It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apollo Moon Landings a Hoax? Then Read This

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver
reply to post by openminded2011

Cool story bro! Anecdotal 'evidence' and a rocket lifting off and disappearing in the sky does not equal a moon landing but good on you for flying the flag of national pride. Does my comment make you angry too? Opinions differ, get over it. Sure they could afford a nice big firework for you all to watch, you ended up paying for it.

You sound like a little kid who is lashing out after getting your feelings hurt. All that amounts to is sanctimonious sarcasm dripping with narcissism. I know those are some big words. Do I need to google them for you?

Why is it that most everyone (not all, but most) who are detractors of the moon landings get bent out of shape when actual proof is given that goes against their beliefs? The Lunar Laser Ranging Experiment, the recent photos that clearly show foot paths and tire tracks, the video, the audio, the first hand witnesses. None of it ever makes a difference. Instead, these facts are distorted by ignorance and a general lack of civility. I have yet to hear a moon landing detractor find a first hand witness that corroborates their beliefs. Its always supposition of incorrect facts and false logic that is relied on to promote the claim that we never went to the moon.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

For instance...compare these two pictures and tell me your explanation....It looks to me like backgroud tampering ?

Pic 1.

Pic 2.

A hint : look at the stones position on the ground compared to the ladder

Is that black stone-thing alive and moving?
edit on 9-9-2011 by borutp because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-9-2011 by borutp because: the right picture added

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by FoosM

The magazines were changed inside the LM.

No, not at all Phage, they were changing film cartridges with frequency " on the Moon " and taking the blank film from the Loony Rover, then putting the used film back on the Rover. Apollo 17 was especially notable for this. I had to laugh when Cernan thanked whoever had repaired the fender overnight and said they had done a good job of it, Ground control nearly choked and started rambling about something or another to shut him up !
edit on 9-9-2011 by Qwenn because: spelling

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Can you tell me what is this?

www.lpi.usra.edu...

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by DerbyCityLights

Like the background is important??

Please explain this picture to me...fake?

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by borutp

No, its a real picture. Definitely not a fake picture.

I honestly have no idea what is causing the lens flare, but if I had to guess, I'd say the pic was taken from a viewpoint below the sun. I'm not a photographic expert though so my opinion on this is moot.

Edit to add:

By the way, thank you for your intelligence and honest questioning without the attitude I have seen from others who believe as you do. Some may take your English sentence structure as a sign of a lack of intelligence, but I know English isn't your first language and I can tell that you have a genuine interest for finding the truth and are not out to force your opinion or beliefs on those who don't agree with you. Its actually quite refreshing.

edit on 9-9-2011 by DerbyCityLights because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
It is immediately apparent which contributors to this thread were alive in the 1960's and which were not. During the "Golden Age" of the "Space Age," kids were highly motivated to develop the skills that would allow them, too, to contribute to humanity's most exciting endeavor. They built model rockets, which taught them about concepts like thrust and specific impulse. They built their own radios, which taught them the basics of electronics. They studied astronomy, that taught them about celestial mechanics. Naturally, they took and developed their own photographs, which allowed them to understand concepts like exposure and trick photography.They were not a passive audience, they were informed witnesses.

Moon Hoax believers, on the other hand, have short attention spans and like getting their information in video format. They confuse passively receiving "information" with life experience. They apply critical thinking only when they do not like what they are told. I fear for civilization.

edit on 6-9-2011 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

Well I was born at the end of the 60's after the landing and didn't start school until after all the hype was over but I believe man landed on the moon and I undertand the science behind it, well as much as a layman can. Common sense and power of observation and an ability to grasp the mechanics behind it don't belong just to the 60's and early 70's. In fact I believe most people do believe that it happened and I believe the the hoaxers are just being selective as to what they research. It's a bit harsh saying that if you weren't alive and walking around at the time then you're a hoax believer. There were people at the time who didn't believe it as well. In fact there was a group called the flat earth society I think who didn't believe the landing happened and still believed the earth was flat. My generation doesn't have that group just individuals who need to believe something which is agianst the grian.
edit on 9-9-2011 by steveknows because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by steveknows

No offense was intended. Obviously, the vast majority of people born in the 1970's and after are intelligent and reasonable. I was only saying that the hoax believers do not understand how engaged people were by the space program. They also seem unable to do their own research. Note how they will post a photo and ask "What is this?" rather than work it out for themselves. My apologies for making a broad generalization. Just brush it off as an old man saying: "Music? You call that music? Now Louis Armstrong, that was music!"

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   

You are right..english is not my first language...but i hope that i am not making so many mistakes that it looks like I am retarded or something?

You can also look at this two pictures that i find very strange

Pic 1.

Pic 2.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

For your information...I was born before 1970.... and you?

