It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats with these arrogant people who think aliens are demons?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I heard the Vatican doesn't believe in that crap.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by MasterGemini
reply to post by CynicalDrivel

demons comes from daemons I believe meaning wise ones in greek
Which means that Confuscious fits the bill. Considering that a lot of the "demon posessed" were soothsayers, historically, that make a lot of sense.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by CynicalDrivel

Daemon
en.wikipedia.org...

TextIn classical and Hellenistic philosophy Carnelian gem imprint representing Socrates, Rome, 1st century BC-1st century AD. Though in Homer the words θεοί (gods) and δαίμονες (divinities) were practically synonymous,[7] later writers like Plato developed a distinction between the two.[8] Plato in Cratylus (398 b) gives the etymology of δαίμονες (daimones) from δαήμονες (daēmones) (=knowing or wise), though in fact the root of the word is more probably daiō (to distribute destinies).[9] In Plato's Symposium, the priestess Diotima teaches Socrates that love is not a god, but rather a "great daemon" (202d). She goes on to explain that "everything daemonic is between divine and mortal" (202d-e), and she describes daemons as "interpreting and transporting human things to the gods and divine things to men; entreaties and sacrifices from below, and ordinances and requitals from above..." (202e). In Plato's Apology of Socrates, Socrates claimed to have a daimonion (literally, a "divine something")[10] that frequently warned him - in the form of a "voice" - against mistakes but never told him what to do.[11] However, the Platonic Socrates never refers to the daimonion as a daimōn; it was always an impersonal "something" or "sign".[12]

Old Testament

In the Old Testament, evil spirits appear in the book of Judges and Kings. In the Greek translation of the Septuagint, made for the Greek-speaking Jews of Alexandria, the Greek Άγγελος angelos translates mal'ak, while daimon (or neuter daimonion) carries the meaning of a natural spirit that is less than divine and translates Hebrew words for idols, alien gods of the Hebrews' neighbors, some hostile natural creatures, and natural evils.[6] The usage of daimon in the New Testament's original Greek text, caused the Greek word to be applied to the Judeo-Christian concept of an evil spirit by the early 2nd century AD.

In the Koran they talk about the Dajjal and Jinn (Genies in bottles).

Spirit World 1 - Evidence of the Ether
www.youtube.com...
A documentary exposing the magical techniques used by secret societies, shamans, physics & scientist to speak with the dead.

The TV and the Cathode Ray Tube are also connected to the conspiracy
John Logie Baird and the illuminati
bestorworstconspiracytheories.blogspot.com...

edit on 5-9-2011 by MasterGemini because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by FarBeyondDriven69
Common sense would tell us that we will find good and bad aliens and everything in between just take a look at the human race. I also think you could deceive someone into thinking all aliens are demons, let just hope when we meet our space brothers they haven't been told we are the demons.
Halo explores that concept. When Whites went to Japan, many looked like their demons. The Aztecs thought that the Spainards were Gods. This concept is absolutely not new, and long term, thinking the other creature is a demon is far more easy to fix than thinking that they are a God.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Oh, that makes it look like the Christians have Demonised Demons.
I remember hearing that the Jewish tradition of Christ's time held the belief that Demons were merely human spirits who would not leave the living alone.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalDrivel
Oh, that makes it look like the Christians have Demonised Demons.
I remember hearing that the Jewish tradition of Christ's time held the belief that Demons were merely human spirits who would not leave the living alone.

That is why I posted the link the Pharmacratic Inquisition talk. It is a gnostic based teaching and discusses shamans and the spirit world's use of mind altering substances. Anyways to tie it in, I remember watching a documentary of a man who journeyed down to South America to participate in a shaman's ritual by using the shaman's homemade '___'. The shaman even tells the guy at one point not to interact with certain spirits because they are dangerous.

I think there are good and bad. The Bible is so tampered with (Thanks especially to Roman emperor Constantine) that it is easy to assume that there were miss translations.

But it is also possible they call them demons because angels means messenger (of God) so if they are spirits nor representing God they are not to be trusted, thus demons. LoL wise does not mean friendly.

