It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soldiers Speaking Out

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by higns07

Okay. Afghanistan is one thing and Iraq another. Iraq never had Weapons of Mass Destruction and that was a conspiracy. You showed a video of Obama sending more troops to Afghanistan and I think he did that mostly because he realized the war had crossed borders into Pakistan and the Taliban and Osama Bin Laden were even found and have been killed in Pakistan. Obama has pulled most of the troops out of Iraq because that was a very messed up war and it has cost the American people almost a $1 trillion dollars and we've been in Iraq for less time than Afghanistan. So tell me please why your video shows Obama sending troops to Afghanistan and then all of the soldiers speaking out were about Iraq? Tell me which company profited the most from the rebuilding of Iraq which most of it was during the Bush Administration. Halliburton that's who. I don't need to wait for your response. Who was the damned president of Halliburton before he became the VP to George W Bush? Dick Cheney that's who. And one of our biggest allies in the war in Iraq was England and can you tell me which Prime Minister became an executive of Halliburton. Ding ding ding. You got it. Tony friggin Blair. Get your controversies straightened out and quit making Obama out to be the devil here. None of this would have happened if it weren't for Bush. And sometimes I wonder if since Bush and Osama Bin Laden used to be friends if that OBL didn't attack the WTC on 9/11 because of a falling out they had. What if 9/11 was really a personal attack against his old pal George Bush. People always talk about Obama palling around with George Soros but fail to mention that George Bush used to pal around with Osama bin Laden. Which one sounds worse to you? This video is politically motivated because of what you put in front of it. Take it out and it's really an attack on the war in Iraq which we are hardly in anymore and Obama has only pulled troops out of Iraq since he became president.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by RedGod

If you are suggesting the world and population to continue to and live a materialistic role play then by all means do it; it is too late for a change for the good now, it would take hundreds if not thousands of years.

If people just stopped for once and realize their true potential we wouldn't have to worry about how the crowd will view you.

Life is not about first impressions it's about lasting impressions.

Honestly all of our so called politicians have left a stain on our way of life.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Excellent video OP!! It's a shame though that this thread only has 2 pages yet threads about nonsense gets multiple pages and multiple S&Fs.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorsebeacon
reply to post by higns07

Okay. Afghanistan is one thing and Iraq another. Iraq never had Weapons of Mass Destruction and that was a conspiracy. You showed a video of Obama sending more troops to Afghanistan and I think he did that mostly because he realized the war had crossed borders into Pakistan and the Taliban and Osama Bin Laden were even found and have been killed in Pakistan. Obama has pulled most of the troops out of Iraq because that was a very messed up war and it has cost the American people almost a $1 trillion dollars and we've been in Iraq for less time than Afghanistan. So tell me please why your video shows Obama sending troops to Afghanistan and then all of the soldiers speaking out were about Iraq? Tell me which company profited the most from the rebuilding of Iraq which most of it was during the Bush Administration. Halliburton that's who. I don't need to wait for your response. Who was the damned president of Halliburton before he became the VP to George W Bush? Dick Cheney that's who. And one of our biggest allies in the war in Iraq was England and can you tell me which
Prime Minister became an executive of Halliburton. Ding ding ding. You got it. Tony friggin Blair. Get your controversies straightened out and quit making Obama out to be the devil here. None of this would have
happened if it weren't for Bush. And sometimes I wonder if since Bush and Osama Bin Laden used to be friends
if that OBL didn't attack the WTC on 9/11 because of a falling out they had. What if 9/11 was really a personal
attack against his old pal George Bush. People always talk about Obama palling around with George Soros but
fail to mention that George Bush used to pal around with Osama bin Laden. Which one sounds worse to you?
This video is politically motivated because of what you put in front of it. Take it out and it's really an attack on
the war in Iraq which we are hardly in anymore and Obama has only pulled troops out of Iraq since he became
president.

You didn't watch the video did you, or any other video like this for that matter? It's not about demonizing Obama and his administration which is a farce anyway. It's about the whole damn system period. Don't you get it? Our Government has been hijacked by despots and criminals. Obama is no different than Bush or any other puppet politician.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Powerful video. It hit my soft spot, yet again. Wars have to stop (can it even be called "war"? ..or does invasion, destruction and slaughter more appropriately fit?).

Tell ya, if I was in the Canadian military and was forced to unjustly slaughter people and/or remove them from and destroy their homes and jobs, all in the name of "freedom" ... I would glady take a cell in the military jails, even if torture for those who refuse was the "norm". I can't stress enough how much I would refuse after learning what I know now. Call me whatever, I simply dislike genocide, destruction, fibbers, weapons and anything related to such matters. ~~I seriously don't understand what the point to a bomb that could remove an entire continent from the face of the planet is... can anyone clarify this for me with rational sense?

