It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apollo Moon Landings a Hoax? Then Read This

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1
Not in the mid 1960's we didnt.

What?

What decade was the picture Phage just tried to use on me from? This ought to be really good.

The conspiracy theory assertion is that when the "movie sets" were starting to be contructed (in time for the 1969 "landing"), the secret agency making them already had images of the surface so good that it took until 2008 for the Japanese to be able to recreate them with the SELENE mission.

Uh huh and...?

So with a single sentence, you've instantly created hitherto unknown yet more secret orbital probes, more secret technology, more secret workers, more secret launches and more secret radio telemetry.
All with amazing technology capable of taking those images and height data and recreating backdrops as seen from the ground.
Well done.

Actually all I did was suggest they sent something to the moon without men in it that could take pictures. Tell me how crazy that sounds again.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Kitilani

Yes. Have you not seen them?

None with an astronaut in them.

Probably because there have been no astronauts on Mars.
Please explain why you would expect to see things on Mars that we never sent there?

Pardon me if I presume too much

You do ALOT OF that and since that seems to be your entire MO, none of what you write really means a lot to me. All you have done is tell a complete stranger what they have read and then I see you blatantly lying about things like judges dismissing the assault case and changing magazines inside vs. outside.
Yeah assumptions and lies killed your credibility with me. One of your fans will come stroke your ego in a moment.

but are you suggesting the astronaut was added to an image taken by a remotely operated vehicle? Was that done with all of the Apollo surface images or just that one? The one which shows terrain that would be verified by a Japanese satellite decades afterward.

edit on 9/7/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

Suggesting? Uh...sure.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
No amount of photographic or video evidence, eyewitness testimony, or official documents will ever amount to enough evidence to convince these "moon truthers" (or whatever they want to be called) that the USA actually DID land on the moon. And they certainly do not have an explanation as for why, if we did in fact hoax the moon landing, our arch nemesis (the USSR) let us lie to the world for so many years (up until the very present, in fact) as we slowly gained technical and political hegemony over much of the globe...

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Whoops
edit on 7-9-2011 by Threadfall because: whoops

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by walt6x3
I'm still waiting for a response on why at the height of the cold war and space race the USSR didnt call us out if we quote unquote didnt go. Seems to me like the hoax believers cant come up with a good answer or any answer for that matter.

If you want an answer to that it would be nice if you used the "reply to" button when you post.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
New HD photos released of moon landing sites. Here is one link but I'm sure there are more.

www.space.com... ml

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhillyParanormal
reply to post by Ex_CT2

www.washingtonpost.com...

These are pretty good photos, No? Whats the difference though. Folks will just say they are faked. Hoax proponents ask for proof, and when it presents itself, they just claim fake. For them, the idea that it COULD be faked is much more important that debunking the hoax.

And when it's time to debate the intricacies of the photos; the people that post them disappear or start applying labels and insult hoax believers.
edit on 7-9-2011 by GrassyKnoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brotherman
I am trying to find out what the russians had to say about the moon landing any help please I have been using CQ with no luck and I dont read russian I only think their girls have cute accents?

There is in fact a film clip of the moon landing which shows a russian probe fly past while they're on the moon. It was sent past by the Russians to let the world know that they were still in the space race.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
A total of 382 kilograms (842 lb) of Moon rocks and dust were collected during the Apollo 11, 12, 14, 15, 16 and 17 missions.[1] Some 10 kg (22 lb) of the Moon rocks have been destroyed during hundreds of experiments performed by both NASA researchers and planetary scientists at research institutions unaffiliated with NASA. These experiments have confirmed the age and origin of the rocks as lunar, and were used to identify lunar meteorites collected later from Antarctica.[2] The oldest Moon rocks are up to 4.5 billion years old,[1] making them 200 million years older than the oldest Earth rocks, which are from the Hadean eon and dated 3.8 to 4.3 billion years ago. The rocks returned by Apollo are very close in composition to the samples returned by the independent Soviet Luna programme.[3] A rock brought back by Apollo 17 was accurately dated to be 4.417 billion years old, with a margin of error of plus or minus 6 million years. The test was done by a group of researchers headed by Alexander Nemchin at Curtin University of Technology in Bentley, Australia.[4]

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by steveknows

I am trying to find out what the russians had to say about the moon landing any help please I have been using CQ with no luck and I dont read russian I only think their girls have cute accents?

There is in fact a film clip of the moon landing which shows a russian probe fly past while they're on the moon. It was sent past by the Russians to let the world know that they were still in the space race.

