It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fans Scram on Pearl Jam

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2003 @ 02:57 PM
link   
"Dozens of fans walked out of a Pearl Jam concert after lead singer Eddie Vedder took a mask of President Bush and impaled it on a microphone stand."

"Several concertgoers booed and shouted Tuesday night for Vedder to shut up as he told the crowd he was against the war and Bush. He impaled the mask during the encore of the band's opening show of a U.S. tour."

During the show, Vedder said: "Just to clarify... we support the troops."

entertainment.msn.com...

Another band against the war using their stage to say so, but I was glad to hear them say they support the troops.

*It's not a big deal, I was more interested in knowing if there are any Pearl Jam fans on here. I really liked them alot when they first came out, but I think their music has declined significantly. I liked "Ten" and "vs.", and I thought "Vitalogy" was mediocre but since then they haven't done anything that good in my opinion. What do you all think of Pearl Jam?????

posted on Apr, 4 2003 @ 03:24 PM
link   
It doesn't suprise me that Eddie Vedder did that. He's been a muscian/activist since the begining. I am a fan of their music. Especially their early stuff.

posted on Apr, 4 2003 @ 03:34 PM
link   
If you think that's something though...wait till you see all of the empty seats at the next Dixie Chicks concert...

posted on Apr, 4 2003 @ 03:37 PM
link   
You would have thought that after The Dixie Chicks,musicians would be a little more careful about what they say and do.I also don't think people go to most concerts to hear political views from artists,they go for the music.
I'm with PA,I like their old stuff.........

posted on Apr, 4 2003 @ 03:57 PM
link   
It sucks when you protest something and everyone labels you a liberal. I've been more of a Libertarian/Republican, but when I research the why's of what is taking place, I think twice about what I have believed. People see you as anti-American/anti-military when you protest the war, not as a citizen with a right to free speech and a reason. I too was thinking how could these people protest the war? What idiots. Why don't THEY have an alternative that makes sense? All they say is no war and Bush is a dictator! When asked why we shouldn't go to war, I never heard anyone mention Bush and his ties to illuminati and the Carlye Group. Of coarse if someone did say that they would edit them out. No, they would just show the interviews with the people who haven't got a brain. I remember watching O'Reilly and they showed a clip where this guy intervied several protestors and not one of them made any sense or had an answer. THAT is the message that mainstream America is hearing for the protesters! It's sad.

posted on Apr, 4 2003 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I loved their earlier stuff as well. Black and Yellow Ledbetter are two of my favorite songs. But, I go to concerts to drink more beer than I should and hear a group play music. They can say what ever they want, for or against whatever, but once they say more than their lyrics I might not be inclined to attend their event.

If they want to use their fame as their bully pulpit, fine. Just don�t complain when people stop buying their stuff. That too is �free speech�

posted on Apr, 4 2003 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Ehhh... thier music is marginal. I might take thier CD skeet shooting this weekend...

arc

posted on Apr, 4 2003 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Ten is one of my all time favourite albums but they went kinda downhill after that, apart from the odd couple of tracks. Perhaps it was more what was going on in my life that stays with me than Vedders politics. Porch, Garden and Immortality are their best songs in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 5 2003 @ 11:30 AM
link   
That's funny DR, I hope you're able to hit it!

I agree with Bob88, "Black" is my favorite tune.

posted on Apr, 5 2003 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I agree with you both- Black is an awesome song! I don't really understand it though? Oh well.. I liked Pearl Jam because I think they sounded great unplugged or live, and to me that says "something" about a group/singer nowadays..

top topics

join