I love the American people and have always looked up to them. Its the corrupted military complex, private contractors and government behind the government who are the problem and they use the MSM (main stream medias) to keep their faithful people in the dark while feeding them irrelevant and scripted LIES... A sad reality.

*little off-topic*
I was listening to ATS Live this morning [6/9/11] and they're talking about US Military firing tomahawks at Libya... HUGE WTF?? ATS Live is now my source for "up to the minute news" .. Thanks to all ATS!! I hope i'm not rambling ... Peace to the world!
edit on 6/9/2011 by FreshNugget because: Couple spelling errors

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Right on the button! These soldiers are the ones who will be able to end the war. They hold all the weapons and armor, they hold the power to bring the tyrants that order them around to their knees, they swore an oath to protect and serve the innocent, they can fulfill that oath. It's a matter of getting those who's hearts are hard to soften and who minds are closed to open. S&F for you sir, perfect video. Power and peace to the people!!!

edit on 6-9-2011 by PunchingBag80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
You know what, I say good for them. They've seen the bull---- and there's a lot of it. I'm glad there are actual former Marines and soldiers that are willing to speak out and not fall in to a thought process that they should protect their former branch of service and more importantly they should NOT try to protect their former superiors. I was in the Marines for about 5 years and I gotta say I would never go back. No matter how much I miss the camaraderie, I would never ever work for an organization like that again. But, however, I guess I would be a bit of a hypocrite as I am enlisted in the Air Force Reserves.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I remember what my Grandfather said to me when he was in Europe Theater in World War Two
That After the War His Unit Was Liberating Concentration Camps With Patton's Army
and he Told me the Atrocities He saw and he said that the One's That were Held in these Concentration Camps
Camp Up to his Unit and Hugged them & Hand Cried Young and OLD and that is a Experience he said he will never forget ! and One of those Concentration camps was Dachau !

Dachau concentration camp
en.wikipedia.org...

I think I have Not seen One Video of a Invasion of a Country Called Iraq to take out an Evil Dictator
for a Liberation of its People
having the People of that Country be in Open Arms to be Supposedly Liberated

but main Reason WAS WMD's that were Never Found .....

The Only County I would Consider a Threat to the World is North Korea !
and we All Know about that Orwellian Nation Dont we ! and We All know that they have WMDS!!

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by higns07

Yeah there's a lot more to the Iraq War than what most people hear about.

I made a thread a while back that contains that video among others, check it out if you're interested: The Unpatriotic Invasion Of Iraq
edit on 6-9-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Watching this brought tears to my eyes, and i'm not normally a very emotional guy.

You can see in their eyes how much they regret their actions. How dare our government send these young men to commit atrocities while they sit behind their desks collecting profit.

These veterans are the type of people we need running our country, NOT career politicians whose only skill is deceiving the public to hold a public office.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by turbokid

Im still amazed that in this day and age the rulers can still trick the masses into fighting and dying on foreign lands to protect money interests

Because it's a guaranteed job and wage ,with false prospects ,and the lie of returning home a hero ,i bet most of the new recuits do it for economic reasons these days.

Keep em poor and send em to War ...Seems to be working well.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Amazing video. Emotional to the core.

S&F - THANK YOU for sharing this!

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
War...what is the Truth in War..?

Thomas Aquinas once stated: " A judgment is said to be true when it conforms to external reality."
Facts...
Dialectic debates will ferret out these unique kernals...and correspondence will be reached...

For most normal things in life, I might agree to the above view on Truth...
But, what if the Truth we seek lies somewhere in the realm of Human Virtue...or the lack thereof?

Is Truth Transcendental?

War is in this area that questions virtue, and it is by no means normal...
It puts to task our perception of what it means to be Human, and harbors an arena where Ego's can expand to significantly dangerous proportions...

Is Love Transcendental?

Constructivists would argue that Truth is relative to the society in which it is formed, and not transcendental...

I would argue that in the case of this, our namesake, "Humanity" it is indeed transcendent...

In this Entropic universe, the Unifying forces shall be Sustained...

Compassion and Humanitarianism are such Unifying forces...
Universal Love is the transcendent Truth...
Without Compassion, life itself cannot survive the unbridled passions of Ego...

Valor is a Noble Human Virtue...born of the Principals of Truth and Courage...
Tempered with Love it can mean salvation and growth for a people who are truly threatened; even from themselves...

But, shrouded in secrecy and fear, bathed in the blood of innocense and serving the meglomanic Ego, it can lead good men and women into the decline of spirit, and the destruction of our shared Humanity...
History holds numberless examples...

