It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apollo Moon Landings a Hoax? Then Read This

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
In my opinion, there are three types of moon landing hoax believers, the ones who were alive at the time, the ones born later relying on evidence supplied by the first lot, and then there is the ones who want to believe it’s a hoax just to be part of the oh so secret conspiracy........I shake my head at all of them.

I had came here just now to see if anyone had posted the BBC news article on the new high res pics, which they have. I think they are astounding! But of course, the “believers” will just cry Photoshop, it’s sickening.
Why can’t they face facts? The moon landings happened! We will eventually go to Mars (humans), its called progress, back then it was just a little rushed so the Russians didn’t get there first.

I think the next time man goes to the moon it will be to build a base, and I think it will be caves, not futuristic domes. I seen a documentary on this, apparently It will be cheaper and easy to do it this way.
But at the end of the day, man has set foot on the moon, suck it up.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
here are some high res pics of the luner landers recently released

blogs.discovermagazine.com... gn=Feed:+DiscoverSpace+(Discover+Space)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
With all do respect, i understand your perspective but disagree. Just because you lived through something doesn't mean you are the ultimate source of information for that event. If you really wanted to be objective, you could have said something like: I can understand why some would disbelieve, but from my perspective it was absolutely real. Right off the bat you lost me because you came off as close minded. And I'm sorry, but as great as dear old dad and his buddies were, there is much controversial evidence that stands contrary to your opinion. What i think(not that you would care) is that we did go to moon, but the televised broadcast was a hoax.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
you havnt seen the leaked vids thenhave you... a few are out there proving they hoaxed it and you can hear see and listen to everything there saying

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
NASA has lied, and continues to lie, about our trips to the moon. That is all there is to it. It doesn't have anything to do with whether or not there was real, legitimate work being done during the Apollo missions.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Just found this site that shows new, high resolution (or at least the highest we have so far) pictures of foot tracks / rover tracks on the surface of the moon.

I suppose these are a hoax as well...

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Or this www.heraldsun.com.au...

I still think we should go back, nothing like getting to the moon to lift morale of a country in need.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Just contributing something i was reading before, i don't have much knowledge on moon landings but thought this was relevant

Source: www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ddaniel
Just found this site that shows new, high resolution (or at least the highest we have so far) pictures of foot tracks / rover tracks on the surface of the moon.

To be honest that picture isnt going to convince anyone in the hoax camp my friend. Personally I do not believe man landed on the moon. My reason?...... Just on the basis that the last time man apparently landed on the moon was 1972 and i cannot understand why we wouldnt have been back since.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Off topic but confirming why I believe the ATS management must require a "recap" mid-way through a homepage posted thread... no one reads the entire thread anymore as demonstrated by the amount of folks posting info about the new hi-res pics. Yes we know. We've seen them already as they were posted earlier in this thread!

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
To the OP... Nice post. You are lucky in that you find true value in the accomplishments we have made, and cherish the things you have learned, and will no doubt, try to pass on. As you can see by the very first reply you got... Nothing you do or say will ever change the minds of the people that believe this stuff. Most of them just seem to be very angry, narcissistic people, that for whatever reason... just want to discredit everything. Jealousy, ego, paranoia... Whatever it is, I actually feel sorry for them. They're truly missing out on something great. The loss is theirs.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

They look photoshopped to me.

NASA will have to do much better.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
You sound to me like you don't know what you are talking about. Prove that you do.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11I11

To be honest that picture isnt going to convince anyone in the hoax camp my friend. Personally I do not believe man landed on the moon. My reason?...... Just on the basis that the last time man apparently landed on the moon was 1972 and i cannot understand why we wouldnt have been back since.
I went to the barber a month ago. I have not been back since. Did I go to the barber?

You argument is invalid.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by cointelprotroll

Just because you lived through something doesn't mean you are the ultimate source of information for that event.

Did I say it meant that-- or does it just help dismiss the clear meaning by claiming that was my intent?

That I lived through an experience does, in fact, make me an authority on the experience.

