It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Baptism of Jesus: A 2012 Allegory

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I just came across this incredibly novel idea, a post by a guy claiming that the baptism of Jesus never happened! That it is only an allegory of a celestial event on December 21, 2012.

Jesus' Baptism and 2012

I have come to believe that a lot of what we know as Abrahamic religious traditions (Judaism, Christianity, Islam) have their foundation in the ancient religion of the Khemetians of North Africa and that the traditions of the Khemitians are alive and well in one form or another disguised as Judaeo-Christian stories. One case in point: the Baptism of The Son of God in the river Jordan.

I don't think I've ever heard this concept before and it seems to truly resonate with me.

I would love to get your thoughts and reactions to this.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by mightymouth

I don't agree with this, because Jesus was clearly baptized.

Matthew 3:16-17 16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: 17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

I'm sorry but how does a document that was written hundreds of years AFTER Jesus' life by someone who wasn't there (at the baptism) and never met the man make it clear to you that Jesus was baptized?

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by mightymouth
reply to post by GmoS719

I'm sorry but how does a document that was written hundreds of years AFTER Jesus' life by someone who wasn't there (at the baptism) and never met the man make it clear to you that Jesus was baptized?

Oooooooooooooooooh. Body blows!

Interesting nonetheless.

new topics

top topics

join