It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats with these arrogant people who think aliens are demons?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Do not be confused between fundies calling aliens demons (the only trick in their bag) - and those that know we are surrounded by other dimensional life 24/7.

Similary and equally blinkered are those who are stuck in the materialist reductionist paradigm, for whom intelligenty giuded lights in the sky have to be alien spaceships, because that is their only trick in the bag.

The complete absence of solid tangible proof, or even a clear photo - ought to be ovewhelmingly convincing to any rational person that we are simply not dealing with 'nuts and bolts aliens'

The fact that every single one of the facets of the UFO phenomina is essentially identical to the age old phenomina of Faeries, Jinns, demons, 'gods' etc.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrnBdry
The people that believe aliens are demons are bible thumpers. Aliens go against everything they believe in and were taught about god and creation. But with more and more mounting evidence that aliens are real, they have to change their way of thinking, and their stories so that 1, people will still go to church and shell out money, 2, everything they've ever been taught was pretty much a lie, and they can't handle it so they twist information to fit the lies, 3, their way of living still has meaning, and 4, if aliens exist, they must be demons, cause that's the only thing that makes sense to brain washed simpletons who've been lied to all their lives.

Aliens are not demons. Demons don't exist. Aliens do exist. Everything these bible people believe in is fantasy. Invisable gods, invisable spirits, invisable demons, invisable heaven, invisable hell, invisable angels, invisable everything. Such a magical world.

Thing is, when I was a kid, and we thougt of stuff like that, it was called pretending. We imagined playing with an imaginary friend, or role played we were in a western bar and we did shoot outs.

Their whole life is pretending. Its an imaginary world. Why they cannot distinguish that from reality, is beyond me. People loocked up in looney bins have less of an imagination then these people.
edit on 6-9-2011 by BrnBdry because: (no reason given)

Any proof to your claims?

No, just conjecture and hate on religious folk.

Thanks for playing try again when you have something factual to contribute. . .

If they are really aliens then why was Jack Parsons of Jet Propulsion Lab performing rituals of Babylon then when he died in an explosion (still classified what happened) in 1947. Later in 1947 at the 33rd parallel came the UFO of Roswell. Phoenix lights at 33rd parallel. Animal mutilations (right because they need to probe cattle when they can travel through space) are another clue as to the nature of the beings. Why are all the NASA patches based off of hermetic and Rosicrucian/ free masonic symbols?

I think it is the Atheist who is confronted by the unexplainable nature of the encounters and due to their hatred of religion (should I jsut put Roman Catholicism since they are too stupid to identify other religions?) they must explain them all away as aliens.
edit on 6-9-2011 by MasterGemini because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Caioneach
Over and over i read where people say that aliens are not just beings from another part of the galaxy but are in fact demons sent from hell to decieve humanity and lead us all into oblivion.

How arrogant can you be to think that your religion that has been drilled into your head over and over is right about an endless universe? How arrogant are you to think that humans are the only intelligent life form in the universe?

There are religions that existed at one point that said aliens not only were not demons but actually helped humans in development. Many of them were curiously enough destroyed and nearly erased forever by christianity. There has been far more demonic stuff done in the name of worshipping god than for any other reason. To be so small minded as to say "theyre not from earth, they must be demons" is ridiculous.

And i do acknowledge that there could be aliens who are not benevolent and want to destroy. but that doesnt make them demons it just makes them malevolent.

Please everybody just try open yourmind and understand that the earth is but a grain of sand on a beach. There is no way we could be the only ones. Enough with the self-absorbed, geocentric view of the universe. Enough with thinking that aliens have the same thought process as humans. Humans are barely of chimps as far as genes and actually as far as thought process goes. Like George Carlin said, were monkeys with automatic weapons and baseball caps.

We gotta stop thinking of what we'd do if aliens invaded earth, because lets face it if aliens invaded earth we be SOL.

Call me arrogant, call me a bigot, call me whatever you like!

What we think of as 'space aliens' are in fact DEMONS.

They have a spiritual agenda, always have and always will. I suffered from so called 'aliens' attempting to abduct me more than a dozen times as a teenager. They always create an atmosphere of fear and never an atmosphere of peace. They have taken many different forms in the past, today it seems that their favourite disguise is a 'grey alien'.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by JohhnyBGood

Thanks for bringing this us, JohhnyBGood.

While I am a christian believer, you bring to light a valid point I'd like to see emphasized more often - not all believers reduce their faith some mere spiritual weirdness, but actually extend it to a multi-dimensional belief system relating better to inter-/hyper-dimensional realities and entities as compared to simply a good vs. evil "spiritual" take on things. The spiritual is merely a shallow label addressing truth of existence across a range of dimensions, and I believe that all the old accounts of such strange beings, while sometimes remembered inaccurately, are in good part nonetheless true.