It would be nice if you posted this clip on this thread.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Moon To Have No-Fly Zones By Month's End:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 7-9-2011 by GrassyKnoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by steveknows

You are obviously quoting from some source since we can see the in-text citation numbers, I'd like to see the source. All this might indicate is that the moon became tectonically inactive shortly after it was formed, generating no heat itself after accretion, or collision as it's believed. The earth on the other hand is still recycling it's crust and finding early rock in the crust is extremely rare.

One source of a 4.28 billion year old rock in Canada.

Another source.

I suppose there are meteorites dated as old as 4.5 billion years old or older. What would be really interesting is finding a sample much older than 4.6 billion years old, now that would be a true extraterrestrial, interstellar in fact.

Oh yeah, the clip would be epic, never heard of that.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by borutp
reply to post by Phage

Jea right...Now look at the video again frame by frame and tell me that he used his right arm...
He didn't even bend the arm to push from the surface...his arm is straight when he begins to levitate...some magician I must say....

I know that you know that the Moon has one-sixth the gravity of Earth, making his total body and equipment weight of about 136 kilograms (300 pounds) on Earth only 23 kilograms (50 pounds) on the Moon.

So if he used his finger to lift up it is the same like you can try to toss 23 kilograms in the air with only one finger

edit on 7-9-2011 by borutp because: added the video again

Things work much differently in that environment. A huge boulder could be moved a long way and up hill on the moon with very little force and it wouldn't act the same way as a same sized one on earth. So why would the dymanics of human movement have the same outcome on the moon as it would on earth? Anyone who has ever scuba dived can tell you that human movement and the outcome of that movement is different than that which is done on the surface. So the movement of a person on the moon is not subject to the same laws as you find on the surface of the earth and that is where people make their mistake.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

en.wikipedia.org...

The point is that it's moon rocks from both Russia and the U.S. Let me guess, people will say the Russians and the U.S were in on the fraud together.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrassyKnoll

Originally posted by steveknows

It would be nice if you posted this clip on this thread.

I'm trying to find it on the net. I saw it on a BBC documentary several years back telling the story of the space race. They interviewed the people involved on both the Russian and U.S side plus showed the original film clips of the time.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

OK thanks, I thought it may have been Wiki.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
It's easy to prove to a normal thinking person that we have been to the moon. Each Apollo mission left behind a laser retroreflector on the lunar surface. Anyone with the right equipment can shoot a laser at one of the Apollo landing locations and record the lasers energy as it is reflected back to you.

I personally participated in this activity while attending university many many years ago.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbarnhart
It's easy to prove to a normal thinking person that we have been to the moon. Each Apollo mission left behind a laser retroreflector on the lunar surface. Anyone with the right equipment can shoot a laser at one of the Apollo landing locations and record the lasers energy as it is reflected back to you.

I personally participated in this activity while attending university many many years ago.

What proof is there that the Apollo 12 placed the reflectors on the moons surface?

Unmanned space missions could probably accomplish this.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

If you find the clip you should start a new ATS thread...good luck with the search.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kitilani

Originally posted by alfa1
Not in the mid 1960's we didnt.

What?
What decade was the picture Phage just tried to use on me from? This ought to be really good.

I was referring to your silly comment about having pictures from MARS like that in the 1960's, to which (after Phage's image reply) you replied Yes. Have you not seen them?

I stand by my statement that we did not have pictures like that from Mars in the 1960's.

But it doesnt matter if you want to twist it around and use it as a comment about the moon because my other reply also stands. The "movie set" designers needed images of that quailty to build the sets in time for the 1969 landing (which was in the 1960's) and those in the next few years after, because of the way they match perfectly with the SELENE data.
I stand by my statement that we did not have images of that quality together with height field data of the moon at that time.

Originally posted by Kitilani
Actually all I did was suggest they sent something to the moon without men in it that could take pictures. Tell me how crazy that sounds again.

My other comment still stands about how you';ve just invented a whole bunch of new conspiracy missions with conspiracy technology and conspiracy staff.

But also, if there were secret probes sent to the moon to get the images required, then where are they now?
They arent showing up in the LRO images. Are you making a statement that they ARE there, but NASA has just faked the LRO images to remove the unmanned craft and photoshop in the "movie set" items?

And on that topic, one might possibly understand how the missions were faked back then, to "beat" the Russians to the moon, but why would people working today (and even at Arizona State University) be wanting to fake all that stuff?

new topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join