It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apollo Moon Landings a Hoax? Then Read This

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Originally posted by alfa1
And even the Japanese are in on the conspiracy.

And more evidence which I dont think gets enough airtime here.

When the astronauts landed on the moon, they took photos from the ground.
Now, decades later, the Japanese team has mapped that terrain at higher resolution than ever before, and they find the terrain is EXACTLY the same as the photos taken all those decades ago.

Conspiracy theorists have to explain why the terrain of the "movie set" would be more stunningly accurate than anyone knew about at the time.
link
link

To be fair, we have pictures like that from Mars that I am sure will match up exactly when Japan maps that too.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by scobro
I personally believe man went to the moon,i am just not sure we have ever seen the exact footage of the event!

This is exactly how I feel. I have very little doubt that we actually made it to the moon, but given all the evidence in support of and questioning the landings, the most probable conclusion I have come to is that we landed on the moon, but they did not share the actual footage with the world.

Especially seeing as NASA was wrong about the gravitational strength and the presence of water on the moon, as well as the fairly reliable accounts of "anomalies", it seems highly likely that they would show the world the mundane, dead-world view we were all expecting while keeping the truth for themselves. Fits cozily into the rest of NASA's track record.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Kitilani

To be fair, we have pictures like that from Mars that I am sure will match up exactly when Japan maps that too.

Images like this?

Yes, it's a composite of two pan shots.

edit on 9/7/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Apparently, photos are finally available. Posted today:
news.yahoo.com...

NASA's Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter: 1.usa.gov...
Arizona State University Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter camera page:
www.lroc.asu.edu...

Astronauts' tracks, trash seen in new moon photos
By SETH BORENSTEIN - AP Science Writer | AP – 11 hrs agotweet29Share2EmailPrintRelated ContentThis

August 2011 image made available by NASA shows paths left by walking astronauts, …
WASHINGTON (AP) — A spacecraft circling the moon has snapped the sharpest photos ever of the tracks and trash left behind by Apollo astronauts in their visits from 1969 to 1972.

Images taken by NASA's Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter from 13 to 15 miles up show the astronauts' paths when they walked on the moon, as well as ruts left by a moon buggy. Experts could even identify the backpacks astronauts pitched out of their lunar landers before they returned to Earth.

"What we're seeing is a trail," said Arizona State University geology professor Mark Robinson, the orbiter's chief scientist. "It's totally awesome."

However, the photos were not close enough to see individual bootprints, Robinson said.

The pictures were taken two weeks ago and show the landing sites for Apollo 12, 14 and 17. The closest images are of the 1972 Apollo 17 site, the last moon mission.

Apollo 17 Commander Eugene Cernan wrote in an email to The Associated Press that the photo gives him a chance to revisit those days, "this time with a little nostalgia and disappointment. Nostalgia because those special days are fondly etched in my memory and disappointment because it looks like now we will not be going back within the days I have left on this planet."

Two years ago, images from the same spacecraft from 30 and 60 miles out showed fuzzier images. But this year the orbiter dipped down to take about 300,000 more close-ups. The trails left by the astronauts are clear, but the places where backpacks were discarded, Apollo 17's moon buggy, and the bottom parts of the three lunar landers are blurry.

"You have to really look at it for a long time to figure out what you're looking at," Robinson said. For example, when it comes to the moon buggy he said, "if you squint really hard you can resolve the wheels and that the wheels are slightly turned to the left."

At first, scientists thought they had a bit of a mystery: They saw more stuff than they expected. It turned out to be packing material and an insulation blanket, Robinson said.

After 40 years there does not seem to be much moon dust covering the manmade trails. It probably will take about 10 million to 100 million years for dust to cover them, Robinson said.

The photos were released a few days after the debut of the new fictional movie "Apollo 18" and before Thursday's planned launch of NASA's twin robotic spaceships to explore the moon's gravity.
___

Online:

NASA's Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter: 1.usa.gov...

Arizona State University Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter camera page:

www.lroc.asu.edu...

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by FoosM

Yes, they did.

The magazines were changed inside the LM.

Excuse me, what? Say that again?

The magazines were changed inside the LM.

Bravo, Phage, Bravo!

Why would the lenses be shielded? There's this thing called a shutter.

A camera shutter as a shield against space radiation. Are you kidding me?
Your throwing that out as a fact? Second, the shutter has to open right?

You might have many here fooled, but I wasn't born yesterday.

edit on 7-9-2011 by FoosM because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
I'm not sure if this has been posted, but new photos of the moon has been released by NASA almost as if to answer the OP, I'm surE you can google for it and I don't know how to embed as I'm using my phone but I do have a link to the video.

goo.gl...

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
No man has ever stood on the moon - period.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by kykweer

Those pictures are awesome, it will be interesting to see if the conspiracy theorists can debunk them.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
here's my 2 cents...Yes, they did go to the moon. But what they did there was not for all to see so they publiced forged pictures / films.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_CT2
Now I'm just an old guy wishing someone would *finally* get some high-def photos of the landing sites, so we can at last get some closure on this. And shut these annoying little ---- up!
edit on 7-9-2011 by alien because: ...editted out the censor circumvention..