In addition, a lot of non-believers like to give the concept of faith a hard time, without realizing how such things relate to some findings at the quantum level, placebo effect, and the like. I think they world is a lot more strange and fascinating than a good chunk of either side tends to believe, and that energies of various sorts play a much larger role than typical physical or 'scientific' limitations allow.

Be well.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Just because someone has different beliefs than you, it does not make them arrogant. The fact is, no one knows whether these beings are demons, extra-terrestrials, angels, from another dimension, or that they even exist. The purpose of this website is to discuss different points of view, so that collectively we share or opinions, thoughts, and discoveries with one another. To infer that anyone with a different opinion is somehow arrogant is very prejudice on your part.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Well to be fair it was Dr J Allen Hynek and Jacques F Vallee two of the most respected UFO experts ever, came to the conclusion that due to the laws of physics being broken by these flying objects and that they seem to just pop in to our airspace that these beings seem to be almost DEMONIC in nature and some but not all must be of an extra dimension from ours,their words not mine and the fact that most scientists say its crazy that if they take ages to travel to our planet even at the speed of light they just have a little look around and go it just does not make sense?
There may not be a God there might be a God but if you check out the Sumerian gods the Anunaki they seem to have bird like wings like the Biblical Angels and also the Sumerian Anunaki are very similar to the Watchers/Grigori in the book of Enoch.

The UFO phenomena is the most strangest mystery for us humans, are there extra terrestrials? Probably, are there extra dimensional beings? Probably, are there beings so powerful out there in the cosmos that they may be well beyond using space craft and evolved into spiritual beings of energy and they may look down at us as we would look down on termites and the termites think they are all it? Probably. Could there be a being so powerful that is even older than the universe and at war with beings that are not as powerful but evil? Hey who knows its a big scary universe if you can prove to me there is a God or not great but do you know what we are just little children on the scale of things, so have an open mind but not too open that your brain falls out.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I think I get where you were trying to go with this OP. And I can appreciate the frustration of wanting to have a discussion that is somewhat an amalgam of astronomy, scientific theory and eyewitness testimony, only to have to manage responses insisting our intergallactic interlopers are in fact ye olde daemons of Christianity. I read your post to mean that it's freakishly frustrating to "argue" with anyone insisting that the one religion they were introduced to and embraced - one religion out of the thousands the planet has seen - has imbued them with the supernatural and interstellar knowledge necessary to take an informed step in any direction, as the reward for following said religion's deity. Which yes, for me personally, is arrogant. I mean, who's to say it isn't the Zoroastrians with an original copy of the book signed by the big guy/gal?

However, I'm glad I continued to read the responses. All of the arguments insisting "No, you're arrogant!" aside, there are possibilities to consider alongside the alien hypothesis, such as hyperdimensional beings. Are they still aliens? Well I kind of think so, considering they would exist in a dimension my brain may have difficulty perceiving and accurately translating. But you get what I'm saying here.

Had you replaced the word "arrogant" with the word "elementary" as a way to portray their conclusions as those we would all have drawn 600 years ago, your post may have held the vitriol at bay. Then again, I kind of like replacing "arrogant" with "provincial" but realized it may be more argumentative.

This whole understanding the universe is the most complicated endeavor uptaken by mankind. Commensurate with its complexity, we may all be required to turn over every stone to come to an understanding, including texts written thousands of years ago about beings we regarded as gods.

But I didn't read your post as an assassination of all things religious, and perhaps other responders may find some forgiveness for you.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
The explanation for this is very simple. If Christians don't understand something...literally anything at all...then their reflexive response is to assume that it is satanic by default.

Catholicism didn't concede that the Earth revolved around the Sun without a fight; so the concept of extraterrestrial life simply doesn't compute for most Christians at all. The entire Christian cosmology presupposes that humanity is at the centre of the universe. Refute that, and their entire model collapses.

It thus makes a lot of sense, that your average Christian doesn't want anything to do with the idea of extraterrestrial life. Their belief system simply doesn't have room for it. Whenever governmental authorities have spoken in confidence about not being able to engage in disclosure because of it causing an unmanageable panic, the reaction from Semitic monotheists, specifically, is primarily what they were talking about.

Extraterrestrials are a good example of a concept which exists outside the Christian view of reality, and therefore cannot be reconciled with it, or accounted for within it. Another example is indigenous or aboriginal groups. Christians assume that it was impossible for indigenous societies to have any relationship with God before they arrived on the scene, so they likewise assume that any aboriginal person who hasn't heard of Jjesus, is automatically going to Hell, regardless of the sort of person they were morally.
edit on 6-9-2011 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Looking at the our existence and the universe around us. There exists equal and opposites of everything in order to create balance and symmetry.

That same universal law applies to everything in that there are equal and opposites that work to balance one another.

Though I do feel that just as we believe in good there must also exist it's polar opposite as in the existence of evil as well.

Thus the plausibility of there existing Bad Aliens as well as Good Aliens almost most certainly must exist, simply in accordance with these basic laws of the Universe.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

Do you even know the difference between Christianity and Catholicism? Judaism and Kabbalah? Rosecrucian and Theosophy?