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by steveknows

No offense was intended. Obviously, the vast majority of people born in the 1970's and after are intelligent and reasonable. I was only saying that the hoax believers do not understand how engaged people were by the space program. They also seem unable to do their own research. Note how they will post a photo and ask "What is this?" rather than work it out for themselves. My apologies for making a broad generalization. Just brush it off as an old man saying: "Music? You call that music? Now Louis Armstrong, that was music!"

Oh I know any kid at the time would have loved it all and most adults. I know I would have. And yes the music was better.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   

In the " Earth " training sessions, the Astronauts trained in front of black curtains, held up on scaffolding rigs, that looks identical to the rig tops found back on Terra Firma ( before I am asked to provide links to prove this, I can only point people to buy and watch the boxsets which were issued on DVD about each mission, they cover this, especially Apollo 11 ) perhaps they flew the background scenery to the " Moon " with them, along with the spotlight to simulate sunlight. Unless the photograph was takn a little closer to home, otherwise what is a suspended rig doing on the " Moon " ?

It is certainly supposed to be a Moon photo, perhaps they forgot to put the black masking strip at the top of the negative, when exposing it for reproduction, or it slipped past the retouching process.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by SavedOne
The Apollo moon landing was the single most watched event in the entire known history of the world. It was a very transparent operation, all of the science behind it was presented to the world daily on TV leading up to the event. School classes were even interrupted so we could watch the latest updates as they unfolded. As has been pointed out numerous times in this thread, hoaxing it without anyone realizing it was a hoax would have been completely impossible. Attempting a hoax of that magnitude would have been much harder than the moon landing itself. The Russians would have gleefully exposed it has a hoax had it been one, those that didn't live through the times simply have no understanding of the relationship between the US and Russia back then, Russia would have done anything to discredit us. A lot of these hoax scenarios imply a level of technological sophistication that did not exist back then. Beaming secret video feeds of a fake moon landing that were taken in a studio rather than on the moon is just laughable, back then this kind of stuff wasn't possible, if the feed was coming anywhere but from the moon then it would have been obvious as NASA wasn't the only entity tuning in. And has been mentioned, anyone with a good radio setup could hear the astronauts' transmissions. And many thousands of ordinary citizens did exactly that. The whole moon hoax thing is a fairly recent (You Tube era) phenomenon which should be indication enough that it shouldn't be taken seriously. Every single piece of so-called "evidence" that's been offered in hoax scenarios has been soundly debunked, but of course that's never enough for those who want to see conspiracies under every rock.

edit on 6-9-2011 by SavedOne because: typo

I thought the worlds first live via satellite broadcast of the Beatles singing Love Love Love was.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by 11I11

No tape.
Yes, the TV was transmitted to Earth.

So why not show the transmission from at least a few more minuites before liftoff, like from the point that they are trying like crazy to get their mock-up aligned in the exact way that their lift off model is, it takes them ages and the colour on the transmission is exactly the same greenish tint. When they have everything aligned perfectly, there is a break in transmission, when it comes back on it is in perfect colour and clarity, then comes the lift off which you posted. I watched 12 hours of greenish tranmissions, only to find the only bit with perfect colour and clarity was the small clip which you posted !
edit on 9-9-2011 by Qwenn because: spelling

edit on 9-9-2011 by Qwenn because: spelling from a silly keyboard

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by borutp

At least give us a clue. What do you find strange?

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   

You are right..english is not my first language...but i hope that i am not making so many mistakes that it looks like I am retarded or something?

Pic 1.

Pic 2.

I understand you just fine. I work in a multicultural environment and have experience with many people for whom English is a second or third language.

As for the two pics, what exactly do you find strange about them? They look like some gorgeous moon shots to me.

edit on 9-9-2011 by DerbyCityLights because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Don't tell me that you can not see the difference

Look at the mountain position....look at the foreground changed...

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by borutp

Don't tell me that you can not see the difference

Look at the mountain position....look at the foreground changed...

One is in color, one is in black and white. One was taken on EVA 2, the other was taken on EVA 3. They were taken a day apart from slightly different locations. What do you find strange about that?

www.hq.nasa.gov...

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Slightly different location can't explain the difference in the hill behind

comment this :

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

reply to post by DJW001

Slightly different location can't explain the difference in the hill behind

comment this :

Now this is just my own speculation for the discrepancies of the pic. I do not know for sure because I was not there. With that said, to me, the mountain looks like its still in the same place. The pics are from slightly different locations so the image looks a little different in relation to scale and scenery placement.

The area where the rover tracks were at on the first pic but not in the second, looks to me like they had alot of work to do after they parked the rover. Walking around that area multiple times could have easily covered any traces of the rover tracks. And if you look closely at the pic, you will see there are still signs of the rover tracks along with the added footprints in that area.

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join