I think part of the serpent in the old testament comes from the serpent that guarded the special forest in The Epic of Gilgamesh, and also at the end a serpent slithers off with the tree that was after.

Serpent UFO's come to mind

The similarities of The Old Testament and Gilgamesh are crazy.

Anyways, the 33rd parallel and ley lines is important when discussing UFOs as they tend to go hand in hand with religious buildings. Wonder what sort of weird effect is causing that?
edit on 5-9-2011 by MasterGemini because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
geez!

having been raised in roman catholicism, it behooves me to inform you that:

1-that i never ate the bread of death or drank of the cup of abominations, just so you know where i'm coming from. i was very religious as a child, also highly intelligent, inquisitive, studious [bibliophilia], and so on. the RCC is very assidious in "educating" it's members.

as voltaire so aptly put it, the best school for the atheist is the study of the bible, sooo....

currently a shamanic-gnostic-pantheist, or what ever i'm calling myself at the moment.

all this empowers and confers me, the authority to unequivocably state that:

2-a demon, is a spiritual entity at war with god.

that's all.

to claim that extraterrestrials are demons is part of a build up in a old secret war, which is also engaged in exterminating the elementals, which is in itself part of an older war:

the term "powers and principalities of the air" has been hijacked by the MIC for purposes of waging a war of extermination against Air elementals [Sylphs]Sylphs educate-yourself.org...

Who Makes Crop Circles? educate-yourself.org...

I believe crop circles are created by planetary elementals of the air called "Sylphs". Sylphs may also be called "Wingmakers". In the Encyclopedia of the Occult by Manley P. Hall, the chief Sylph is named Shad and he is very ancient and powerful.

The Sylphs coordinate weather, climate, forest growth, forest fires, land animal migrations, bird migrations and the dissolution of static magnetics (Dor) in the atmosphere. They are INTRA-dimensional existing in both the third and fourth dimensional densities.

I heard about "Powers of the Air" as far back as 1970. I saw a female Sylph above West Vancouver in 1972. In 1984 I bought Trevor James Constable's book on infrared photography of Sylphs in which they have amoeba-like heat signatures on the specially prepared photographic plates. They are actually slender beings as the Greek term sylph means thin. Constable wrote that the USAF as far back as 1960 set up microwave defenses against Sylphs who they blamed for gremlins in aircraft and psychic disturbances against pilots. It is probable that the USAF was in violation of natural law and the Sylphs were trying to correct the Air Force's practises. Crop Circles are a continuation of the Sylph's desire to warn men to stop their environmental, psychic and spiritual crimes.

In Colorado, high speed low light video cameras show activity above thunderstorms during lightning strikes. Flashes move high into the stratosphere. The rapid movements of electricity and light are called Elfs and Sprites, appropriately they should be called Sylphs because the thunderstorms were generated by Sylphs, the ancient, wise, august and huge ones. Regular video cameras and 35mm cameras catch "Rods" corkscrewing quickly around people and through trees. Rods are baby Sylphs and other fauna of the intradimensional realm of the air.

They have been drawing designs in grainfields forever. Indians of North America have interacted with Sylphs in many ceremonies including rain-dances. After a rain-dance there is a circle in the prairie grasses where no feet have tread. These holy circles were marked with stones and called medicine wheels. Within hours rain would fall.

They crop circles of the last few years have become more complex as the Sylphs become more desirous that men stop their abominations. The crop circles are made using the same energy that goes into generating rain storms. The Sylphs are generating a love message to raise the consciousness of humanity, written on the only available tablets to which they have access. The graphics are highly intelligent loving cartouches.

U.S. Air Force versus Wingmakers educate-yourself.org...