You seem to have a VERY poor understanding of the historical backgrounds of the religions and their various teachings and practices.

Oh and I love all the evidence you linked to to back your opinion up.

Keep up the poor work.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by MasterGeminiI think part of the serpent in the old testament comes from the serpent that guarded the special forest in The Epic of Gilgamesh, and also at the end a serpent slithers off with the tree that was after.
Ha. As far as eerie goes, the Aboriginies of Austrailia, their view of the creation/flood is far closer to the Biblical one.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by MasterGemini
Oh and I love all the evidence you linked to to back your opinion up.

Keep up the poor work.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Caioneach

Whats with these arrogant people who think aliens are demons?

Let's not assume the worst of people simply because they approach a common problem from a different direction. Personally, I don't see any reason at all why ET could not be demons or angels or, conversely, angels and demons actually ET.

If one believes in creation, then we know that God and the angels were around before mankind or perhaps, the Earth. This defines both God and angels as being extraterrestrial at the very least. There are some very good arguments for UFOs being something far more complex than just another life form from another star.

Here's a question in return: Would you question the arrival of Christ or the Mahdi? I mean, should we immediate trust anything that appears in our sky just because it is capable of manipulating energy and matter in ways that are far beyond our capabilities? Should we automatically assume that ET is benevolent any more than a deity?

The moment we bow down to either... we become a second class race subservient to masters. Whether those masters are angels or demons or ET, has little bearing.
edit on 6-9-2011 by redoubt because: typos

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by HangTheTraitors
The "aliens are demons" assumption originates from the off-the-wall end-timers of the Christian faith who are desperately trying to interpret fairy tales and imaginary characters with martians from outer-space.

Two crazy superstitions rolled into one silly huge fear-mongering fail.

I used to believe in it too... until I started thinking for myself instead of relying on the end-time sites to think for me...

I was once a delusional end-time nutter too.

Oh well, glad to have awoken.
Just to make this a bit more clear. A lot of Christians think that the end of time nutters are "desperately trying to interpret fairy tales and imaginary characters with martians from outer-space". Most end of times b.s. is doesn't even remotely align with the Bible. "But what abou Revelation?" This was written with a lot of heavy imagry that meant something to the 7 churches it was written to. To know what the heck is going on you have to both know in detail what the culture (in 7 cities!) was like, how they phrased things, how much of it is from earlier texts in the Bible (re
aniel, Christ's weeping for the fall of Jerusalem in the Gospels, how much of the pictoral representation has to do with Christ's birth) / *sigh* It takes a lot of tapdancing to make a mountain out of a molehill.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Creatures that torment, kidnap the unwilling, perform strange sexual rituals on persons, instill fear by their very presence, speak through persons by chaneling, use deception (hiding from the public), attempt to discredit the work of Christ and question God's Word, communicate telepathically, have a cult following of defenders and worshippers who believer that they are in fact gods (created life on Earth), have the ability to violate the laws of physics, ie walk through walls, and run for the hills when Jesus name is invoked...

Deductive reasoning where did you go????

If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, according to most ATS members, it's obviously Planet X in a duck costume running from Elenin

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by m1991
Dinosaur bones contradict your belief this planet is 6,000 years old? The devil put them bones there!
Oh, no, non-believers do the same thing--even for Dino bones.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
To be honest, there's about as much proof for "greys" as there is for "demons/angels". I would imagine none of us here have seen greys, or demons/angels, but still believe they exist from what other people have claimed about them.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheFlash
I used to try the same thing and in all the years that the Internet has existed never once did I ever see a religious person respond to such a message reply with \\\"My goodness! You are right! Thank you for opening my eyes! \\\" or anything of the kind.
Why should your posts gain that reaction? It's not like fervently non-christians ever post that to a Christian over their strongly oppositional beliefs, either. If your beliefs are so easy to change, then you have no reason to have founded your life-long behaviors on them. Your asking people to give up WHO they are when you challenge them, not merely what they believe.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Reply to post by Caioneach

You've identified the percieved problem, they are arrogant. Arrogance and fantasy mix together in a funny way. Kind of like listening to witch hunters argue with mufons about what's more real. There is no god he literally died from laughing at us long before any religious text appeared

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Praetorius
Secondly, why would they lurk around in the background when they got here, abducting/abusing/implanting people, mutilating animals, and primarily challenging tenets of christianity when some sort of communication occurs and matters of religion come up (according to some reports, anyway...)?
The rest was very sound, and this is still a viable arguement, but just one point: Hitler. Hitler was most definately a human, as were his followers. Possible Demon posession aside, the scientists under Hitler did all that for a vast number of reasons, but clearly there was a lack of belief in EVERY life being sacred. If a "superior being" (demon, alien, transdimensional, superevovled mutants, etc., folks from the future) finds humanity inferior, or not deserving of benevolence, this brutal treatment of abductees makes perfect sense. It's the Human thing to do.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join