It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sweden rolls out invisible infrared tank

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain

I currently pay 33% tax, live in the US and that is not counting any form of tax other then taxes on my wages.

34% is income tax only. Then we have a 12% sales tax on food, 25% on everything else, which is added on top. as well as a bunch of other retarded taxes.

You certainly are dishing out monumental taxes.
The tank tech though is quite a breakthrough

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Given BAEs reach as (among other things) a supplier of Combat vehicles to many nations..

I wonder how many vehicles in their range they'll use this tech on.
www.baesystems.com...

and if this is what they are willing to openly say they have, what else are they (and similar businesses) developing.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Angelic Resurrection

In the great state of Lousiana in the US, state income tax maxes at 6%, federal income maxes at 33%, plus 5.5% for FICA. All together at the max that is 44.5% income tax. The state sales tax is 4%, parish sales tax is at 5.25%.

We don't have invisible tanks yet.

I'm not sure what the state does with our money though, we, as in Louisiana, look like a developing country.

edit on 6/9/11 by MikeboydUS because: i

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
I no longer find technology used to continually murder people "cool" or "neat."

It is worth knowing about, but it's not "neat." It's just worse and worse for the average Earthling. Yay! We can invent death a trillion trillion ways! Aren't we creative?!?!?!?!

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I can imagine who they are going to kill with this - me!

So happy with another technology advance...

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by HangTheTraitors

Yet the money to help US citizens whose families are starving and homeless due SOLELY to crooked Wall Street thugs and crooked politicians has dried up... YEA RIGHT!!!!!!!

No one in America is dying of famine... Stop complaining..!

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
OH great just what we need right now on this planet ,while we are all on the breadline trying to make ends meet ,another super weapon to kill each other with.

Lovely !!

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain
As a swede i am outraged that this is where my tax money is going. (we pay 34% tax over here fyi)

I can imagine if i was american, and this was an american invention/breaktrough though, i would be proud (judging from the mindset of most americans around here...)

The money wasted here could probably feed a whole african country for a month.

lololololol!!!

sorry, have to stop choking on my own spittle! lolololol!!

ok, lololololol!

that was great, we only give, nevermind, lol,

YOU'RE GOV IS TELLING YOU LIES!

sorry.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
A shame so much money is being put in developing war machines instead of making the world a better place.

Nontheless, as a coincidence i spoke with a collegue about the tanks becoming more and more obsolete.. Guess the Swedish just reversed the downfall..

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
So if there is a whole batallion of these tanks on the move, what hides the massive column of dust they usually tend to toss up behind them?
edit on 6-9-2011 by DerbyCityLights because: typos

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

34% is income tax only. Then we have a 12% sales tax on food, 25% on everything else, which is added on top. as well as a bunch of other retarded taxes.

Really? Damn what state do you live in? Sales tax here is 7%

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
It's a shame you guys allowed this thread to be derailed. So what if one Swede is unhappy about his taxes, he needs to talk to his government and not us geeks on this board. Bleh.

What interests me in this technology is where they pump the extra heat. Cooling tiles on the tank means the heat needs to go somewhere. Unless they have a giant canister of liquid nitrogen onboard (which they might).

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheMaverick
OH great just what we need right now on this planet ,while we are all on the breadline trying to make ends meet ,another super weapon to kill each other with.

Lovely !!

Got a problem complain on the streets. Complaining on a thread won't help matters.

Lovely!

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Very impressive, but won't it be detected as soon as it fires a shell?
Surely it's gotta kick up some dust while on the move, tracks, flattened landscape/ vegetation etc??

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Good point about the dust, but i don't think thats what they aimed for. I think they aimed for static use mainly..

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Oaktree

Dust will have ambient temperature and hence actually will help to camouflage (we are talking infrared here).

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Here we go, the said item in use.

Linky to video

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join