It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New breast imaging hailed as a breakthrough??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I knew the world needed better scanners much to the chagrin of every aerial commuter out there, however the technology seems to have had some excellent benefits for the female anatomy diagnostic devices: Mammography

www.reuters.com...

Researchers for Israeli company Real Imaging believe they've developed a painless alternative, using infra-red imaging. Doctor Dhavid Izhaky is Real Imaging's vice president of research

Any painless exacting scan that can detect quicker and more accurately than existing tech is a leap

Anything that saves these wonderful gifts to mankind is Thumbs up in my book, my grams recently had a mastectomy and the most she could complain about was the archaic giant clamp scan device that had been her bane at every check up...no more cramped devices gramm!!
edit on 12/08/11 by LanternOfDiogenes because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Well i wonder if TSA is gonna get one of these at the airports
Not only they are gonna grope you they'll give mamograms too!! That is Obamacare at work in its finest by saving tax dollars by multitasking! Good find for the OP.

I realize that this article doesn't state anything about TSA, Obamacare nor tax dollars but found that it was the first thing that came to mind when I hear of anything that involves electronic screening. After my off the wall remarks, I digress..
edit on 6-9-2011 by agentblue because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by agentblue

Ha I made the leap myself and no the article states nothing of the sort, however, the technologies are related. and it is nice to see technologies that are considered oppressive put to a beneficial use, I know this is probably bitter tonic for those harassed everyday at terminals all over.. however, Illegitimi non carborundum "do not let the bastards get you down". keep smiling at something lest the dog collar start to feel comfortable.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
wow...this guy's job is to learn how to look through women's shirts. I bet he hates waking up and going to work in the morning...

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Anything that allows us to better view a breast is in my opinion a breakthrough.
How could you NOT want to look closer?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
Anything that allows us to better view a breast is in my opinion a breakthrough.
How could you NOT want to look closer?

obviously if you extend that logic, a 3D modelling scanner hooked up to one of those
3D printers would be better suited to the task

its something most men would want to come to grips on I am sure

meanwhile it is good news that ladies do not have to go through so much painful sessions anymore

add to the wish list gadget scans for:
cervical cancer
prostrate cancer
etc

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
What if breast-cancer is caused by women swallowing sperm...

Would that ruin your day?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by nakiel

Unfortunately, while not for a cause of brest cancer IT will give them throat cancer if you aren't a clean gent

www.physorg.com...

Sucks right

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by LanternOfDiogenes

Sorry, but when I read the tittle my first thought was "Oh! new xray vision!". Sadly, no.

Seriously though-I i wish cancers that plague men had this kind of advancement in technology and funding. We always seem to be left to die. Save the boobies! Ridiculous.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   

add to the wish list gadget scans for:
cervical cancer
prostrate cancer
etc

Seems that MRI's and new ultrasound equipment have been used for just those means.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by adraves

Sorry, but when I read the tittle my first thought was "Oh! new xray vision!". Sadly, no.

Seriously though-I i wish cancers that plague men had this kind of advancement in technology and funding. We always seem to be left to die. Save the boobies! Ridiculous.

investorshub.advfn.com...#

No one is being left to die in the streets
The above link isnt 16hrs old and shows promise for even faster acting therapies for prostate cancer.

Therapies targeting the androgen receptor (AR) axis have constituted the Holy Grail in the management of advanced prostate cancer for seven decades.

And Lastly one of our own posted this just days ago
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Seriously who doesn't want to save the Mamm's??

edit on 12/08/11 by LanternOfDiogenes because: One must finish sentence ;P

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by LanternOfDiogenes

Unfortunately, while not for a cause of brest cancer IT will give them throat cancer if you aren't a clean gent

www.physorg.com...

Sucks right

WHAT?!

ETA: oh just read the article. I thought it meant in general but I guess it meant if you have STD's.

Also, yay for painless mammograms!
edit on 9/6/2011 by NerdGoddess because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   

That was not the factor I was thinking about. (I'm serious!)

Semen contains a transforming growth factor which helps a female's immune system to accept her partners sperm. That's practical if one want to become pregnant... (source by google: Professor Gustaaf Dekker)

But... a mere unfortunately theory; in bovine milk - a somewhat similar grow factor exist, so a woman having a daily intake of cow-milk, and also often practice fellatio; there are chances of unbalancing in the process (having something to do with hepatocyte and liver-cells). And if she's also on "the pill" or is already pregnant with another partner - the factors gets more complicated...

I really have no reliable sources at all; my biochemist girlfriend was telling me about this - as one of her classmates master-degree project!!
edit on 6-9-2011 by nakiel because: type O

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Got to be better than having your devils dumplings trapped in a vice.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

That was not the factor I was thinking about. (I'm serious!)

Semen contains a transforming growth factor which helps a female's immune system to accept her partners sperm. That's practical if one want to become pregnant... (source by google: Professor Gustaaf Dekker)

But... a mere unfortunately theory; in bovine milk - a somewhat similar grow factor exist, so a woman having a daily intake of cow-milk, and also often practice fellatio; there are chances of unbalancing in the process (having something to do with hepatocyte and liver-cells). And if she's also on "the pill" or is already pregnant with another partner - the factors gets more complicated...

I really have no reliable sources at all; my biochemist girlfriend was telling me about this - as one of her classmates master-degree project!!
edit on 6-9-2011 by nakiel because: type O

Hm that is a bit disturbing, makes me wonder if we are not pre-disposing our children (female anyway) to cancer by that logic... I would be very interested in your Girls thesis and or data she has on the subject.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Those infrared scanners has been around for a while already, but the US as usual profit seeker still cater to breast squashing methods that has prove to be very dangerous to women and can spread already existing type of cancer if they get broken during examination

I hate the darn smashing.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
It is really senseless that after all the fund raising that is done for breast cancer, and cancer as a whole. That it still comes down to line items and over head, however you can not go a week without seeing a breakthrough in diagnosis, treatment or new medicinal treatments for cancer, the latest is Nano-Tech making a diagnostic debut
www.sciencedaily.com...

Sensors made from custom DNA molecules could be used to personalize cancer treatments and monitor the quality of stem cells, according to an international team of researchers led by scientists at UC Santa Barbara and the University of Rome Tor Vergata.

This international research effort -- organized by senior authors Kevin Plaxco, professor in UCSB's Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, and Francesco Ricci, professor at the University of Rome, Tor Vergata

The key breakthrough underlying this new technology came from studies of the natural biosensors inside cells. "All creatures, from bacteria to humans, monitor their environments using 'biomolecular switches' -- shape-changing molecules made from RNA or proteins,
Kevin Plaxco, professor in UCSB's Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry

This will be a boon in two fields and I for one hope drive down the cost of treatments as stem cell research becomes a greater tool for fighting cancer as well as other diseases and traumas

This link is just for stem cell fun and how it is being used for trauma and soon Emergency Techs like me wouldnt you like to have a "fast drying" version of this tool in the back of an Ambulance

www.physorg.com...

new topics

top topics

join