It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apollo Moon Landings a Hoax? Then Read This

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by wildespace

That's actually not quite true. I used to believe in the hoax theory. I saw a website with convincing argument with photo anomalies etc. and believed it hook line and sinker. Then I started to study photography and revisted the website and noticed that it was all hogwash. I then read up on the other arguments and saw the hoax theory go down in flames.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Why would it be hard to fake a moon landing?

You have everybody build the moon lander and send it into space. After that, humanity is staring at computer monitors and televisions. All of that equipment is being fed a movie. That movie can come from anywhere.

The landings could be filmed in a studio, and many think they were considering the obvious weirdness about them. The astronauts inside the moon lander could have lied about being on the actual moon. Seriously, if you are on another planet, would you do the "one small step for mankind" thing? It was like in a movie. Not like a real person stepping on a new planet, not knowing what he will find. It was pre-scripted.

You can research this entire moon landing thing if you want to find out more, but its all very weird in retrospect.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
show me even a single studio big enough to film the landings in with 1/6th gravity and a vacuum and I'll consider the possibility that it was faked. But then again the special effects hardware during apollo wouldn't be good enough anyway. So add that.
Why indeed. THINK.
edit on 15/9/2012 by PsykoOps because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
show me even a single studio big enough to film the landings in with 1/6th gravity and a vacuum and I'll consider the possibility that it was faked. But then again the special effects hardware during apollo wouldn't be good enough anyway. So add that.
Why indeed. THINK.
edit on 15/9/2012 by PsykoOps because: (no reason given)

The United States had a lot of prestige on this one. I dont think finding a studio was a big problem.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Well I have never heard of a single studio ever that has 1/6th gravity. You know why? Cause anti-gravity tech isn't real. Also never heard of a studio with a vacuum either.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Well I have never heard of a single studio ever that has 1/6th gravity. You know why? Cause anti-gravity tech isn't real. Also never heard of a studio with a vacuum either.

And yet you asked for those things.

You are a curious guy.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Yes. In direct reply to this:

Originally posted by Bodhi911

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bodhi911

Because it was all filmed at 1/6 gravity in a vacuum, two things that even today aren't possible to recreate on earth for more than a few seconds at a time.

You have everybody build the moon lander and send it into space. After that, humanity is staring at computer monitors and televisions. All of that equipment is being fed a movie. That movie can come from anywhere.

So you suggest they built everything they needed to go to the moon, launched it to the moon and then fake the landing? Why?

Also, when you have a directional antenna pointed at the moon and you receive a signal, then the only place that signal can be coming from is the moon, so no, it can't come from anywhere

The landings could be filmed in a studio.

You've already been challenged to demonstrate the existence of a 1+ square mile studio that exists in a vacuum at 1/6 gravity, so I'll leave you to it

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Bodhi911

PsykoOps and captainpudding have hit the nail on the head. The video record shows behavior of dust, dangling straps & flags and casually-thrown objects that is consistent with vacuum and 1/6th gravity and cannot, CANNOT be reproduced by any sort of video trickery or special effects here on Earth.

People ask for "incontrovertable proof" that the Apollo missions were genuine. Well, it's right there in the footage, in plain sight. Each time an astronaut takes a casual step or shuffles around in the inches-thick regolith that is the consistency of cement powder, the dust spreads-out without billowing (which proves vacuum) and flys inches or even feet further than would be possible in 1G from such small foot movements.

Example 1MB

I'll say it again, definitively: This behavior is impossible to fake here on Earth. Not "difficult" (like building a moon rocket) or "achievable with a multi-billion dollar budget" (like building a moon rocket).

I mean IMPOSSIBLE.

I don't care about anyone's opinion of astronaut behavior at press conferences, or ignorant opinions about aerospace engineering, or gross misunderstandings about space radiation or incredulous declarations about 60's technology or even dismissive paranoia about government that "always lie".

The Apollo video footage shows men working in 1/6th G vacuum. This cannot be faked. Unless you can prove (and I mean prove) that the behavior of dust etc., as shown in the film & video record, can be replicated here on Earth, then the inescapable fact is that the footage is genuine.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Saint Exupery

Yes but then all they have to say is that the government has all kinds of secret technology they got from the aliens that we don't know about. They can't prove it, but that homeless guy on the bus that one day was very convincing. The moon hoax is their religion, you can't win a fact based argument with a religious person as their faith overrides all fact.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
1969 moon landing was terribly fake. Filmed on the same set as 2001: A space odyssey.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Cool story bro. Got any evidence for that? And no I don't consider bs. that has been posted a million times already and debunked to hell everytime evidence.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by waltdisney
1969 moon landing was terribly fake. Filmed on the same set as 2001: A space odyssey.

Then why is it when you compare 2001 footage to the moon landing, 2001 looks PAINFULLY fake?

jra

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saint Exupery
I don't care about anyone's opinion of astronaut behavior at press conferences, or ignorant opinions about aerospace engineering, or gross misunderstandings about space radiation or incredulous declarations about 60's technology or even dismissive paranoia about government that "always lie".

The Apollo video footage shows men working in 1/6th G vacuum. This cannot be faked. Unless you can prove (and I mean prove) that the behavior of dust etc., as shown in the film & video record, can be replicated here on Earth, then the inescapable fact is that the footage is genuine.

Well said. I always try to ask the question to HB's as to how they could fake the vacuum and 1/6th gravity in a large studio on Earth. That question always gets ignored.

Originally posted by captainpudding
Yes but then all they have to say is that the government has all kinds of secret technology they got from the aliens that we don't know about.

It's hilarious when HB's use the "secret advanced alien technology" argument. Because if the US Gov't had that kind of technology, then there's no excuse for them to not be able to go to the Moon.

Have you actually seen the movie or actually looked at any Apollo photography? Because they looking nothing alike at all! In 2001, the Lunar mountains are depicted as being more sharp, pointy and jagged, where as in reality they are more rounded and smooth.
edit on 15-9-2012 by jra because: added more

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

If they filmed the Apollo Moon walks using the same film setting they used for the moon in 2001: A Space odyssey, you would think the Moon would look the same in both -- and it doesn't;

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

It wasn't just looking at TV screens. The Soviets and other countries tracked and listened in on the radio waves from the Apollo missions. en.wikipedia.org...

If the Soviets had _any_ doubt that the missions were fake, they'd be quick to tell the world.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Why indeed. THINK

1/6th gravity vacuum studio ?? What are you talking about ? The special effects were good enough to fool the world at the time.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildespace

It wasn't just looking at TV screens. The Soviets and other countries tracked and listened in on the radio waves from the Apollo missions. en.wikipedia.org...

If the Soviets had _any_ doubt that the missions were fake, they'd be quick to tell the world.

The part of the rocket that went to the moon (the LM), was empty. All Apollo missions to the moon were unmanned, the astronauts remained in Earth's orbit. It was a trick ! It wasn't possible to get a man safely back from the moon.
edit on 21-9-2012 by Ove38 because: text fix

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Ove38

The part of the rocket that went to the moon (the LM), was empty. All Apollo missions to the moon were unmanned, the astronauts remained in Earth's orbit. It was a trick ! It wasn't possible to get a man safely back from the moon.

And your proof of this is...?

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by Ove38

And your proof of this is...?

All the fake pictures and films of man on the moon.

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join