It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion: What they don't tell you.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by IlluminatusOculus33
Abortion should be mandatory for anyone under 18. There is too many teenage parents walking around. The government should pay to end that problem.

These kids go on government assistance because of that. Better to pay once than for years.

A b#stard shall not enter into the congregation of the LORD; even to his tenth generation shall he not enter into the congregation of the LORD. -Deuteronomy 23:2 KJV

Illegitimate children are cut off from God.
edit on 6-9-2011 by IlluminatusOculus33 because: (no reason given)

I trust you are just kidding right??
I mean.......you aren't actually serious are you?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Because 99% of them know they killed a innocent unborn child, because they screwed up, their boyfriend, husband, etc etc..... And if any women did come out and say it was the best decision, they would be just lying through their teeth anyhow. There is so many cons and side effects to abortion, its worse then the allergy and drug commercials you see on tv.

Go read this website and see why the women are keeping quiet.
www.abortionfacts.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seektruthalways1
reply to post by Screwed

Because 99% of them know they killed a innocent unborn child, because they screwed up, their boyfriend, husband, etc etc..... And if any women did come out and say it was the best decision, they would be just lying through their teeth anyhow. There is so many cons and side effects to abortion, its worse then the allergy and drug commercials you see on tv.

Go read this website and see why the women are keeping quiet.
www.abortionfacts.com...

Oh yes I'm sure an anti-abortion site is good for information. -sarcasm-
edit on 6-9-2011 by IlluminatusOculus33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
I know you have all heard the stories by people who have had abortions and regretted it for the rest of their lives. I want to know where are all of the stories from people who have had abortions and are happy with their decision? Where are the commercials? Where are the women getting up to the podium at a local highschool and telling the kids about the greatest decision they ever made?

Seems a bit one sided if you ask me.

I am happy with my decision.

I would do it again under the same circumstance.

Even if I regretted my decision - - it was MY decision. I would have been very pissed off if I was not allowed to make that decision for myself.

Is that what you want to hear?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Even if I regretted my decision - - it was MY decision. I would have been very pissed off if I was not allowed to make that decision for myself.

Spoken like a true feminist. I bet you are unmarried and still single in your 30's. You must have no soul to not care about killing innocent ones.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by MRSeuphoric1
reply to post by Screwed

What a good point!!! (even though its sure to bring in some trolls)

I feel that we should remember what the OP has pointed out and remind ourselves that judging people aside, we can never really know someone else's situation and as a woman, I know that no woman makes that decision lightly.

While we all may not feel the same about the Abortion topic, the FACT is it does have a positive impact. For so many reasons.

I won't debate anyone on Prochoice/prolife issues or how I feel about a man having a opinion on what I do with MY body. And while I wont go into details I can say that Yes the option does make a positive difference in the world and can save lives too.

As a society that's quick to dismiss our youth, not protect them, even hurt them at times, It is a RESPONSIBLE choice to know that (of sound mind) you are making the right decision and have the option to NOT to bring a child into this world.

edit on 6-9-2011 by MRSeuphoric1 because: (no reason given)

Just remember, your body has another "body" in their. You are caring for 2, not 1. So your making a decison for somone who has no say in anything. And who knows if that baby was the next Chuck Norris, or Albert Einstein, or Muhammad. You have no right to choose whether they live or die, you bring them up to be born and take care of them, it was your choice to get pregnant and thats it.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Spoken like a true feminist. I bet you are unmarried and still single in your 30's. You must have no soul to not care about killing innocent ones.

I was still married to my first husband - - although we were in the beginning of a divorce. We got together one night and due to being emotional upset I threw up my birth control pill.

We had two beautiful daughters. I did not feel it was right to bring another child into these circumstances.

YOUR belief is YOUR belief. It is not mine - - and you will not impose it on me.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

I was still married to my first husband - - although we were in the beginning of a divorce. We got together one night and due to being emotional upset I threw up my birth control pill.

We had two beautiful daughters. I did not feel it was right to bring another child into these circumstances.

YOUR belief is YOUR belief. It is not mine - - and you will not impose it on me.

He should have been using a condom in addition to your birth control if you wanted to avoid getting pregnant.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   

He should have been using a condom in addition to your birth control if you wanted to avoid getting pregnant.

After 12 years of marriage in an emotional state - - a husband is going to put on a condemn.

We should all be as saintly and perfect as you I suppose.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I never said I was saintly but it's wise to take extra precaution if you want to avoid having kids.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Just remember, your body has another "body" in their. You are caring for 2, not 1. So your making a decison for somone who has no say in anything. And who knows if that baby was the next Chuck Norris, or Albert Einstein, or Muhammad. You have no right to choose whether they live or die, you bring them up to be born and take care of them, it was your choice to get pregnant and thats it.

You don't have the right to decide who lives and who dies either, especially the right upon the life growing in someone else's body. You can only decide about your own body and life.

If the mother doesn't have that right, who are you to think that YOU have it?
edit on 6-9-2011 by WhiteHat because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Seektruthalways1

Because 99% of them know they killed a innocent unborn child, because they screwed up, their boyfriend, husband, etc etc..... And if any women did come out and say it was the best decision, they would be just lying through their teeth anyhow. There is so many cons and side effects to abortion

Even though this thread was successfully derailed into (of course) a prolife/prochoice debate I am going against what I said I would not do just to tell you that you,respectfully, are what makes me sad for the human race.

So save your "Baby Killer Rant" for some other thread cause its not the 60's any more and a well informed, of sound mind decision like a WOMAN making the decision to abort will get my 100 percent support BECAUSE U CANT WALK A MILE IN OTHER PEOPLES SHOES SO YOU CANT KNOW BEST FOR THEM.

