It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apollo Moon Landings a Hoax? Then Read This

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by GrassyKnoll

How much of a tire is in contact with the ground, that's a footprint. The ground floor area of a skyscraper is it's footprint. You are not up on these things are you.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by masterp
reply to post by Frira

Your imagination is so limited. Yes, the Apollo missions happened. However, that does not mean the astronauts went to the Moon! only the machines went to the Moon. The astronauts were inside a hangar and played live theater for the wolrd.

Your dad need not know anything about it, and also the engineers didn't need to know anything about it.

And before you say "but communications were received in real time and with the appropriate delay from the Moon", I will tell you this: the communication signals were truly sent from the Moon, through a relay station that transmitted the signal it received from the hangar the theater took place.

Look at you! Putting words in my mouth! The sure sign that you know that you have not a leg to stand on.

You started with saying my "imagination is so limited." Is that so? Well, I can imagine a lot, but I also know the difference between what is imagined and what is real. That makes one of us.

You may now retreat back under your bridge (Wait... Are those ogres or trolls? I get them confused-- they both taste like chicken).

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
ok, this picture proves it's a fake.......

LRV high resolution pic

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
My main objection to the moon landings being a hoax has always been and remains the Russians.Who would have been watching every last movement and detail more closely than anyone else but the Russians and if they even remotely suspected there was something not altogether genuine about the mission they would have been the first to make their feelings heard.For it to have been faked you would have to accept that it was done with Russian knowledge and agreement,,I find that heard to believe.Their spies and informants got their noses into almost every U.S secret project from the Norden Bomb Sight to the Nuclear Bomb so it's reasonable they'd have some inside knowledge of what NASA was up to.I'm not the greatest lover of the U.S,I don't mean I'm anti - U.S,not at all but just a sceptical Briton who isn't blinded and dazzled by the American Dream.lol but when it comes to the moon landings I say give the U.S the credit it's due for an outstanding achievement (especially considering the technology of the time).reply to post by Frira

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
This is what I'd accept as photographic proof of the Moon landings.
Close and clear satellite photos from a Japanese(or Russian, Chinese) craft.
That one can actually see the "stuff" without question.

The new Nasa pics are too far away, and with Nasa's history of untruthfulness, I would question anything they put out.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by patternfinder

At least you could have tried to match the jpeg compression blocks.

edit on 9/6/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

At least you could have tried to match the jpeg compression blocks.

edit on 9/6/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

you're right, i could have, but that's not the point, the point is that i CAN fake a picture rather easily so, it's really hard to take internet pics seriously these days....

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Come on Phage, you're usually a pretty smart poster, so this particular post disappoints me. There's plenty of moments in those videos where both the antenna and the wire are seen simultaneously. the length of the wire in the images you posted is clearly much shorter than those in the clips too.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic

How much of a tire is in contact with the ground, that's a footprint.

No it's a tire print.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Yet you ask people to analyze them for you.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Yet you ask people to analyze them for you.

well, i'm interested in people's inputs....

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

In order for that to be true, prior to his raising up he'd have to actually use some kind of extension to propel himself upward. No such action can be seen at any rational time....unless of course the aforementioned late kick-in momentum made its mark here.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

The first photograph shows a tire properly inflated to 35 psi sitting still in the water on the glass plate. This provides an accurate idea of the tire's footprint size and shape.

Look at the images on this link.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Right, there was also leverage.

Where's the fulcrum then?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

edit on 6-9-2011 by patternfinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

A NASA spacecraft has snapped the clearest views ever of the surface of the moon, down to the tyre tracks and footprints left by visiting astronauts decades ago in the lunar soil. A trio of razor-sharp images relayed by NASA's Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter (LRO) show precise new detail of moon landing sites for the Apollo 12, 14 and 17 space missions of the late 1960s and early 70s. The images even reveal the twists and turns in tyre tracks when astronauts who explored the moon using the dune buggy-like lunar rover changed their direction while driving the vehicle. "We can retrace the astronauts' steps with greater clarity to see where they took lunar samples," said Noah Petro, a lunar geologist at NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, Maryland. The images also show distinct trails in the moon's thin soil when the astronauts exited the lunar modules and explored on foot. And in one image from the Apollo 17 mission, it is possible to discern foot traces, including the last path made on the moon by humans. NASA said the stunning new visuals are possible because of changes to the orbit of the low-altitude narrow angle camera that took the photos, allowing them to be taken from a distance of about 21 kilometres. "We made the orbit more elliptical, so the lowest part of the orbit is on the sunlit side of the moon," said John Keller, deputy LRO project scientist. "This put LRO in a perfect position to take these new pictures of the surface." The US space agency, which has seen its budget cut in lean economic times, said in a statement that the images provide a vivid example of why space exploration is so vital and and so worthy of advancing. "These images remind us of our fantastic Apollo history and beckon us to continue to move forward in exploration of our solar system," said Jim Green, director of the Planetary Science Division at NASA headquarters in Washington.

So amusing people actually believe the moon landings were a hoax. This is an article recently posted.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ShiningBeneath

I saw him grab his conrad, maybe that's just me. I've seen a different scene of a different astronaut on the moon get up after falling. It is and was regarded as a serious risk to the external suit from the lunar regolith, that is very abrasive and unevenly edged, but the suits do and did have many layers of material.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Tresker

tresker did you see the photo that i presented?

misclassified.cz.cc...

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Moon landing did happen. It is the pics that NASA provided to the public that is questionable. There are already a lot of evidence that NASA doctored some of the pics that they showed to the public. It's like they are hiding some "unwanted pics" that showed up in the background and most probably, that is really what happened.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

reply to post by ShiningBeneath

I saw him grab his conrad, maybe that's just me. I've seen a different scene of a different astronaut on the moon get up after falling. It is and was regarded as a serious risk to the external suit from the lunar regolith, that is very abrasive and unevenly edged, but the suits do and did have many layers of material.

yes, but like previous poster said, there was no arm extension that would have provoked the sudden jerk that propelled him upward back into a standing stance........

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join