It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apollo Moon Landings a Hoax? Then Read This

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Frira

ATS is a strange place, with folks who deny Apollo moon landings, others who think we have actually have secret technology and are running all over the galaxy. and others who hold both views.

I've read a few of the responses to your post (admittedly not all) and it seems to me that they are missing your point. The Apollo program was a very wide ranging venture. Hundreds of thousands worked long and hard for years, dedicating their lives to it. Engineers, scientists, technicians, craftsmen and laborers of all kinds were involved. Many sacrificed their family life - the divorce rate around Houston and the Cape was sky-high. People don't sacrifice like that for a hoax.

I grew up around the Cape. My father and my grandfather worked there. All my friends fathers did as well. Conspiracy buffs would have you believe all those people - honorable, intelligent people - are either part of a vast cover-up, or have been deceived. This dishonors their great achievement.

I think the conspiracy buffs lack an appreciation for how large Apollo was. Thousands of the best people in their fields were assembled - materials, manufacturing, aeronautics, computing, mathematics, and on-and-on... I don't find it credible that the conspirators would be able to deceive this group to any great degree. Nor do I believe they were part of a cover-up. I've seen the utter joy and pride in accomplishment beaming in the faces of the Apollo workforce when we set foot on the Moon. They were not celebrating a hoax well done.

The word "proof" is thrown around ATS very casually. Just today, new photos of three Apollo landing sites were released, clearly showing Lunar Module decent stage and the tracks where astronauts tread. If this fails to convince you, just what proof do you require?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Komodo

HUGE AMOUNTS OF RISK to equipment and the man themselves and purely against ALL odds we manage to DODGE ALL of this without ripping though the spacesuits, it's equipment, damaging the humans in the suits themselves of not going straight thru themselves not even to mention getting in the controls and what not.. !!! WOW.. !!!! isn't that a miracle !!

I guess you don't believe that the ISS is up there either. That all the EVAs were faked.

edit on 9/6/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

just quoting Wiki phage..

just quoting Wiki..

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Im a 29 year old Mechanical engineer, and I am PROUD to say that i believe, without a doubt, that we went to the Moon..!!!! The people that say it was a Hoax, cant even prove it was a Hoax.

The amount of Man power used to make the Apollo Landings and space program possible is an unbelievable American acheivement in itself.
Im not saying that there arent some crazy other deeply classified Space programs going on right now, and that Nasa might have been a Public space cover for a military space program back from the 50's until now, But we did go to the moon, and ill bet it wasnt just Apollo mission, but military space mission as well.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Yes. And using it to somehow show it is evidence against the Apollo landings. The fact of the ISS shows that your argument is meaningless. But wiki doesn't say "it's a miracle", does it?

No one denies there are risks involved with space exploration and research.

edit on 9/6/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
The space agency managed to get a lunar orbiting camera closer than it's projected altitude to exceed the projected resolution of imaging the Apollo lunar landing sites in time to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the historic events and some people have to make doo doo about it. Like they are mad they can't keep up with the Jones or something, when all NASA was trying to do is display another space mission that exceeded expectations.

It says more about the deniers than it does about NASA.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by patternfinder

No.
He used his right arm.

we must not be watching the same video......

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Ok so, I haven't finished reading all the pages of this post yet, but I will. Something I haven't seen mentioned is this.

When questioned about why they (the doubters) think the US would fake the landing and the landing was a hoax, a lot of the time they say it was done for national pride, to be the first on the moon. Correct?

So if we didn't go to the moon and land, is that to say no one will ever go to to the moon just because we did it first? So 10 or 20 or 50 years from now, no one will go to the moon? No One will ever go to the moon????

Of course the moon will be visited again. (Notice I said again) And when it is, they will see what the US left behind, the proof. Why would the US risk the national pride you non believers bring up and hoax the moon landing only to be found a fraud ten or fifty years from now? That doesn't make any sense. Particularly if it was done simply for national pride.

You can't honestly think no one will ever ever go there, do you?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by astroroach
reply to post by Frira

ATS is a strange place, with folks who deny Apollo moon landings, others who think we have actually have secret technology and are running all over the galaxy. and others who hold both views.

I've read a few of the responses to your post (admittedly not all) and it seems to me that they are missing your point. The Apollo program was a very wide ranging venture. Hundreds of thousands worked long and hard for years, dedicating their lives to it. Engineers, scientists, technicians, craftsmen and laborers of all kinds were involved. Many sacrificed their family life - the divorce rate around Houston and the Cape was sky-high. People don't sacrifice like that for a hoax.