This post propagates a unique perspective...from the mouths of the practitioners...Our Soldiers...

I Honor all those in uniform, and out of uniform, who would stand with Courage to face the unavoidable; in the full light of Truth we cannot fail, for the transcendent Truth is supported by Love...and Love is Eternal...

_________________Present to Love________________________

"Pray to your Gods, and gird your weapons of war! Tonight we march!"

When will it be time?
When the last bomb falls?
When the last child cries?

"Step to the left! Hey your left! Hey your left!"

When will we see?
When the blood is a sea?
When your pain is the fee?

"Eyes right! Hey to the right! Hey to the right!"

When will we know?
When the heartbeat slows?
When the heavens will show?

"Present ARMS!"

(And I saw the Truth in the eyes of the world...it is Love supporting all of Creation...not strength of Arms...)

edit on 6-9-2011 by Khurzon because: spelling

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Great video. Thanks for sharing. Our government here in Denmark brought us into this war, although it was unconstitutional. The supreme court rejected the case. How can you win?

Our prime minister at that time, the war criminal, is now Secretary General of NATO

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
John Titor said (Hoax or no Hoax) that the American people, with the help of Russia would up arms against the American Government. I think this could happen. This is spreading. Good thread !

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER
to stand by and watch evil unfold or even to turn away from evil when something could be done,
is in itself evil,

americans do something or the world will remember you as evil too
i defend america to my friends,
but no more
unless the american people stand up,
otherwise i can only conclude you agree with the war,

govenments start wars for money
the people stop wars for humanity,
where is your humanity?

xploder

"Humanity"? I have none.

I am a cold blooded killer. I kill folks who desperately need it.

One day I too will die because of that.

BUT - a lot of folks are now living, and will continue to live, because of it.

If you don't like that, don't be a threat to me or mine.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by higns07

Wow....just wow! This was a very serious video and I thank you OP for having the courage to post it. Maybe, it will change a few minds. I'll be sharing it with others I know.

Reminds me of what my Dad, who was a Vietnam Vet told me as a child "war is never the answer". He is gone now...died of Prostate Cancer he received as a gift from Agent white, blue and finally Orange while he was on mission Operation Ranch Hand in 1960, he got out in 1964. They told my Dad that he was being sent over to Vietnam as an Advisor, code word for what would become the "Green Berets"

Now my 22 year old nephew is in some kind of Special Forces for the Air Force (he won't talk to any of us about it...he just keeps saying you guys woudn't understand)....dam
They snatched him out of MIT and completely tricked him...I think he's been completely brainwashed.

I'm not bitter about my fathers service to his country as he thought he was doing the right thing when he voluntarily signed up, but this war is just a repeat Vietnam...it's so f'n sad

S~n~F

edit on 9/6/11 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreshNugget
~~I seriously don't understand what the point to a bomb that could remove an entire continent from the face of the planet is... can anyone clarify this for me with rational sense?

A bomb that can "remove an entire continent from a planet"? Wow! If you ever manage to get one of those developed (which has not yet occurred) I'll take two. Just send 'em COD. Never mind which continents I want to remove - that's not as important as the march of technology you will have advanced!

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by PunchingBag80
Right on the button! These soldiers are the ones who will be able to end the war. They hold all the weapons and armor, they hold the power to bring the tyrants that order them around to their knees, they swore an oath to protect and serve the innocent, they can fulfill that oath. It's a matter of getting those who's hearts are hard to soften and who minds are closed to open. S&F for you sir, perfect video. Power and peace to the people!!!

edit on 6-9-2011 by PunchingBag80 because: (no reason given)

So you do approve of war, so long as it's conducted against the "right" enemy?

Star for you. So do I - but I think we may have different "enemies" in mind. Still, the basic principle is precisely the same.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePublicEnemyNo1

Now my 22 year old nephew is in some kind of Special Forces for the Air Force (he won't talk to any of us about it...he just keeps saying you guys woudn't understand)....dam
They snatched him out of MIT and completely tricked him...I think he's been completely brainwashed.

Probably a CCT. The Air Force is sort of light on SpecOps, so the field is limited. I can't blame him for not talking bout what he does, OPSEC aside. I don't tell my family much about what I've done, either. A very few of my friends know, but not even most of them. I will not be condemned for the things I've done by the very people who still breathe because of it.

Some are no longer breathing because I was a day late and a dollar short, and that bothers me much more than what I've done to keep the living alive.

Your nephew, for all his youth, IS RIGHT. You guys wouldn't understand. Your assumption that he is "brainwashed" is glaring proof of that. Meanwhile, you sleep the peaceful slumber of the protected while simultaneously denigrating the protectors.

Typical - it's not limited just to you.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join