It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apollo Moon Landings a Hoax? Then Read This

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

The two are not comparable. That "physics jazz" has something to do with it but you're talking about the difference between something about 200 miles away as opposed to something 250,000 miles away.

The demands of a lunar base are much greater than those of one in Earth orbit. The risks of long term radiation exposure on the Moon are greater. Supply is much costlier. Construction is much costlier. That "physics jazz" is pretty important to both though.

edit on 9/6/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by CapSolo
I'm sure you have fond memories but it's easy to lie to a child. Do you really think someone working with NASA would show his son data notebooks and films? Don't you think that he would be afraid that his child would go running around telling his friends and teachers and stealing some of those reels and notebooks like his daddy's playboys?
This sounded fishy to me..just saying.

I think you need read the OP again. He was given the notebooks and films to take home. He shared them because he liked that his son was so involved.

As for "easy to lie to a child", well, maybe your Mom and Dad, but not my Dad. He didn't raise me to be a fool.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Here comes the crazy talk, we already have a base there, the UK hacker McKinnon found a "non-terrestrial astronaut" list.

McKinnon: I also got access to Excel spreadsheets. One was titled "Non-Terrestrial Officers." It contained names and ranks of U.S. Air Force personnel who are not registered anywhere else. It also contained information about ship-to-ship transfers, but I've never seen the names of these ships noted anywhere else.

WN: Could this have been some sort of military strategy game or outline of hypothetical situations?

McKinnon: The military want to have military dominance of space. What I found could be a game -- it's hard to know for certain.

Source: www.wired.com...

More...

"What was the most exciting thing you saw?" I ask.

"I found a list of officers' names," he claims, "under the heading 'Non-Terrestrial Officers'."

"Non-Terrestrial Officers?" I say.

"Yeah, I looked it up," says Gary, "and it's nowhere. It doesn't mean little green men. What I think it means is not earth-based. I found a list of 'fleet-to-fleet transfers', and a list of ship names. I looked them up. They weren't US navy ships. What I saw made me believe they have some kind of spaceship, off-planet."

"The Americans have a secret spaceship?" I ask.

"That's what this trickle of evidence has led me to believe."

"Some kind of other Mir that nobody knows about?"

"I guess so," says Gary.

"What were the ship names?"

"I can't remember," says Gary.

Source: www.thelivingmoon.com...

These astronauts are part of NASA and DoD classified shuttle missions that typically fly out of Kwajalein Atoll.

More info: en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 6-9-2011 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

The demands of a lunar base are much greater than those of one in Earth orbit. The risks of long term radiation exposure on the Moon are greater.

Even if they did land on the Moon. Did they know about the PEL Permissible Exposure Limit or STEL Short Term Exposure Limit of radiation while on the moon during that time. I know they just didn't take a shot in the dark and say we are going to land on the moon.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Frira

Thank you, Frira. Like you, I watched the missions. My dad was in the Army, in the Intelligence Division and I saw some of the things "on the fringes." Like you, I saw the technology develop and saw it fail (trial and error.) I sat up and watched the live tv feeds... and miss the days when the whole nation would literally stop to watch a launch. I miss the days when the Florida highways were full of stopped cars for miles and miles as everyone watched launches. I miss the satellite watchers and the Ham radio clubs who tracked the missions.

I miss those years, when science was a heroic endeavor (not like folks today think of it) and we actively searched for knowledge (learning math, chemistry, biology, etc) to move forward. Those were such optimistic times, in spite of the world's problems.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by patternfinderi see no dust on the feet of the lunar landing along with no crater beneath it..in fact, it doesn't even look like anything was disturbed.....but, the astronots had mud all over their boots and were leaving foot prints which tells me that the substrate was loose enough to have blown all over the place even with a much smaller psi than the rocket was using to land with.....I will add that I have had plenty of experience in my life with which to gauge reality by.....and just because you remember some aspects of the mission fondly doesn't make it so......there are alot of government conspiracies that have happened where the general laymen that were involved had no clue as to what was really going on behind the scenes, then one day they are surprised as we are when the news gets leaked out and is all over the news......

I was alive then and watched the news footage and felt all fuzzy.

Do I believe they went to the moon? Yes.

Do I believe for some reason some of the footage was faked? Yes.