I grew up around the Cape. My father and my grandfather worked there. All my friends fathers did as well. Conspiracy buffs would have you believe all those people - honorable, intelligent people - are either part of a vast cover-up, or have been deceived. This dishonors their great achievement.

I think the conspiracy buffs lack an appreciation for how large Apollo was. Thousands of the best people in their fields were assembled - materials, manufacturing, aeronautics, computing, mathematics, and on-and-on... I don't find it credible that the conspirators would be able to deceive this group to any great degree. Nor do I believe they were part of a cover-up. I've seen the utter joy and pride in accomplishment beaming in the faces of the Apollo workforce when we set foot on the Moon. They were not celebrating a hoax well done.

The word "proof" is thrown around ATS very casually. Just today, new photos of three Apollo landing sites were released, clearly showing Lunar Module decent stage and the tracks where astronauts tread. If this fails to convince you, just what proof do you require?

I wouldn't say it "clearly" shows those things... Also with the technology out nowadays I can make that same picture with adobe.
This is where I'm at... It was after the cold war... propaganda was running high... the Russians just launched a satellite that astonished the world. We HAD to do something to top that... so we HAD to go to the moon. I don't think that we would dress these guys up as American heroes and broadcast live for the entire world to see knowing that the mission could literally blow up in their faces. They had to make it look like we went to the moon. The thing that gets me the most is when they walk... 99% of the time they're clearly (imo) hooked up to wires/cables that support the weight to simulate space.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Glassbender777
Im a 29 year old Mechanical engineer, and I am PROUD to say that i believe, without a doubt, that we went to the Moon..!!!! The people that say it was a Hoax, cant even prove it was a Hoax.

The amount of Man power used to make the Apollo Landings and space program possible is an unbelievable American acheivement in itself.
Im not saying that there arent some crazy other deeply classified Space programs going on right now, and that Nasa might have been a Public space cover for a military space program back from the 50's until now, But we did go to the moon, and ill bet it wasnt just Apollo mission, but military space mission as well.

I believe they have clearly proven it to be a hoax. You just won't be open minded about it.

Also... if you believe it 'without a doubt' then it's clear how foolish you are.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic
reply to post by GrassyKnoll

You don't understand weight distribution do you, it's why a women walking in high heels exerts more pounds per square inch than an 80,000 lb semi does.

Ridiculous! Comparing an astronauts boot to a woman's high heel.

Here are the lunar rover's dimensions:

ares.jsc.nasa.gov...

Prove what you say.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Athin

I wouldn't say it "clearly" shows those things... Also with the technology out nowadays I can make that same picture with adobe.

Do it, show us, lets see your alleged talent, and put a dated watermark stamp that says, oh lets see, how about a 'Cheeseburger'?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Athin

Again, WHAT PROOF DO YOU REQUIRE to believe we landed on the moon? Is their ANY evidence that you would accept?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

reply to post by Athin

Do it, show us, lets see your alleged talent, and put a dated watermark stamp that says, oh lets see, how about a 'Cheeseburger'?

i'll take that one on....which picture do you want me to recreate and put a cheeseburger watermark on? give me a link....

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

80,000 lb semi divided by 18 wheels is 4,444.44 lbs/footprint, average footprint is one square foot which is 144 square inches, which is 30.86 lb/sq in. Tire always on surface so there is a small amount of vertical inertial downforce.

Small woman 100#, steps down on a one square inch heel, is (without downforce inertia factored in, and without a portion of the heel hitting the ground first), 100 lb/sq in, that is 2nd grade math.

Proof from a 2nd grader, didn't they teach you that one yet in school?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I can't post any internet/video/encyclopedia evidence for or against the moon landing actually happening that any of you here have not seen already.
What I can offer is that my father was an Aerospace Engineer working for multiple companies (McDonnell Douglas, Boeing, Allied Signal) and contracted for NASA. I questioned the moon landing when it became popular via the MSM in the 90's (especially the FOX special)...he convinced me with first-hand knowledge that (read this in Jim Carrey's voice from 'Dumb and Dumber') "WE LANDED ON THE MOON!!!!!!"
I'm just a guy on the internet so take it or leave it...

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
This subject seems so decisive, there are the "did" camp and the "didn't" camp.

Myself, I seem to fall on the side of a little of both.
I feel we went, I also feel there were many forces pushing us to get there in the time frame we did.
From other countries beating us to the punch, to the "resources" on the moons surface itself.

