It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apollo Moon Landings a Hoax? Then Read This

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by easynow

Ah hah !

Now I understand the reason for the personal attack

Yup

Well, you are cross-posting. That is another thread.

In order:

I made no personal attack on that thread.

You asked a loaded question-- that is, made an allegation in the form of a question...

You actually believe Bean or Gordon would publicly admit to something

that would ruin their own reputation AND .... completely throw NASA under the bus ?

You either were "only asking a question" or you were calling them liars. SO... I turned your own question around, and asked if you would be honest ("come clean") if asked, and if being honest would ruin your reputation and throw the Conspiracy Theorists you have supported "under the bus?"

And to my question, you reacted with this, and with a private message, asking why I am "attacking" you. You attack the character of two fine men, and by it, of thousands connected to NASA. I merely asked the same question of you, and you feign offense.

Second...
For all you know, I am Alan Bean's son or next door neighbor. I am not, but I am from Fort Worth, and have great respect for that man as well as Dick Gordon. One of the realities many conspiracy theorists fail to grasp is that the astronauts do speak in small gatherings and give interviews to individuals, allowing questions, and supplying neat insights. Of the many books written on the manned space program, one will find many quotes from these men given in such private interviews.

"Buzz" Aldrin spoke to a Church in my town and the content was, in fact, on a matter which NASA had made abundantly clear they did not wish known-- per-planned within the Apollo 11 mission to accommodate so that it would not be known by the general public. He spoke about that event as a private citizen. The content of his talk was incredibly supernatural, but had absolutely nothing to do with hoaxes or aliens-- the real mysteries can be more full of awe and wonder than the conspiracy theorists can imagine.

But you will not read those on Conspiracy Theory blogs because, I suppose, the Conspiracy Theorists do not want you to know about these things. After all, it is better for their credibility and your belief in their theories if you are kept in the dark about the accessibility to the astronauts. You do not live near an astronaut and never imagine meeting one? Fine-- go buy one of the many books written by astronauts as private citizens or written of them by authors who have interviewed them. Rhetorical question: Why might one suppose that Conspiracy Theorists portray the astronauts as inaccessible?

Alan Bean does not know me from Adam. But I have little doubt that I could speak with him merely by asking for the privilege, if I thought I had a legitimate cause to seek such. And when I was a reporter in the Fort Worth area, I thought about that scenario often-- but never could get past the reality that I was much more influenced by my desire to speak with one of my heroes, than I was certain that I had a good idea for a article.

Finally...

Yes, now you understand...

In reading this thread you will have found that having spent a life soaking up what information I could, and having had unusual opportunity as a child and as an adult to be among persons who were part of the moon landings, you now understand that I know much about Apollo-- contrary to your assumption stated in your private message.

That you feel confident in assaulting the integrity of great men is what I find objectionable. Of course I do, and I am not stopping your from voicing your offensive malformed and ill-conceived indictments; but that you do not expect criticism is rather foolish of you.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Saint Exupery

I explained my position and you still haven't answered the question

and I know why ... because you can't.

Your little fact checking quest is imaginary

edit on 11-11-2011 by easynow because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Frira

If I was calling them liars and you turned the question around then according to your logic,

You did attack me personally

Nice try and the question isn't "loaded" .. it's based in reality not the imaginary NASA has never done anything wrong reality which sadly you and many others seem to be forever lost in. But since the answer to the question would probably shatter your belief system, I can certainly understand why you would be offended and feel the need to turn it around on me.

In other words I'm not surprised the question upsets you and your beliefs.

you now understand that I know much about Apollo-- contrary to your assumption stated in your private message.

What is that B.S. ^^^^^^ .. ?

You are a liar

I never said anything about your subject matter knowledge nor did I say anything that would lead you to believe I had preconceived "assumptions" about you or anyone else.

So now the question is, why are making up lies about what I said in the private message ?

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
SO what I learned is that 1969 moon landings are considered to be real. Some people are upset that 20 minutes of Apollo 12 manned lunar activity was deemed to be confidential. Did I miss anything? Oh, the aliens, kind of kills the whole body of work to add that in there. Sounds like Billy stopping at the soda shop before he drove Betty home using Dad's car and didn't mention it, though he was to come strait home after the movie, means that Billy lied about the whole color of the moon or something. Is that sort of the burr that is irritating?

