It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multiple Alert Feature

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
In the ongoing war against the massive troll armies, weaponry and tactics must evolve to meet an ever changing battlefield. No longer can we sit idly by and pick out a single troll attack, while letting the remaining horde pass by. It is time for a new weapon:

The Multiple Alert Feature

Send out a beacon of distress that will not be drowned out by the droves of mutants. Smite them all at once, by using the shopping cart of the gods. The alert feature should hold all alerts as pending until the wrathful submit button is selected.

In all seriousness, a shopping cart style method for reporting would seem easy and cheap to implement. Click the complaints and have them go to a cart for that thread. Each thread is separated, unless you are reporting someone across mutiple threads. That might come later, because it is definately time to do something!

Thanks for your time.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9c313309940f.jpg[/atsimg]

I think OP is onto something here. When two members start going at it this could be very useful. Or when there are page after page of troll posts. Gotta give the mods a hand.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by sbctinfantry

A shopping cart for alerts?

That is the wackiest suggestion I have seen in a very long time. (Please, I mean no disrespect. I just find that very funny.) What threads do you frequent where you find that really necessary?

ETA:

I think the real solution is just more MODs. They seem pretty light lately.
edit on 6-9-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
The Taser feature is not working! I keep pushing the button but they keep posting!

I think the "Alert" is working just fine!

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I don't heed the 'Don't feed the trolls' argument....

...I feed them rat bait

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
op can you please elaborate a little more? I just dont underdtand like to report a member more than once kinda thing?j

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I'm sure any member who's been around awhile has seen another member attempt to repeatedly derail a thread, or two members or more working to derail a thread. Some common tactics might be ignoring the original subject and actively discussing what is off-topic. Sometimes reporting the single post doesn't convey the correct picture. Sometimes the same person is derailing multiple threads at the same time. In this case, the ability to report all of those OT posts, TOC violations and the like means that one moderator views them all at once and can get a better picture.

I just envision a shopping cart style system, but I'm not techie and really don't know how to implement it. I've asked around and it seems easy from those in the know.

Hope that helps, maybe the theme of the OP made it hard to understand. I thought it would be funny to present it that way, I admit I was wrong.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
If one needs to report multiple alerts [for example, multiple T&C violations on one thread] just use the COMPLAINT FORM and give a detailed description of what all you are alerting.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
If one needs to report multiple alerts [for example, multiple T&C violations on one thread] just use the COMPLAINT FORM and give a detailed description of what all you are alerting.

So even if there is a better way to do it, that makes your job easier and "ALERT"s more efficient, cleaning up the boards you're charged with moderating, you would rather not change?

OK

It's your house, do what you want with it.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Also note, when a complaint comes in, staff will review the specific complaint and then usually goes through the rest of the thread, often leaving a "mod note / warning" if needed.

When one person sends in multiple complaints, many times several staff members get involved and it actually creates a little chaos for a min or two.

Once a complaint on a member has been received, depending on the severity of that complaint, staff will also take a quick peek at the offending members posting history and check to see if further action is needed.

The plan in place works.

It never hurts to keep thinking and suggesting though.

Happy ATSing.

new topics

top topics

join