It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion: What they don't tell you.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
First I would like to thank those of you who have "supported" me in writing this post. This was a hard decision whether to post or not. The op asked for stories and I am willing to share. If you don't want to share yours then don't. Whenever a commercial comes on for abortion, it's the negative side. Any billboard talking about it is the negative side. I am the only one I know that has actually had an abortion. The op just wants others to know that its not always a bad decision. Yes it totally depends on why you did it I'm sure. I have to say I have never seen any advertisements for it, and I think that's his point.

OP, I am glad you posted this thread.
edit on 6-9-2011 by IPILYA because: wording

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Boy did you hit the nail on the head!!... - ...But, apparently it isn't possible due to the overinsugence [sic] of mental midgets out there who do things like compare an abortion to a minor gall bladder surgery

Obviously you must not have really thought about what i was saying. Instead of refering to me as a "mental midget", you maybe should have reflected more on want i see as a morbid curiousity of others private surgical procedures, hence my somewhat mocking tone in my own surgical procedures. i kinda thought you would've understood that was the point i was trying to make (obviously i failed, or you purposely didn't understand the point).

Asking for stories from women about something as intimate and painful as abortion i seen this (perhaps mistakenly) as nothing more than you "trolling" (just to stir up debate and diatribe) as abortion is seldomly discussed publically without creating much ado. Or perhaps it's a voyeuristic tendency.
i could be wrong on both of those ideas.

i guess i didn't understand your "angle". Come on, think about it, a man on a conspiracy site asking for women's stories about their very private, painful and intimate surgical experiences? What would your purpose be?
You said you've never heard the positive... You said, "Where are the women getting up to the podium at a local highschool and telling the kids about the greatest decision they ever made?"
Telling the kids about the greatest decision???? Yeah go ahead call me the "troll".

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by IlluminatusOculus33
post removed by staff

What a profoundly ignorant thing to say.
What in the hell has happened to ATS???
try and have a serious discussion about a serious issue
and this is what happens?

I'm done, thread closed.
edit on Tue Sep 6 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I can't imagine there being any good stories of brutally murdering babies.

I think that is the definition of an oxymoron.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by IPILYA

BTW, thank you for your story and for being so candid.
Yours is a story I was wandering about and one that people don't hear too often.
There are others out there so, you aren't alone.
I would just be nice to hear from them as much as we hear from the other side.

It doesn't really matter to me what side of the fence you come down on, just as long as we are getting BOTH sides of the story.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helious
Are you kidding me? I am still a little in shock at reading your post. Every women you have known who has had an abortion is very happy about it?

Maybe you should have read my post more carefully.
I said that every woman I know who had an abortion was happy they made that decision. That's what the OP asked for. I can't imagine anyone being happy about an actual abortion. Those are YOUR words, not mine.

There are plenty of good stories about abortion? Really? In cases of extremes involving rape, incest or other such things, perhaps......

What? You think a story about rape and incest is a "good story"??? (See what I did there? I turned your words around just like you did mine... Sucks, huh?)

l I am horrified at the words you have used and picture you have painted somehow trying to glamorize such a traumatic process.

Their YOUR words and YOU formed the picture in your mind, not me. It's all in your head, so be horrified at yourself. I have no intention of glamorizing abortion.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by TripleDoubleSingle
My mother had me at the age of 16.. It was a massive decision to keep me, she doesn't regret it.. but my selflessness regrets it for her. I cant help thinking that if i were never born.. she would had her opportunity to live out her teens and have lots of fun go to university and so on.. instead she inured money struggles, no free time, stress, no support from the father (he didn't have time for us) (now i don't have time for him)
My birth feels as if i have ruined 1/4 of her life, even tho she tells me I am the best thing that has ever happened.
This is quite a big dilemma in my life
I wish some days i were never born

Now listen here buddy.....I had my daughter at 17.

I had brains, beauty and innocent determination back then too.

She is going on 12 this year and I wouldn't dream of going back to 17 and doing anything differently.

She has blessed me with enduring love, patience and pride. Without my daughter I could have denied my inner creativity and worldview and had a c-a-r-e-e-r. I could also have become a crack head. I kinda like the wierd hippy Mom with the best homemade everything lifestyle much better. Less stress...

She has helped me to keep my head on straight all these years and I just love her so much!

Funnily enough, all the friends I had who were too busy partying to keep me on as a friend, all those whom I had to say "Sorry, I don't have a babysitter" or who were too damn busy to help out a single Mom of 17 now have their own kids, their own bills, divorces and not much of a c-a-r-e-e-r (I hate that word!) in the end. Me, I'm thirty, I got one gorgeous, smart, healthy, kind, polite, happy kid and I still have my brains and beauty.

My point....I have only gained through the experience. I lost nothing. I even feel like a winner. I'm sure your Mom feels the same way....so I'll hear none of that "I feel so guilty my Mom wasted her life" nonsense.

That is all.
MG.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Abortion should be mandatory for anyone under 18. There is too many teenage parents walking around. The government should pay to end that problem.

These kids go on government assistance because of that. Better to pay once than for years.