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

reply to post by Frira

If I was calling them liars and you turned the question around then according to your logic,

You did attack me personally

Nice try and the question isn't "loaded"

And if you were "just asking a question" than so was I.

But you were not just doing that, were you? You intended to disparage with your question.

It was your question. That you took offense when it was asked of you is because it WAS a loaded question in your mind when you asked it. You wanted to get your shots in but you didn't expect to take responsibility for it.

The sound you hear is not that of "nice try;" that sound is the sound of a dead ringer-- my aim is good-- I know bad rhetoric when I read it.

That is not "my" logic-- that is just logic.

you now understand that I know much about Apollo-- contrary to your assumption stated in your private message.

What is that B.S. ^^^^^^ .. ?

You are a liar

Well, who would have thought you would have resorted to name calling? And we all had such high expectations for your participation. (which one of is the "smirky face?")

I never said anything about your subject matter knowledge nor did I say anything that would lead you to believe I had preconceived "assumptions" about you or anyone else.

So now the question is, why are making up lies about what I said in the private message ?

I did think it was the private message, but it was the reply I read after it.

Your words were:

Think you know everything about the Apollo missions?"
from this post.

You want to try and tell me that it was not intended as a taunt? Do you really?

Since I had not written "I know everything about Apollo missions" your question was offering a verbal jab in a thinly deniable form.

My goodness, but I am continually amazed that persons who go around jabbing at others, then saying, "Oh! I didn't mean that!" and scream like a little girl when another jabs back.

How about:

based in reality not the imaginary NASA has never done anything wrong reality which sadly you and many others seem to be forever lost in

Or

the answer to the question would probably shatter your belief system

You want to claim you intended no insult, no disparagement? Is that your cowardly claim? Is it?

Now, you crawl back under your bridge, wipe the tears from your eyes, and think hard about taking responsibility for your words. Ask yourself, "Am I trying to teach others or insult them?" and "Am I trying to persuade or get out my aggression in passive forms?"

For me, at least, the answers you will gain are obvious.

Fond memory of a beloved professor:

"You know (Frira), that most in your profession are passive-aggressive?"
"Yes. So I have noticed. It is either dishonest or cowardly."
"It is, and sometimes both." The he smiled and added, "But you, son, are merely aggressive."
I smiled back and said, "Yes, and I hate to admit it, but it sure is fun."
My professor looked down, and a little sheepishly answered, "Yes, it is, isn't it?"

The point is, that Internet Trolls exist in the real world, too. I ran out of patience a long time ago-- and I learned how to deal with the real life versions from a pro.

I'll teach and I'll persuade; but I don't suffer fools gladly. If you are going to throw a punch in the ring, then you better know how to cover-- in the real world, you're going to get hit back; and no one much cares to hear you cry about it.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Frira

The subject was the Astronauts , Bean and Gordon

The question we were discussing was directly related to the topic

You decided to derail the discussion with a personal attack

We are not here to discuss me or my personal life

Is that too much for you to comprehend ?

edit on 11-11-2011 by easynow because: typo

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Frira

No apology ?

No ooops I made a mistake sorry ?

Anything ? You posted a completely erroneous accusation and forced me to waste my time correcting it and you have nothing to say about that ?

Thanks alot !

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   

reply to post by Frira

The subject was the Astronauts , Bean and Gordon

No. The subject was whether there was evidence of a S-EVA during Apollo 12 (there wasn't. I just watched the video). But instead, you posted so as to malign the character of Bean and Gordon. I simply reversed your maligning question to point at you.

And you didn't like it one bit. You were not supposed to like it. You were supposed to smart from it, and think again if it would be wise to do it again. It has upset you so to be treated the way you treat others, that you can't let it rest. It is going to eat at you. It is eating you now. You give me the power-- more power with each and every whining post.

We are not here to discuss me or my personal life

Quite obviously, you think we are.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   

reply to post by Frira

No apology ?

No ooops I made a mistake sorry ?

