It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maya calender, IIching and bible talk of an apocalypse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
And its all happening right now, or between 2012 and 2020. It's ironic that these 3 ancients texts all pin point close to the same time for this grand finale of mankind.

For anyone familiar with the mayan calender, the long count calender is supposed to come to an end on december 21, 2012.

The IIching says pretty much the same thing, more doom and gloom as the world goes boom in 2012.

Lastly, we have the bible (enter atheists to the left, simple because i said the word bible in the title!)
There's a specific prophecy in the bible from Zecharia 12, that speaks of Israel, 2 links speaking of this event. Bible prophecy has to do with 1948, and the 70 years after that which just happens to be in this decade.

Bible sources:
israelsmessiah.com...
www.bibletime.com...

IIching source:
www.liveindia.com...

Maya calender source:
www.planetpapp.com...

Here's the irony, all 3 of these sources point to something very big happening in this decade. Three separate sources of doom and gloom followed by the curtain falling on mankind. Enjoy

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Except you forgot that the word 'apocalypse' has been misinterpreted and misrepresented in our language.

The word “apocalypse” comes from the Greek word apocalupsis which means “revealing, disclosure, to take off the cover.”

So, if these ancients are correct it will not be the end of mankind, but the end of our egoistic societies and perspectives.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by StripedBandit
Except you forgot that the word 'apocalypse' has been misinterpreted and misrepresented in our language.

The word “apocalypse” comes from the Greek word apocalupsis which means “revealing, disclosure, to take off the cover.”

So, if these ancients are correct it will not be the end of mankind, but the end of our egoistic societies and perspectives.

I never said it was the end of mankind, i said the curtain falls on mankind and that can have a variety of implications, not necessarily the destruction of man, but a change coming.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Apocalypse is Greek for unveiling, and it can be a good and or bad thing depending on where you stand and your perspective. It doesn't necessarily mean we're all going to die. In fact, I'd say that we, especially we ATSers are constantly going through an apocalypse being that we're constantly searching for truth, unveiling.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
grand finale of mankind.

doom and gloom as the world goes boom in 2012.

Sorry, I clearly misconstrued your words, apparently...

Curtains falling, doom, gloom, boom and grand finale all sounded a little extinction-y to me..

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
The veil has lifted. I think the best is yet to come.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by StripedBandit

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
grand finale of mankind.

doom and gloom as the world goes boom in 2012.

Sorry, I clearly misconstrued your words, apparently...

Curtains falling, doom, gloom, boom and grand finale all sounded a little extinction-y to me..

i was making fun of the whole doom and gloom thing, guess i should use the emotes to get my point across.
edit on 5-9-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
The I ching does not point too 2012, I persons theory does when it concerns the i ching, and I gathering that it is most likely the same crap when it comes to the others you have mentioned aswell.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

I would actually take issue with the I-Ching thing. Terence McKenna's timewave theory is fascinating - but it doesn't declare a world ending scenario in 2012, but a change - perhaps an evolutionary one.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I was about to say I have never heard of 2012 in the IIChiing. You beat me to it.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Redevilfan09
The I ching does not point too 2012, I persons theory does when it concerns the i ching, and I gathering that it is most likely the same crap when it comes to the others you have mentioned aswell.

I agree with you. It's one of those 'supportive' things like the pseudo-science used by creationists.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I think there is an underlying "feeling" that everyone has, its hard to explain and extremely touchy to talk about with some people. The earth is undergoing some massive changes. Take a look at October 28, 2011, this is the official end of the Mayan Calendar as calculated by some very knowledgeable experts, and the 2012 alignment is hypothetically going to bring about some very large changes. I personally believe it won't be the end of the world, but that some huge changes are taking place and will continue to take place. The Mayan calendar wasn't just to predict the end of the world, it was to predict the end or unity consciousness. We are still evolving today and some believe at a very rapid rate, I'm not sure what exactly I believe but I like to keep an open mind. .

Take a look at Mayans, Biblical Texts, and many ancient theories on "end times"...they are all similar in some ways...these people were much more connected with nature, God and the earth's rhythms than we will ever be because of the lack of technology and a connectedness with each other. It is very important to keep an open mind, you never know what you might stumble upon as we continue to increase in our bodies "vibrations" for a lack of better word and consciousness. We as a human race are lucky to be part of such an amazing change.

top topics

join