Here you go: www.space.com...

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by borutp

Care to prove that? Period.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pumper

Originally posted by Ex_CT2
Now I'm just an old guy wishing someone would *finally* get some high-def photos of the landing sites, so we can at last get some closure on this. And shut these annoying little ---- up!
edit on 7-9-2011 by alien because: ...editted out the censor circumvention..

Here you go: www.space.com...

I am now bought. My tinfoil hat thrown away, my nasa shirt already in the mail. That resolution is stunning, I can just zoom in and see the pixelated blocks.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I wasn't born when the Moon landings happened but I've always loved space and I'm a member of the Planetary society. Even as a kid I researched as much as I could and I have no doubt that they landed on the moon. Also what alot of these conspiracy people don't look at or prefer to ignore is that it wasn't just the U.S plugged in at the time. Alot of the transmission and the monitoring of the astronauts was done by Australians at the Parks radio telescope in NSW Australia for NASA.

The whole world couldn't be fooled and think perhaps these conspiracy people need to believe that it can so as to explain thier lack of knowledge or common sense.

Also nothing you say or show or point out will make them see otherwise because they need to believe that they are the holders of some kind of secret truth. It's a bit sad really.
edit on 7-9-2011 by steveknows because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by steveknows

I recall that Australia were listening and assisting in the Apollo missions
and I agree with you in regards of being able to fool the world -plus your
enemies is a doubtful task.

The world has moved on, the idea that an individual should go out and make
his/her mark in the world is antiquated and folk of the last couple of generations
have become accustomed to relying on someone else to do it for them.

Without stretching oneself, knowledge of 'how' and 'why' is missed and any
chance of team-spirit and trust is lost and seen as something that's only shown
on old black-and-white movies.

They perceive their own country in the same manner, ergo - The Powers That
Be are only in it for kick-backs, they are aliens -because that box in the corner
of the room tells them so, or it's all a conspiracy and the youngster in his T-shirt,
sitting at his computer in his bedroom believes he's 'in-the-know' and 'got-the'skinny'!

It was a time for heroes.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
It may be a coincidence, but these images were released recently......

Clicky

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Most of the time I can at least see why some people will buy into any given CT and understand their point of view even if I don't believe it myself. The moon landings being a hoax though is just so far beyond what I consider reasonable that in this case I just can't see it through the theorist's eyes. There is so much evidence that it did in fact happen. Mountains of any kind of evidence one would normally require to validate a claim. Video, audio, pictures, firsthand eyewitness accounts, satellite photos, and more. Even other countries who tracked the missions themselves! The evidence for the hoax side is miniscule by comparison and just doesn't stand up to scrutiny.

If someone has put in real man hours doing his or her own research on the topic and still comes away believing that it was a hoax then I can respect that, it's your opinion and everyone is entitled to one. I'm afraid though that a lot of the people saying the Apollo missions were faked have only watched a few Jarrah White videos and thought "Damn that makes sense, and I never liked those wacky guys from the US anyways. HOAX!" That, IMO, is doing yourself a huge injustice by discounting one of mankind's greatest achievements without taking time to research the questions raised. One of ALL of mankind's greatest achievements, not just one country's. Getting to the moon was a gargantuan undertaking, and still would be today.

In other news: It's funny to read a moon hoax thread and then go right into another discussion with people who are just as adamant that we have all this super secret technology and have been going to Mars since the 70's.
I guess having those two extremes together in one place is one of the things that makes ATS a fun place to hang out!

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Frira

No one seen these yet from LROC lroc.sese.asu.edu.../454-Skimming-the-Moon.html

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Jea right...Now look at the video again frame by frame and tell me that he used his right arm...
He didn't even bend the arm to push from the surface...his arm is straight when he begins to levitate...some magician I must say....

I know that you know that the Moon has one-sixth the gravity of Earth, making his total body and equipment weight of about 136 kilograms (300 pounds) on Earth only 23 kilograms (50 pounds) on the Moon.

So if he used his finger to lift up it is the same like you can try to toss 23 kilograms in the air with only one finger

edit on 7-9-2011 by borutp because: added the video again

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
It weird how easily a major world incident is subject to a million conspiracy theories, even it they dont make sense.

Some project as big as the scale of the Apollo mission involves hundreds of engineers and technicals working years towards the same goal.

If it were just the astronauts and a few govt offficials involved, yes, they may shut up for life about it.
But we're talking about a 1000+ team behind it.....are you telling me they were all shut up.....or all brainwashed...or whatever.....i dont think so.

And that is more conclusive evidence than any photographs, that the mission was as real as it gets.

( Unless the shuttle took off and quietly diverted course, landed on a top secret site, unnoticed by the THOUSANDS monitoring/communicating with it.....staged a moon landing, camped and stoned for a couple of months and came back and said hoorah. hah.)

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join