That my experience has relation to the event, then, is "perspective" and it is perspective that many hoax-believers seem to lack but, unlike experience, can gain from another. And that was my intent.

- The astronauts are lying! (emotion)
+ Here's a picture. (evidence)
- The picture is Photoshopped! (opinion)
+ Here are some moon rocks (evidence)
- They were taken from a probe! (speculation)
+Then how did we get them to earth? (logic)
- Well, I don't even know that they are from the moon! (change of tactic)
+ Every scientist who examined them says that they are. (scholarly opinion)
- The scientists are in on the conspiracy! (desperation, which takes us back to the first step)

It never ends, because the hoax-believers, too often, have no perspective and do not seek one. It is a moving target. But not subject to the whims of conspiracy theorists are the thousands who worked on the project and the tens of thousands impacted by their work (family, friends, etc.).

So it jumps from 3 astronauts making it up, to a few dozen in on it, to thousands of contractors, to tens or hundreds of thousands of family members, neighbors and freinds, to the Russians and most everyone born in my era, and then pretty much everyone on the planet is part of the "conspiracy."

And for what?

For the ability to deny being "gullible?"

Reason is seductive-- let it seduce.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Originally posted by patternfinder
they use the familiar tactics of insinuation where they show you a pic that isn't quite discernible, then they show you a clear pic of the items from the old pics..

But in the old pics, the items are in exactly the same orientation and location as the objects in the new pics.
You dont have to trust me. Check it for yourself.
Take any of the Apollo missions, make a map of the objects on the ground according to the 1960's photos, then see for yourself that it matches the same as todays LROC pictures.

i can do that with MY photoshop....that's easy to do......

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I love how the conspiracy can fool/coerce almost everyone on Earth for forty years, including the people directly involved and all the scientists, but can't fool some random unlettered guy on the Internet who notes an "anomaly".

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frira

Originally posted by alfa1

they use the familiar tactics of insinuation where they show you a pic that isn't quite discernible, then they show you a clear pic of the items from the old pics..

But in the old pics, the items are in exactly the same orientation and location as the objects in the new pics.
You dont have to trust me. Check it for yourself.
Take any of the Apollo missions, make a map of the objects on the ground according to the 1960's photos, then see for yourself that it matches the same as todays LROC pictures.

i can do that with MY photoshop....that's easy to do......

Frira, looks like you're right!

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frira

Originally posted by cointelprotroll

Just because you lived through something doesn't mean you are the ultimate source of information for that event.

Did I say it meant that-- or does it just help dismiss the clear meaning by claiming that was my intent?

That I lived through an experience does, in fact, make me an authority on the experience.

That my experience has relation to the event, then, is "perspective" and it is perspective that many hoax-believers seem to lack but, unlike experience, can gain from another. And that was my intent.

- The astronauts are lying! (emotion)
+ Here are some moon rocks (evidence)
- They were taken from a probe! (speculation)
+Then how did we get them to earth? (logic)
- Well, I don't even know that they are from the moon! (change of tactic)
- The scientists are in on the conspiracy! (desperation, which takes us back to the first step)

It never ends, because the hoax-believers, too often, have no perspective and do not seek one. It is a moving target. But not subject to the whims of conspiracy theorists are the thousands who worked on the project and the tens of thousands impacted by their work (family, friends, etc.).

So it jumps from 3 astronauts making it up, to a few dozen in on it, to thousands of contractors, to tens or hundreds of thousands of family members, neighbors and freinds, to the Russians and most everyone born in my era, and then pretty much everyone on the planet is part of the "conspiracy."

And for what?

For the ability to deny being "gullible?"

Reason is seductive-- let it seduce.

how many of the scientists have been to the moon and collected samples?
how can they say expertly say that these are definitely from the moon?
where are they basing these theories from?
edit on 6-9-2011 by patternfinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by 000063

Originally posted by 11I11

I went to the barber a month ago. I have not been back since. Did I go to the barber?

You argument is invalid.

Judging by the length of you hair wouldnt it be a good time to go back and get it cut again? No wait, you cant can you.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join