[Editor's Note: In 1959, Trevor J. Constable published a book called They Live in the Sky. The book included infrared photographs that Trevor had taken of huge, plasmoid-like living creatures that he referred to as "critters". His 1976 masterpiece, The Cosmic Pulse of Life, also contained a number of stunning infrared photos of critters photographed in the late 1960's with Dr. James Wood. In addition to his own photos, Trevor was able to include many spectacular infrared shots photographed in Italy by the late Luciano Bocconne of Genoa.. These photos reveal long processions of critters flying across the sky, an entire fleet of critters drawing energy from a steel production plant, time lapse photos of critters being drawn to street lights, making sharp turns, reversals, and even materializing/dematerializing. The fascinating essay you are about to read offers new and expanded insights into the subject of Sylphs, creatures which appear to be one and the same with Trevor's "critters"...Ken Adachi]

Sylphs are sylph shaped, like slender graceful young women. Paracelsus coined the term to apply to creatures of the air that he witnessed. Sylphs are male and female and they grow larger over their long lives, yet they retain their willowy appearance. Shad, their chief, is hundreds of feet tall and is approaching the size that he will find it more comfortable to migrate to the belt of comets beyond Pluto's orbit. Sylphs have no problem flying through space even though they are borne of the air and aether. Each comet is a being, an ancient sylph. When Halley's Comet returned in 1986 its magnetic field could be photographed creating a bow-shock and wake in the solar magnetic field 100,000 miles away from the dirty snowball of the 10 mile long comet body. That means the magnetic field of the INTRA-dimensional cometary being is 100,000 miles across. The comet core is like a pearl in a very large oyster.

Trevor James Constable, wrote about the US Air Force sending out Foo-Fighters during the Second World War to photograph and possibly shoot down the wing enveloping lights which were spooking their bomber crews. The German airmen were seeing similar phenomena and they named them gremlins. These gremlins were also known to cause mechanical problems in aircraft. Constable does not cite the bombing runs during which the Foo-gremlins caused problems but knowing Sylphs it was probably during the fire-bombings of Dresden and other cities where innocent civilians were killed. The Sylphs are advanced consciousnesses and they would have deemed such murder as entirely evil. The Luftwaffe may have seen gremlins during their bombings of London, Stalingrad and Leningrad where many people were killed.

Shad who personally witnessed the atomic war of 2024 BC and the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki in 1945 would harrass B-52 pilots and crews in such a way to let them know that what they are doing with atomic weaponry was stupid. Shad would activate or shut down non-essential systems. Also he would find fatal flaws in the systems which could cause crashes and point out where the problems were while the plane was still on the ground. Shad may have prevented the crashes of many atomic bomb carrying aircraft, "broken-arrows". These Sylphs were a pest to the pilots and ground crews and in many ways prevented the USAF from carrying out their missions. So the Air Force developed ways of detecting and repelling Sylphs.

this is not to mention past mass demonizations/murders like the albigensians and cathars, or women >cough< i meant witches.

are aliens demons or demonized?

your choice, no, really.

don't forget the very important choice you have to make
on the day of 4 Motion: Timeless Freedom or Eternal Slavery.

your choice, no, really.

and lest any one think i'm trolling

you're wrong,

i'm just cutting to the heart of the matter.
edit on 6-9-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
The "aliens are demons" assumption originates from the off-the-wall end-timers of the Christian faith who are desperately trying to interpret fairy tales and imaginary characters with martians from outer-space.

Two crazy superstitions rolled into one silly huge fear-mongering fail.

I used to believe in it too... until I started thinking for myself instead of relying on the end-time sites to think for me...

I was once a delusional end-time nutter too.

Oh well, glad to have awoken.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Many demonic possession and attack cases are similar to alien abduction etc.
Sexual acts, probing, inducing fear etc are some of the similarities.
I am not saying I agree with it but it certainly has some credit.
Also inter dimensional beings also makes a lot of sense rather than aliens from other planets. Since other dimensions have been proven to exist.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Thank you! I was gonna make this thread.

Sigh, people are so blinded by organized religion. Literally. It's like everything that goes against your narrow world view, is demonic.

Dinosaur bones contradict your belief this planet is 6,000 years old? The devil put them bones there!

Earth is not the center of the Universe? The devil is tricking people's eyes!