A b#stard shall not enter into the congregation of the LORD; even to his tenth generation shall he not enter into the congregation of the LORD. -Deuteronomy 23:2 KJV

Illegitimate children are cut off from God.
edit on 6-9-2011 by IlluminatusOculus33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Abortion is serious subject in every single aspect no matter how you sugar coat it. Sure there are women who are happy they did but nobody really knows what goes in their minds every single day. Wether it be looking at the could have been "birthdate" of the kid or simply looking at little things like baby clothes. The truth is that I could sit here and listen to all these stories about women being happy or sad for that matter but ultimately it's between them and God (if they believe in a higher being). I for once, would never get one nor have i gotten one. Sex education needs taught to these kids who go around having unprotected sex. I knew a girl who had abortions like it was no big deal. She slept with different men. Not only was she destroying her body but i could tell that emotionally she was falling apart too. Now, she can't have kids anymore. If you're not ready to have children, get on birth control or keep your legs closed. There's so many options that are offered in health clinics to prevent pregnancy. If you can't follow those two things, go buy a vibrator. You'd be happy you did it in the long run. And yes im only talking about women that have unprotected, irresponsible sex. NOT victims of unfortunate events such as rape, incest, etc.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackmetalmist
Abortion is serious subject in every single aspect no matter how you sugar coat it. Sure there are women who are happy they did but nobody really knows what goes in their minds every single day. Wether it be looking at the could have been "birthdate" of the kid or simply looking at little things like baby clothes. The truth is that I could sit here and listen to all these stories about women being happy or sad for that matter but ultimately it's between them and God (if they believe in a higher being). I for once, would never get one nor have i gotten one. Sex education needs taught to these kids who go around having unprotected sex. I knew a girl who had abortions like it was no big deal. She slept with different men. Not only was she destroying her body but i could tell that emotionally she was falling apart too. Now, she can't have kids anymore. If you're not ready to have children, get on birth control or keep your legs closed. There's so many options that are offered in health clinics to prevent pregnancy. If you can't follow those two things, go buy a vibrator. You'd be happy you did it in the long run. And yes im only talking about women that have unprotected, irresponsible sex. NOT victims of unfortunate events such as rape, incest, etc.

The Bible teaches sex outside of marriage is a SIN. God will send them to Hell for fornication.

Hebrews 13:4 Marriage is honorable among all, and the bed undefiled; but Fornicators and Adulterers God will judge.

Hate to break it too you but you're going to be disappointed on Judgment Day when God throws you into Hell because you are spreading a false Gospel. God doesn't give a person a get out of Hell free card. You have to repent and stop sinning see John 5:14

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Abortion is a very personal issue, is not a happy issue, why will any women will go public to talk about their experiences is beyond me, but I can tell you that if you pay the right amount of money for propaganda even the pigs will sing.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I also find it interesting that the OP is dressed up in military fatigues and kills people for a living (if he is in the military) and is against abortion. Contradiction much?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackmetalmist

The Bible teaches sex outside of marriage is a SIN. God will send them to Hell for fornication.

Hebrews 13:4 Marriage is honorable among all, and the bed undefiled; but Fornicators and Adulterers God will judge.

Hate to break it too you but you're going to be disappointed on Judgment Day when God throws you into Hell because you are spreading a false Gospel. God doesn't give a person a get out of Hell free card. You have to repent and stop sinning see John 5:14

That's very nice and all but i'm not living in a bubble. Look at the statistics and the REALITY. How double standard you are, saying "Abortion should be mandatory for anyone under 18.

Thou shall not kill

Ring a bell ? You're encouraging ending a person's life. How will your God forgive you for spreading that ?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by blackmetalmist

Happy is the one who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks. -Psalm 137:9

God wasn't against abortion.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Happy is the one who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks. -Psalm 137:9

God wasn't against abortion.

Sounds like your god needs to figure a few things out then....

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

At least I don't advocate that women should act like whores.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

At least I don't advocate that women should act like whores.

Lol, no that's their choice. Take it or leave it. As long as I don't, I'm good with the world

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
There you go.
I grew up with a violent, drunkard father, always running and hiding from him; I hardly remember my mother without tears or black marks on her face. My childhood was a nightmare of fear, poverty and violence. In the end, she had to totally collapse and be hospitalized at a psychiatric hospital before deciding to leave him; I was 12 at that time.
I remember always wishing myself to never being born; at the age of 19 I was so depressed that I had two suicide attempts. Up until today I have to remember myself sometimes that life is worth living, otherwise I'm slipping back into that black hole. This kind of scars never heal completely.

I had two abortions before my first born; I wasn't sure I can offer them a decent life, and for nothing in the world I would allow another kid to go trough what I've been through as a child.
I'm not 'happy' about my decision, but I stand by it, then and today. My 2 kids today are normal and happy to be alive, miles away from that place and that kind of life. Whatever 'punishment' is there for me, in this life or in the afterlife, I would always prefer that rather than growing another traumatized child.

Is that satisfying enough for your righteous soul?

You, sir, should never judge another person unless you have walked at least a mile in his shoes. You know nothing about hard decisions.
edit on 6-9-2011 by WhiteHat because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteHat

Excellent post! Bravo!

People are all too quick to try to control others, but don't want to have anything to do with the consequences of that control.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

I also find it interesting that the OP is dressed up in military fatigues and kills people for a living (if he is in the military) and is against abortion. Contradiction much?

Can you point me to where I said I was against aborion please?
Thanks in advance.
Also, could you please point me to where I said that was ME in the picture?
Thanks in advance.
Oh, and one more thing,
if indeed you CAN show me where I said that was me in the pic,
can you please show me where I said I KILL people for a living?
Thanks in advance.
I love peoples ignorance sometimes.
Sometimes it is a welcome relief from the stresses of the day.
It puts a smile on my face

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join