legality.

Starred for this comment.
Support and guidance are essential, as long as they are non-judgemental.

Thanks for your reply

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join