Aliens exist? They are demons trying to deceive us into thinking we are not alone!

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
I say :
if the thought of intelligent species out-there threatens their faith, then it's a good sign.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
I personally think that all this demonic aliens crap is part of the disinformation agenda. In my opinion this is completely retarded and meant to influence the weak-minded, i.e. the masses.

It is obvious that there is a massive throw-in of this disinfo coupled with countless youtube videos and texts of the so-called research. This is quite similar to the Elenin disinfo attack, don't you think? The demon aliens hypothesis is on its early stages of development and I would not be surprised if it reaches the Elenin proportions at some point.

The text and videos on this topic are schizophrenic palaver which does not prove anything but wants you to think otherwise.

Finally anything where Richard Ho(ax)gland is mentioned is not to be taken seriously. This man is a joke, probably financed by the "interested parties".

Edit: And by the way, Christianity has nothing to do with it. Has the Pope confirmed that aliens are demonic? No, he has not. It's just the (let's call them) "disinfo agents" twisting the religious texts the way they want in their attempt to deceive. With a Book so full of symbolism and so vague as a Bible, the interpretation opportunities are virtually unlimited.
edit on 6/9/2011 by WideOpenSpace because: added Christians

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
People filter their worldview through their own experiences, what they've been taught and what they believe.
When faced with something unknown they try to make sense of it by associating it with something familiar or similar. Something ”known” to them.

One man's trash being another's treasure and all that.
It's nothing more than that.
edit on 9/6/2011 by dethduck because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by dethduck
People filter their worldview through their own experiences, what they've been taught and what they believe.
When faced with something unknown they try to make sense of it by associating it with something familiar or similar. Something ”known” to them.

One man's trash being another's treasure and all that.
It's nothing more than that.

Second to that opinion.
It's said that if the only tool you have is a hammer, everything around starts to look like a nail.

Riding those high horses and calling people arrogant because of their views is not making you better than them.
Demons is just a name. Aliens is just a name; the truth behind them is still unknown. People react the same, whether they have a hammer or a saw. Want to educate people? Do it with the truth and with respect; don't ridicule them because they have views different than yours.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by WhiteHat

Exactly the sentiment I was trying to convey.
Well done.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Caioneach

Whats with these arrogant people who think aliens are demons?

They are not arrogant,this is the human nature.
I have tried to explain a few times why aliens aren't demons and after reading a lot of threads and answers,i gave up because i think i understood why they believed that.

Apart from the faith(" i read it in the bible,it must be true..."),my opinion is that they are just put a name and an identity to creatures we know nothing about.Like some old spells that said "if you know the name of the spirit/demon you can control it or banish it",the whole naming the aliens works the same way.Even the name of the races that we have given them(greys,nordics,andromedians etc) can be considered arrogant,because they fit to descriptions and names we invented.

Humans fear the unknown,by naming it they think they can control it(ok that's a little arrogant),but we all have done that ,one way or another.
Although it's annoying,you'll get used to it and propably learn to ignore it.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Friend - I totally understand where you are coming from but let me save you from a lot of frustration and banging your head against the wall. You will never change the views of those who hold dear irrational religious beliefs. That is why social and political issues like abortion which are rooted in religion are such powder kegs and will never be resolved. You can not use rationality to reason with those who hold dear to irrational beliefs. I used to try the same thing and in all the years that the Internet has existed never once did I ever see a religious person respond to such a message reply with \\\"My goodness! You are right! Thank you for opening my eyes! \\\" or anything of the kind. The best thing to do is ignore fools (only a fool argues with a fool) and use your time on efforts that are going to do some good,

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

I don't doubt that statistically other life could exist in the universe from a purely naturalistic and biological standpoint, but I also have to consider the actions, abilities, and apparent motivations of those entities which are purported to have visited us throughout our history.

First off, if they're purely natural biological entities from other places - given the vastness of space, timeframes for development and travel involved, and our limited ability to provide notice of ourselves to the universe - how would they even know we're here, or be able to visit? There have been some good threads on this here on ATS, but when you're talking about very large numbers of required light-year travel - how would they even have any idea where to look/aim, let alone get there?