As so well put by Patternfinder above, how does a 10k lb thrust motor not dig a hole into a powdery surface? The motor's exhaust vent is mere inches above the ground and yet its perfectly undisturbed.

To anyone saying they cut the engine off long before they landed, watch the video's. I vaguely recall someone being worried that the engine would blast a crater so big the lander would sink into it. This fact alone, backed up by high resolution pictures, videos, Neil Armstrong testimony coming out of the lander, has me scratching my head.

Any good conspiracies have elements of truth in them.

link   

You're right. They didn't take a shot in the dark. They did a lot of research about it, learned a lot and developed plans.
www.braeunig.us...

edit on 9/6/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

link   
well folkes youse just want never beleive we went there unless you your self was took. as for me I beleive those people,pliots,navy seals,and the others who work or went there for us. Did we leave any thing yes the plate form that the module took off from and a flag(first mission) and on the second we left a for wheel ridder,module but no flag. the golf ball land on the white house lawn.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
oh also the reason you dont see what we left any more the people on the other side of the moon got it.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedigirati
sorry I missed the name, however in reply as to why the footpaths are darker then the lunar roves tracks, they didn't "walk" on the moon, it was more a shuffling gait, stirring up more lunar soil then the ROUND tires of the rover

The footpaths should be intermittent and not solid dark lines.

Given that the gravity of the moon is 1/6 th the earth's; the astronaut strides should be much larger than the average earth stride of 3 ft or so.

How could they cover all that distance in just a few short hours?

The video footage I've seen clearly shows the astronauts hopping and not dragging their boots. One of the astronauts even sings about hopping and skipping on the moon.

More like the high desert of Nevada?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by KonquestAbySS
Even if they did land on the Moon. Did they know about the PEL Permissible Exposure Limit or STEL Short Term Exposure Limit of radiation while on the moon during that time. I know they just didn't take a shot in the dark and say we are going to land on the moon.

Yes, and in fact, they talked about it on the nightly news (which was a lot more fact and a lot less "personality" than it is today.) NASA programs before and after the launch included a lot of detail about this... engineers (people who knew the math and ran the slide rulers (no calculators back then)) talked about it. We seldom got "personality reporters" talking about these things. And scientists (no matter how un-photogenic) talked about the science.

Sensationalism was kept to a minimum. Speculative stories ("we might get hit by COMETS") were kept to comic books and B movies. It was "just the facts" and the public was treated by the media as though it was made up of intelligent thinkers rather than people with 5 second attention spans seeking to find things to amuse and shock them.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by patternfinder
i see BELLE M. from that 8*3*11 site in this pic!!!

click here to see it...just above the LRV in the crater.....
edit on 6-9-2011 by patternfinder because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-9-2011 by patternfinder because: (no reason given)

oh my, no one wants to see the photoshop i did with the pic??????? heres the link again

misclassified.cz.cc...

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
The moon landings may have actually occurred but some of the pictures faked. That is my own personal guess. Here's my favorite, direct from NASA.

Check out all the astronaut's footprints around the rover, especially in front of and behind the left front 'tire'. Nice soft dirt. How'd the lunar rover get there? Where are the tire tracks in that nice soft dirt? They should be there with the footprints. Oh, well, the rover was put there with a crane. What crane?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Detergent

I see its tire tracks clearly in the background when the image is viewed at full size. And if you look closely, you can see the turn it took to get to that position. Excellent pic, super high quality.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thanks for your constructive criticism, much appreciated.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Very nice post. Well at least it was a nice start. And of course in true ATS form the trolls came out of the woodwork to insult you. I have never seen a bigger bunch of armchair looserssss as I have here on ATS....

They have reduced every major event to a conspiracy. What a bunch of whiney little a-holes.......

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by GrassyKnoll

You know the suits were very restricting being pressurized and heavy, but your not really interested in that kind of stuff, in this thread was a link to all of the data of every Apollo mission. But for a wild chance you have any interest to find out anything, Apollo Lunar Surface Journal

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by tom1701

So what did you bring to the table besides criticizing? Are you the one who is trolling?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Detergent

I see the tire tracks behind the rover, but you obviously don't want to see them.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

Yes that IS an excellent photo. These guys weren't even photographers, but they did talk about the extensive training they had to endure to learn how to work them, and that wasn't their primary mission to shoot pretty pictures. What it illustrates is their tremendous attention to detail on all of their mission training.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join