Which because of those things, I feel we also put many good people in harms way to meet the deadline.
Not truly knowing all the dangers or issues with such an undertaking of the time.

I would like to believe that as a species, not as an American, but as a species, we meant "...one giant leap for mankind."

Because if we did, and its true, where's the leap? What's happened since then?
Nothing in my eyes.

Sure we have some great tech out there in space, capable of great things...but really?
That's it's?

Doesn't seem right you know?
We can go back and forth about proof for both sides.
But look at our time now, an event like 9/11 with all it's photographic and video data and eye witness accounts, still has not brushed the stigma of a legit event from itself.

So it seems that if we went, we have lost the drive and determination as humans to explore the wonder of our galaxy...
And have pissed away a great feat in mankind's history, and turned it into a drive around the block, just to park the car for 65 years. We can't mine H3 there yet? We put people on the moon for crying out loud.

Or we never went, faked the whole thing, and have been content with our little patch of space since then, warm and fuzzy with the greatest hoax's the world has ever seen, just to feed a countries ego.

Or...
Lets dabble with a little of both.

Lets say we went, and we found something that did change our view of our place on the planet, and in our solar system.
So to not upset the norm, lets sit on this, learn some things, protect the people, you know drill? wink wink

So we edited images to hide that info, and mocked something up for a studio. It would be easier to control the info this way.
Keep images sanitized, while learning more about what ever it is we have found.
Plus we will continue to give the employees projects to do, so they wont know of the hidden agenda at NASA.
While working on better and better tech to continue the exploration unbeknownst to mankind.

And in doing so, have kept mankind in the dark as to its place here, and have squashed tech that could help the world.
Help the world technologically and in a way spiritually as well...
No longer colors and religions, but as humans, knowing that we weren't alone in the grand scheme of things.

But this theory, as all the others still lead to the one question... what have we done lately?
Sure lots of little things have come from space exploration that have made life better for sure.
With what we could have done, to what we can do now...what have we really done?

So it seems no matter where your are, it's all a hoax my friends...

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Here's why I love ATS.... agree or disagree, we're all the wiser for having paid attention to threads like these.

I have to agree with AstroRoach and others here, with the new pics posted today what more proof do you need? No one here will go to the moon so all you'll ever see are pictures, at some point you just have give-in and admit the pictures are real.

They can't be faked forever and ever, especially with private space travel ramping-up... a private firm will get pictures confirming the moon landing as well. Will they be in on the conspiracy as well?
edit on 6-9-2011 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

80,000 lb semi divided by 18 wheels is 4,444.44 lbs/footprint, average footprint is one square foot which is 144 square inches, which is 30.86 lb/sq in. Tire always on surface so there is a small amount of vertical inertial downforce.

Small woman 100#, steps down on a one square inch heel, is (without downforce inertia factored in, and without a portion of the heel hitting the ground first), 100 lb/sq in, that is 2nd grade math.

Proof from a 2nd grader, didn't they teach you that one yet in school?

#1 Explain how an 18 wheeler has a footprint?

#2 I asked you to prove that an astronauts footprint produces more pressure than the mars lunar rover wheel

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by patternfinder

Put the LRV on an areal moon image to scale, the scale would help. (we wouldn't see a real cheeseburger). I don't care so what.

Better would be to show Photoshop artifacts of images you dispute authenticity of. You can't, because most uploads erase original image data, especially uploads here on ATS. So you see, you can't prove a negative, is the overall theme here. You would need the actual image source before it went on the internet.

Some military image sites embed the original camera and software data, they also add copyright and photographer data as well as image location/time/etc. I don't think, and I am sure the image processors on the NASA archive or the ASU LRO image processors do that, I have tried to find the data in file info and it's not there.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Frira

A very insightful thread. I myself grew up during the moon landings. I remember stopping everything when the networks would interrupt regular programming to televise important times during the landings and various space walks. I still remember it like it was yesterday.

I always had a hard time believing the moon landings were a hoax. It sure seemed real to me complete with Walter Cronkite announcing at times when we lost video or audio contact. I remember watching in suspense during their descent and the time they would lose contact during re-entry. We would all give a sigh of relief when we saw the parachutes opening. The failed Apollo thirteen mission had everyone glued to the TV.

The only thing that I found puzzling is why they abruptly stopped going to the moon. Did your Dad ever talk to you about that?

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join