Anything ? You posted a completely erroneous accusation and forced me to waste my time correcting it and you have nothing to say about that ?

Thanks alot !

Chomp.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Frira

Does it bother you to know Bean and Gordon are liars ?

After all, they never told anyone and kept the EVA a secret

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Frira

No. The subject was whether there was evidence of a S-EVA during Apollo 12

No the subject was the question about Bean and Gordon coming clean And admitting something that would destroy their credibility and completely throw NASA under the bus.

Are you incapable of comprehending the context of the conversation ?

Or are you just being obtuse now ?

Which is it ?

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Watch This Video !

Apollo 12's - Secret & Undeclared EVA

I do not wish to usurp the existing thread on the Apollo 12 possible Stand-up EVA and so my answer to this post may be found here.

That thread is entitled, Luna Cognita video: A clandestine (top Secret) Apollo 12 EVA!.

As that thread is not about declaring the moon-landings a "hoax," discussion does not belong here.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Further reading on the A12 Covert EVA
easynowsmoonblog.blogspot.com...

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by easynow

I submit that your real name is not really easynow. You are keeping your real name a secret. By your own standards, that makes you a liar. How does it feel to be a liar? Or would you like to reconsider your definition now?

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I'm not sure why a possible secret EVA is relevant to a moon hoax thread. I'm not saying I think a secret EVA definitely occurred during Apollo 12, but so what if it did? There may be valid military reason for such an EVA, such as to retrieve secret military hardware that was on the Moon.

I would think the space shuttles have had possible secret EVAs that the general public does not know about, but that doesn't really change my opinion of what the space shuttle program was about.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by easynow

I submit that your real name is not really easynow. You are keeping your real name a secret. By your own standards, that makes you a liar. How does it feel to be a liar? Or would you like to reconsider your definition now?

Nice try but that's a completely bogus Apples & Oranges argument

I didn't go to the Moon ( A trip funded by the tax payers) and then lie to the American people

The Astronauts and NASA are the ones on trial here not me

But considering the impact of this controversy

I can certainly understand why all you NASA lovers are upset

edit on 13-11-2011 by easynow because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by easynow

I didn't go to the Moon ( A trip funded by the tax payers) and then lie to the American people

If this is a trial, the defendants have the right to remain silent. Remaining silent is not a lie, it is a constitutionally guaranteed right. What is your problem, anyway?

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

I'm not saying I think a secret EVA definitely occurred during Apollo 12, but so what if it did? There may be valid military reason for such an EVA, such as to retrieve secret military hardware that was on the Moon.

So what ?

It means the true story of the Apollo missions is unknown and since they most likely lied about this particular part of the mission it begs the question ...

what else about the story is bogus ?

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Nice try but that's a completely bogus Apples & Oranges argument

But considering the impact of this controversy

I can certainly understand why all you NASA lovers are upset

My tax dollars fund a lot of secret projects and secret missions that I will never find out about. That doesn't really bother me too much.

I'm not saying everything my government does with my tax dollars is "morally right", but I'm not bothered by secret programs simply because they are secret.

edit on 11/13/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

I'm not saying I think a secret EVA definitely occurred during Apollo 12, but so what if it did? There may be valid military reason for such an EVA, such as to retrieve secret military hardware that was on the Moon.

So what ?

It means the true story of the Apollo missions is unknown and since they most likely lied about this particular part of the mission it begs the question ...

what else about the story is bogus ?

I don't know. I'm sure there are a few more secrets that we don't know about done by the U.S. government (or any government, for that matter).

Are you telling me you are surprised that there are secret things being done (probably every day). I'm sure there are military programs I don't know about. I'm sure there are military missions (say in the middle east, or drug missions in Colombia) that I don't know about. I'm sure every defense minister/defense secretary in all of the world has secret defense plans regarding their (often friendly) neighbors.

Do these shock you?

I guess I'm asking why are we having such an exhaustive discussion on it in this thread (a thread about the Moon landings not being real)? Shouldn't we be talking about this in the already existing conspiracy thread about the secret Apollo 12 EVA? Obviously if (as you contend) there was a secret Apollo 12 EVA, that means the Moon landing was real.

edit on 11/13/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join