You spout your religous agenda, touted as facts and statistics, while sitting on your high horse thinking you know it all.
You know NOTHING about making a descision based solely on the welfare of a person whom you have never met, like a woman does when considering abortion.

You can preach your conception time is a "human being" theory BUT SCIENCE HAS SAYS OTHERWISE, and even if someone (like me) personally feels that at 5 weeks the PEA SIZED EMBRYO has a "soul" then that makes the descision all the more important becuase only a selfish iggnorant person would bring a child into thier world when they knew they were going to do more good than harm. I.E., women not yet fit to be parents for whatever reason.

It is NEVER taken lightly
Not even by "whores" as someone else stated.

To the OP, you opened up a can of worms but at least some of us get the chance to on topic say: YES, there are positive results to abortion and I am sure, as a woman, most are made on the thought of well being for the unborn child you have never met. That is being responsible.

edit on 6-9-2011 by MRSeuphoric1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
You know what is an effective form of birth control? Homosexuality. Two dudes can't get each other pregnant nor can two women get each other pregnant.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Honestly the whole problem stems from upbringing and outside influence. How come women and men cant keep their pants on until they are ready to have children? This is really the issue, there is probably women out their that stand to their decision of killing their unborn child, but why did they have to make that choice? Its like someone made a mistake and wanted to hit the 'erase button' or 'go back' button, so they can make it all better. Well, choices lead to mistakes, and well you have to live with them.

If the parents were doing their job and teaching their children to wait till marriage, and the media and every other perverted thing wasnt telling young people,unmarried, or unready people to have sex just cause it 'feels good' or your worth it, or whatever other lame excuse they got, then abortion wouldnt be an issue. Abortion is an issue more and more because people are sex crazed because of all the temptation around. If their was more patience left in this world, it would be worth living in. Everyone just wants what they want, right now faster quicker hurry hurry hurry, self pleasure is motivation, and nobody wants to care for others. And the ones who should be caring for others, im talking to is the Pregnant mothers! Just seriously admit it, yes you killed/murdered your baby, just get it out, and accept it that you made a huge mistake and ask for forgiveness. We all screw up, but dont ever say it was a good choice to abort (kill, murder) your unborn child.

edit on 6-9-2011 by Seektruthalways1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

I want to know where are all of the stories from people who have had abortions and are happy with their decision?

Hell yes.

Best thing my partner and I did. Health and financial issues and other things as well. It was entirely her decision as well, but I supported her 100 percent.

I'm not going to go into details, but for us, it was the right decision.

For others, it's not, and that's their prerogative.
edit on 6-9-2011 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

We all screw up, but dont ever say it was a good choice to abort ... your unborn child.

For us it was.

For others it isn't.

Isn't it a crazy world where not everyone thinks like you?!

You should be pleased that there will be one less atheist for you to contend with

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
So far there have been only three people who have actually stuck to the topic I was trying to raise and to them I would like to say thank you.

Thank you for your courage and strength.
What you may or may not realize is that, by you having the ability to come out and say "the unthinkable"
namely, "I did it and I am glad I did it, I don't regret it, and I would do it again" you are giving balance to the issue where there was none.

They don't tell you these things in school.
They don't tell you these things on commercials.
It isn't on billboards or bumper stickers.

Like most other topics, we are only hearing HALF of the story.
I wandered if there was another half to be told and apparently.......THERE IS!!!!!
Who'd of thunk?

You learn something new everyday.

To the mental midgets who want to have a pro/anti debate.......what part of your dense brain is having a hard time understanding that this thread isn't about pro or anti anything?????
You people can seriously NOT be that stupid can you???
I asked a question and amazingly enough the question had NOTHING to do with your views on the morality or legality of abortion.
edit on 6-9-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

I know a girl that has had to have 2 (both very early , within 5 weeks and just using a pill) and she doesn't regret it. She was in college and children would have ruined her life. She was on birth control both times she became pregnant and it failed. She still doesn't have kids and doesn't want them.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

So far there have been only three people who have actually stuck to the topic I was trying to raise and to them I would like to say thank you.

Thank you for your courage and strength.
What you may or may not realize is that, by you having the ability to come out and say "the unthinkable"
namely, "I did it and I am glad I did it, I don't regret it, and I would do it again" you are giving balance to the issue where there was none.

They don't tell you these things in school.
They don't tell you these things on commercials.
It isn't on billboards or bumper stickers.

Like most other topics, we are only hearing HALF of the story.

I wandered if there was another half to be told and apparently.......THERE IS!!!!!
Who'd of thunk?

You learn something new everyday.

To the mental midgets who want to have a pro/anti debate.......what part of your dense brain is having a hard time understanding that this thread isn't about pro or anti anything?????
You people can seriously NOT be that stupid can you???
I asked a question and amazingly enough the question had NOTHING to do with your views on the morality or legality of abortion.
edit on 6-9-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

If you're surprised that this thread turned into a pro/con abortion debate, I'm surprised that you're surprised, knowing what polarizing topic it is. I'm only being honest.
I can tell you from personal experience that it is an intensely intimate decision, and one that isn't entered into lightly in nearly all cases, however the pregnancy happened. Simplistic judgement shouldn't be passed, especially by those who spout knee-jerk, holier-than-thou rhetoric. The decision never leaves you, and although it may have been the "best" ( for lack of a more appropriate word ) option at the time, it does affect your life forever afterward. To label a woman a baby-killer or whore is a narrowminded and totallly incompassionate response. Those of us who have made the decision all deal with it, and have become a different person for having gone through it. Without getting into personal details, I hope this has been an answer to your question.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join