It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The U.S. Dollar about to break out ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Anybody buying gold right now is out of their minds, Is US Goldman Sach and JP Morgans the one driving gold prices up, when they find the time to bring it down they will do it and those that bought at high prices will be the biggest losers.

Remember just that.

What keeps the dollar alive is our oil, oil is what drives the world we have it and that is why our dollar is still alive and will stay alive as long as we have oil. It was the US the one that change gold for oil back in the Seventies.

Everything starts in the US and ends in the US. Even the 2008 crash.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by galdur

yup thats my point.....you guys don't get what the real bubble is yet who already popped

lmfao

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by behindthescenes

i believe you are spot on about this, the euro just crashed a little today and i personally see the euro gone within five years or there will repercussions worldwide.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by thefulleffect

That will be an overstatement, the Euro is what holds the EU together, too much money is been invested in the Euro by the EU, Germany and France will not allow this to happen, when it comes to the UK they probably don't care much as they still hold their own currency.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
My advise is to get rid of dollars. They are not even good toilet paper. I tried.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Most investors/traders are just fodder for the big boys and will be caught flat footed just when they think they have things figured out. The dollar is on life support and has been.

Here is some sound advice unless you have you debts paid off a year or two supply of food, water, seed, guns, and ammo and a a decent stock of physical gold and silver you shouldn't be playing in the markets period! If you have those things well then have fun but don't risk any more then you can afford to lose. All these guys who think they are savvy traders are like cattle being led to the slaughter...

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by galdur
reply to post by yourmamaknows

If the dollar starts to run, these things will be crushed.

In fact, with the price of US bonds at a 70-year high and yields at a corresponding low - why would anyone accumulate gold and silver? In a deflationary environment (high demand for money) it makes more sense to preserve cash and pick up things later when prices have fallen.

Wow. You ought to see what it's like at the Elenin/Nibiru forums. They chew your ass off.

So easy peasy here. If you can't buy silver and gold, buy something you can use, like a water filter or storable food.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Yeah, I understand fear of those elusive heavenly bodies has resulted in Americans holding enough freeze-dried food in storage to feed feed the nation´s cats and dogs for 150 years ! So, I guess it´s about time to start shorting producers of pet food since the world definitely won´t end or be even remotely perturbed in the next centuries.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Yeah, I understand fear of those elusive heavenly bodies has resulted in Americans holding enough freeze-dried food in storage to feed feed the nation´s cats and dogs for 150 years ! So, I guess it´s about time to start shorting producers of pet food since the world definitely won´t end or be even remotely perturbed in the next centuries.

It's tough plodding over there in the space forums. You are sometimes facing people that are paid disinfo. Had a nice day at GLP today. Someone has posted the first good images for Nibiru from this hemisphere.

Anyway, you take care and have a pleasant evening.---------------

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Much of this scaremongering is for driving up the price of commodities, an especially desperate task since the world is absolutely drowning in oversupply, overcapacity. There isn´t a physical shortage of anything, which explains why the price of money (debt) is at a 70-year high. Take care.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by galdur

It only fell like that because the market was adjusting itself for some recent drastic rises in price.
It fell down and then began to rise at the correct rate.

Gold will continue to rise as will silver and the dollar will continue where it's at now and maybe lower as we the people start finding out more and more about other countries moving away from the dollar. I read an article recently that Ghaddafi was wanting to start trading his oil in gold dinars and was about to implement that right before the coup. I would say there are a lot of other countries we aren't hearing about moving away too.

I'm sticking with silver.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

The fact that it can easily drop 10% in just two days isn´t lost on short sellers. I´m sure they were just testing the water, so to speak.

Gold is almost $400 over its 200-day moving average. That looks dangerously overbought in my book.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by galdur

I don't know (like I said I stick with silver mostly), but I think that gold will stay going steady. It will keep having the big surges sporadically, usually a few close together, and then a big drop and then slowly back up. I saw where the government.

I'm not as conspiracy minded as a lot of folks here, but I've wondered if the market was being manipulated to take some of these dives to scare off small time investors and regular folks that buy a little here and there.

mintnewsblog.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

You hear this theory often in overbought situations here and there. I doubt there´s much to it. A correction in an overbought (and oversold) market is simply a healthy and necessary process. At some point things become intolerably one-sided. A major problem with the trading of gold for the last three years or so with it going up 150% or so, is a total lack of any meaningful corrections along the way. That 10% drop the other day doesn´t qualify. It can´t end well, IMHO.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
P.S.

Just saw gold drop $60 virtually in minutes. It´s recovering though.

Shorty is definitely checking things out.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by galdur

Yes, let me run to AA+ paper. even if I was into buying paper assets, I would go to some one with a AAA rating and competent politicians.

But then again, I perfer real assets in our current period of monetary debasement

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourmamaknows

Wow. You ought to see what it's like at the Elenin/Nibiru forums. They chew your ass off.

So easy peasy here. If you can't buy silver and gold, buy something you can use, like a water filter or storable food.

I'm sure they'll try. But having any sort of logical economic argument with a crowd who believes -- despite all evidence and common sense -- that a 3k-wide comet is really a brown dwarf and every astronomer in the world is in collusion to keep that secret is not an argument I would ever win anyway.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
i can accept your theory that the dollar will gain strength from it's present mid 70s to perhaps up to 80 before it eventually plummets

i do not follow the technicals, or even hold them as accurately reflecting the value of the USD

see, since before QE1, the traders, HFTs and powerful market movers have tweeked the results
the 'technicals' you are trusting as IN & OUT indicators are just contrived figures.

in the near term it will be the uncertainty of the Euro & the EU that will help support the USD, it will also be the continued role of the USA guarding all the trade routes & sealanes that makes the USD a 'stable' force in the world of trade & finances.

of course if the USA oversees and secures the nuclear arsenal of Pakistan... then the'worthiness' of the USD against all other currencies will skyrocket.... it is this absence of enforcing peace that lets the moneychangers cause the decline and rise of the USD--- traders not Investors rule the roost

gold Rubles...gold & asset backed Renmembi/Yuan...or even a BRIC & OPEC & the Asian Co-operative issuing a replacement for the petro-dollar...and the decline of the USD to the low 60s after 2015 at the earliest
edit on 6-9-2011 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Just Gathering my senses,

Am I reading a fed website or ATS?

What was the positions OP of course the $ is shorted?

Of course yes it is, shorted until the next 8 weeks or so.....

AS ANYONE who knows anything about the reality of this is aware and asks,

Who is going to buy the Treasury Bonds to allow further $ printing when the bailout act allowing the FED to BUY THERE OWN runs out? (the first time in history, basically using a credit card to pay a credit card)

Who is going to buy at those auctions?

How long till an auction happens and less than 75% of them are bought?

And that is without the Oil Burse, China Now transitioning to World Superpower, and hundreds of other telling signs both geo-politicaly and internally

Back to reality.

Elf

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by coldkidc

Very well put . . . The sad thing, not a whole lot of people really understand it in that fashion as they tend to get all glassy-eyed every time anyone in the media starts talking about national debt. They just figure it's a never-ending gravy train. As you said, at some point the gig will be up, so to speak.

The unfortunate (or more unfortunate) side of this is many people live by the lead of the governement and spend-spend-spend regardless of what they already have and what they make . . .

We're headed for a whole lotta trouble and it appears to me that those pulling the strings are squeezing the last few drops of sweetness outta the orange before they discard the pulp.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join