It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teenage Ally Helps Soldiers in Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Sorry if this has been posted before I couldnt find it in a search, I can never get the search to work for me.

A 15-year-old Iraqi boy has becoming one of the US newest allies in the fight with Iraqie insurgents.Soldiers of the 3rd Armored Cavalry were attacked up to ten times a day and the locals were unable to provide enough good intelligence to stop the attacks. After months of getting mostly dead-end intelligence, an unlikely informer showed up at their base to volunteer his help.

What the boy had was information on a well-connected cell of 40 fighters whose leader was a former officer in Saddam Hussein's (search) army. He was also the boy's father.

The Americans hid the boy in an armored Humvee and checked out his report of a weapons stockpile in his backyard.

They found explosives, rocket propelled grenades and a complete weapons system they hadn't seen before. The father and another man were arrested

The soldiers say they owe a drop in the number of attacks and their lives to an Iraqi teenager nicknamed Steve-O. Steve-O led them to the insurgents and helped turn the tide of the war in this part of Iraq.

Steve-Os mother was killed soon after these event by the insurgents for his actions in helping the Americans.

I wanted to know what people thought was this boys reason for turning in his own father? Also it seems that Steve-O has no where to go home too and his life would no doubt be in danger if he did. So do you think he should be allowed to come to the United States to Live?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 01:36 AM
link   
For some reason this story has a weird sense of Deja Vu for me...

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 01:57 AM
link   
you're right, he doesn't have anywhere to go, and that's exactly why the soldiers he's been living with are trying to get him residence, or a family to take him in, here in the U.S. i think he turned in his own father because he realized his father was part of the problem, not the solution to the chaos in iraq; that his father actually was one of the bad guys.

who

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Well put astroblade, I think the boy should be allowed to come here. He earned the right. He showed our guys technology we didnt know they had and saved lives. That makes him as good a candidate to be american as any.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   
That boy is a shmuck

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 09:41 PM
link   
So are the Russian Mafia, at least he did something courageous and put his life on the line so more people wouldn't be killed. He should definitely be allowed to live in America.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 09:49 PM
link   
IF the boy is on the Up and UP and is giving aid and information to our soldiers...WHY should he NOT be rewarded with coming here if that is what he would want!! Heck...we let criminal illegals in here all the time. Why not let someone in who has earned the right?

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 10:01 PM
link   
wow hold the damn phone! just why is he a shmuck Aelita?! if you're being serious then you better provide an explanation and if you're saying that in jest then that is really inappropriate.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Aha. Aelita here.

1) Ratting on your parents is a big deal. When you are 15, I doubt you can see for real that "your dad is a problem". I also suspect that the picture was less than angelic -- bet he got some hard cold cash for pointing to the stash of ammo. The rest is history.

2) Sure, let him into this country. Wait a few years and you'll find him working for Al Qaeda. Why not? He betrayed his father for god's sake. His mother was killed, and he apparently was dumb enough to not see the consequence of his "heroism" coming.

By the way I'm totally sympathetic with the US soldiers. I wish they didn't have to risk their lives in this "crusade".

[edit on 23-8-2004 by Aelita]

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 10:23 PM
link   
oh good god...apparently you don't know the whole story. the kid has been working with the soldiers for about 5 months now. after he ratted on his dad he worked "undercover" to lead soldiers to insurgents, ammo stockpiles, etc. he also provided information that saved the soldiers he lived with from ambushes several times. perhaps you think this story appeared only once but i've been following stories on him for about 2 months now. apparently you give 15 year olds less credit then they deserve. i was 15 not to long ago and i'm pretty sure i could tell if my father was on the bad side even that young if he was. and that picture...he wasn't paid cash for it. quite simply, you lost your bet.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIXI wanted to know what people thought was this boys reason for turning in his own father? Also it seems that Steve-O has no where to go home too and his life would no doubt be in danger if he did. So do you think he should be allowed to come to the United States to Live?

A sense of justice and morals perhaps? And yes, I do believe he should be granted American citizenship. He fought for what he believed was right and lost his parents due to Bush's "crusade." His very life is at risk now.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 01:18 AM
link   
This boy is no schmuk. The one who called him a schmuk is guilty of projection and exposes his disingenuousness. This is one courageous kid who deserves every break he can get.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Too bad there aren't more Steve-o's over there in Iraq. But I think this should be a small example of the potential for change in the Middle East.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 05:17 AM
link   
He betrayed his father, leading to the death of his mother, yes, I think that is a enough of a background to become a US citizen...

new topics

top topics

join