It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Letter From Gerald Ford About UFO's - 1966

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3
Here is another piece of history that I thought I'd share with ATS. Attached is a letter from Gerald Ford discussing UFO's. This was sent to my father in 1966. I had to laugh at the actual date (April 1st). I hope you all enjoy this for both its content and its history.

Full Size Image Here

It looks authentic to me. Southern MI. when I was just over a year old certainly helps explain a few things that were heretofor unexplained.

Thank you.

edit on 6-9-2011 by Taupin Desciple because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

did you find this on wikileaks? i did save it but didnt read it, there was another president in there some where aswell on the same topic of ufos.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Tahnya86

No, it's a letter my father received from Gerald Ford. My dad had sent him a letter, and he replied. The letter is framed, and hanging in my parents' basement.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

OP's looks like it was scanned. The other one looks fake as shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Gwampo

Yes, mine is scanned in. I could take a photo of it in the frame, but didn't think I'd get the detail. What other one are you talking about?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

i was 4 at the time of that

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I was raised in southern Michigan and was 6 years old in 1966. The UFO "flap" lasted for more than a year. Even though I was very young, I remember my parents (and everyone else in town) discussing the numerous lights in the sky. Even to this day, I remember looking up at them coming together in formations and then zipping away from each other and out of sight in the blink of an eye.

One time I remember hearing the local radio station break in with a bulletin to announce that jets were being scrambled from Glenview Naval Airstation (near Chicago) in an attempt to intercept the UFO's over Lake Michigan.

Some people were scared, but I was fascinated and excited by the UFO phenomena..even before age 10. In the late 60's my favorite shows were Star Trek, Lost in Space and a British TV series entitled "UFO".

It's amazing that Gerald Ford took the time to respond to a single supporter's letter with a real signature...even if it was on a preformatted letter. How times have changed...
-CWM

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Wow this is very interesting I must say but I wanna know was the investigation public

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3
That letter has hung in my parent's basement my entire life, inside a glass frame. It's been kept in very good condition. It's authentic, but as other have said, there are many other Gerald Ford letters on the internet discussing this subject. This is just one that I personally have access to. If you're ever in Colorado, give me a shout, and you can have a look yourself. We even have the original envelope.
You'd be amazed at all the crap my mom and dad have from over the years. The really cool stuff are all the letters from the original AFL team owners and coaches back in the inception of that league. Lamar Hunt, Al Davis, etc. Not to mention the letter from the Colts after Superbowl III when the Jets beat the Colts. My mom shot a crow, cooked it, then mailed it to the Colts headquarters. The Colts organization sent a pretty funny reply about how they enjoyed eating crow. HA!

The one thing I can't stand are people who fake stuff. That's not my style. Disinformation, whether it's 9/11, UFO's, Bilderberg, etc., only hurts the real causes. But, you're free to believe what you want.

That's an AWESOME letter right there (for what it is) and I believe you, but the fact that Mr. Ford had the same EXACT (verbatim) explanation already prepared is disappointing.
All he had to do was sign it and edit the header a bit.

It makes me wonder if it was just a friendly "shove" to anyone making an inquiry about it...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join