It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UBS : Save the euro or military dictatorship or civil war awaits Europe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
And considering they are actually publishing this report means that they want to scare everyone into doing what they want... aka give more power to the EU, centralize more power. And that anyone willing to leave the Euro (like Germany) will be blamed for what would happen. (which would probably be a set up for WW3)

Bri ng Out Your Dead - UBS Quantifies Costs Of Euro Break Up, Warns Of Collapse Of Banking System And Civil War

Any time a major bank releases a report saying a given course of action is too costly, too prohibitive, too blonde, or simply too impossible, it is nearly guaranteed that that is precisely the course of action about to be undertaken. Which is why all non-euro skeptics are advised to shield their eyes and look away from the just released report by UBS (of surging 3 Month USD Libor rate fame) titled "Euro Break Up - The Consequences." UBS conveniently sets up the straw man as follows: "Under the current structure and with the current membership, the Euro does not work. Either the current structure will have to change, or the current membership will have to change." So far so good. Yet where it gets scary is when UBS quantifies the actual opportunity cost to one or more countries leaving the Euro. Notably Germany. "Were a stronger country such as Germany to leave the Euro, the consequences would include corporate default, recapitalisation of the banking system and collapse of international trade. If Germany were to leave, we believe the cost to be around EUR6,000 to EUR8,000 for every German adult and child in the first year, and a range of EUR3,500 to EUR4,500 per person per year thereafter. That is the equivalent of 20% to 25% of GDP in the first year. " It also would mean the end of UBS, but we digress. Where it gets even more scary is when UBS, like many other banks to come, succumbs to the Mutual Assured Destruction trope made so popular by ole' Hank Paulson : "The economic cost is, in many ways, the least of the concerns investors should have about a break-up. Fragmentation of the Euro would incur political costs. Europe’s “soft power” influence internationally would cease (as the concept of “Europe” as an integrated polity becomes meaningless). It is also worth observing that almost no modern fiat currency monetary unions have broken up without some form of authoritarian or military government, or civil war." So you see: save the euro for the children, so we can avoid all out war (and UBS can continue to exist). The scariest thing, however, by far, is that for this report to have been issued, it means that Germany is now actively considering dumping the euro.

Basically, just like Hank Paulson during the bank bailout ``debate``... GIVE US UNLIMITED MONEY OR TANKS WILL BE IN THE STREETS!

We shall see what happens... but as always from the elite it's ``give us more power now, or we'll stage a big war to give ourselves even more power after the war.``

And in case the globalists ``lose``...

The only way to hedge against a Euro break-up scenario is to own no Euro assets at all.

So everyone in Europe will be in terrible financial shape not if but WHEN it happens.

What's funny about all this is that UBS is a Swiss bank. Switzerland isn't in the EU to begin with. But if the EU goes down, UBS goes kaput.

So what... Europe should dump the euro, be hurt a little and go back to sovereignty.
edit on 5-9-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Excellent read, you won't regret taking the time. I find this highly interesting. Thank you OP.

www.scribd.com...

The page discussing succession is titled: "naturam expellas furca, tamen usque recurret"

"you may drive nature out with a pitchfork, but she will keep coming back "

edit on 5-9-2011 by METACOMET because: sp

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
On the Australian ABC morning program an Euro bank representive
was being questioned weather he'd like to see a United States of Europ
He said No to the question but he added he'd like to see somthing simmular
as in co-ordinated finacial legislation through out the Euro Zone.
I only partialy cought this but i think it's interesting. a consolidation
of european power through the one enterty, good news or bad i don't know
which.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by wondera
On the Australian ABC morning program an Euro bank representive
was being questioned weather he'd like to see a United States of Europ
He said No to the question but he added he'd like to see somthing simmular
as in co-ordinated finacial legislation through out the Euro Zone.
I only partialy cought this but i think it's interesting. a consolidation
of european power through the one enterty, good news or bad i don't know
which.

Trust me, once you let a bank buy your country you will never be rid of them. You end up their slaves and your great- great- great- great grandkids will still be their slaves. Just ask Rothschild, he already owns planet earth, the rest of you all just don't know it yet.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Hey! That's the "Approve the Bailouts or We Will Have Martial Law" back in 2008 America. We're number 1!! Were #1!

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Well, that certainly would be bad for UBS.

I wonder if in the long run, however, it would really be bad for the Germans.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
UBS was a huge player in Credit Default Swaps:

www.nytimes.com...

www.bloomberg.com...

www.forbes.com...

Remember when Berny Madoff said the government was a "giant house of cards"...well guess what CDF's were/are?

House of cards!

They/TPTB are doing all they can to keep afloat. It will not last past October 1, 2011.

Regards and Nameste

-Chung

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Is"t that the same thing they told the US Congress before the bailout a couple of years ago. They got their money now they are back for more. Apparently there will be tanks in the street and a civil war whether they get all of your money or not according to them. The bankers won't quit until that is exactly what happens.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Only a retard would fall for this propaganda by the cowardly Swiss.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
It's statements like this that make us the europeans hate the European project.

Another statement was on danish TV today. The Euro parlament want to "protect" the Shengen agreement, the way they will do this is to make it illigal for the individual countries to make boarder control (still only a suggestion).

Someone mentioned "united Europe", thats NEVER going to happen the opposition in the public is far to strong in the Northen parts of the eurozone. Denmark only accepted the Maastrict treaty because we also got 4 exceptions with the Edinburg agreement in my country (voted against Maastrict first time).

We already voted NO! 3 times against the Euro as Danish currency and the opposition grows for every time the poleticians try convincing us with new tricks.

I can assure you that anything that smells a little of more Empire will get a NO from me and most people i know. I wouldn't be against a dual euro zone with a northen and a southern Europe. Not because i dislike the people there, but because their countries never had stabile economies that also put pressure upon our economies with the EURO.

edit on 6-9-2011 by Mimir because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
As confidence in the Euro drains away will Condi step in to save Europe (again)?

BBC: Juergen Stark in surprise resignation from ECB

Juergen Stark's resignation is regarded as a blow for the ECB, say analysts

MSN: ECB economist calls for drastic reforms

European Central Bank chief economist Juergen Stark called for drastic reforms to strengthen economic governance of the eurozone, hours after resigning abruptly on Friday.

A "quantum leap" is necessary "at the European level" to reinforce its institutions, Stark wrote in a commentary, excerpts of which were released by the German daily, Handelsblatt, ahead of its publication on Monday.

"A large reform of decision-making mechanisms and sanctions" is necessary in order to secure in the future effective coordination of economic and fiscal policies of the eurozone countries, he added.

Quantum Leap plan to save Euro

Rice for President Yahoo Group is pleased to announce a plan to save the single currency of the European Union, the Euro.

The first element of the "quantum leap" plan is for the people of Europe to elect Condoleezza Rice as President of the European Union.

The second element of the "quantum leap" plan specifies Condoleezza Rice's picture to be added to new Euro notes so as to infinitely strengthen confidence in the Euro currency.

Peter Dow proposes Condoleezza Rice for President of the European Union

British MEP ridicules Rompuy. Peter Dow agrees & proposes Condoleezza Rice for President of the European Union instead. (YouTube)

top topics

join