Secondly, why would they lurk around in the background when they got here, abducting/abusing/implanting people, mutilating animals, and primarily challenging tenets of christianity when some sort of communication occurs and matters of religion come up (according to some reports, anyway...)? Why would they respond to people crying out to God for relief from their torments as they are reported to do?

Thirdly (granted, this could be explained by advanced techology or handling of matter in the universe), they are often reported as recognizing no physical limits - travelling through walls like they aren't there, craft behaving contrary to our knowledge of the laws of physics & biological survival, travelling in & out of water and other climes like nothing - things we can by no means account for and would destroy anything operating according to laws we know.

All people account for evidence of any topic according to knowledge they have at hand, and this is the best explanation some of us can provide. Apparently military & politically-involved people on some levels have come to the same conclusion (look into the Collins Elite in Nick Redfern's book FINAL EVENTS and the Secret Government Group on Demonic UFOs, or other sources, for more info on this & clarity as to why).

It's not arrogance. It's merely the best conclusion we can draw from the facts as we have been made aware of them.

Take care.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Figures the Atheists would come out to bash religion and offer no evidence to disprove or prove any claims.

It is truly pathetic.

Especially since the Atheists have already proven they know very little about religion when ALL they attack is the Roman Catholic God. Get a clue please, there are many books on religious history that can set you straight so you all stop embarrassing yourselves.

So here is some more evidence from a serious investigator who came to the same conclusions.

FINAL EVENTS and the Secret Government Group on Demonic UFOs and the Afterlife
www.amazon.com...

For decades, stories of alien abductions, UFO encounters, flying saucer sightings, and Area 51 have led millions of people to believe that extraterrestrials are secretly among us. But what if those millions of people are all wrong? What if the UFO phenomenon has much darker and far more ominous origins? For four years, UFO authority Nick Redfern has been investigating the strange and terrifying world of a secret group within the U.S. Government known as the Collins Elite. The group believes that our purported alien visitors are, in reality, deceptive demons and fallen angels. They are the minions of Satan, who are reaping and enslaving our very souls, and paving the way for Armageddon and Judgment Day. In FINAL EVENTS you'll learn about the secret government files on occultists Aleister Crowley and Jack Parsons, and their connections to the UFO mystery; revelations of the demonic link to the famous "UFO crash" at Roswell, New Mexico, in 1947; the disclosure of government investigations into life-after-death and out-of-body experiences; and an examination of the satanic agenda behind alien abductions. FINAL EVENTS reveals the stark and horrific truths about UFOs that some in the government would rather keep secret.

Most evidence when you actually start going through it and studying the phenomena points towards inter dimensional or spirits/ demons.

The Atheists here are the ones coming in all condescending and insulting others' beliefs just to preach their godlessness like that nut on the street corner.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
The people that believe aliens are demons are bible thumpers. Aliens go against everything they believe in and were taught about god and creation. But with more and more mounting evidence that aliens are real, they have to change their way of thinking, and their stories so that 1, people will still go to church and shell out money, 2, everything they've ever been taught was pretty much a lie, and they can't handle it so they twist information to fit the lies, 3, their way of living still has meaning, and 4, if aliens exist, they must be demons, cause that's the only thing that makes sense to brain washed simpletons who've been lied to all their lives.

Aliens are not demons. Demons don't exist. Aliens do exist. Everything these bible people believe in is fantasy. Invisable gods, invisable spirits, invisable demons, invisable heaven, invisable hell, invisable angels, invisable everything. Such a magical world.

Thing is, when I was a kid, and we thougt of stuff like that, it was called pretending. We imagined playing with an imaginary friend, or role played we were in a western bar and we did shoot outs.

Their whole life is pretending. Its an imaginary world. Why they cannot distinguish that from reality, is beyond me. People loocked up in looney bins have less of an imagination then these people.
edit on 6-9-2011 by BrnBdry because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join