It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soldiers Speaking Out

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by higns07

This is no longer a country but has become a safe haven for controlled monsters and evil people which includes obama (little o on purpose) .. most of congress ...state .. county ... and city employees. Our judicial system is no better. Corruption of this magnitude can't last forever becuase eventually (it) TPTB will start to consume each other as they destroy all that is good, right and represents a caring humanity. Its over .. this I am sure of. Only a righteous God can save us not. The whole world has become irredeemable and is no longer a place where truth
prevails but now has become a place where lies are recived more readily and even sought after. May God destroy all of this soon.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by higns07

One of the best videos I've seen on the troops and vetrans speaking out!

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
These are the real heros, doing their real duty to their country. Bravo.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Very good video. Reminds me exactly of the clips from vietnam era.
The trick isn't to show this to people who are awake already but the young lost kid getting ready to sign his name to join the armed forces to "serve his country"
Im still amazed that in this day and age the rulers can still trick the masses into fighting and dying on foreign lands to protect money interests.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by gunshooter

Star for you....I'd flag you too if you tell your story or even part of it. There's an ex veteran who is doing exactly that and his site is becoming well known and highly regarded.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
All of us here needs to post this video on Facebook and twitter ,or other social media outlets ,as all MSM are not gonna do it for us.

Only the people can change this crazy globalist wars ,because whether you like it or not ,its just a matter of time before we send troops into Libya ,and the whole process starts again.

Do we want to be here in 5 years still moaning about how were all being raped by the these Globalist wars.

The military complex can't have it there way anymore in our name and life's ,the whole basis of whats going on in the world today is to protect our way of life ,or is it to protect the wealthy elites way of life.

And before some of you hardcore war mongers preach that for the west to survive we need to pillage other nations wealth and land and install military base's ,well i don't see petrol prices getting any cheaper ,or the cost of living ,or a safer world ,all that is happening is the rich getting richer.

The world been taken over by megalomaniac warmongering globalist elites.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Thanks for showing this video, War has been wrong from day one it has messed this world up and needs to stop, glad the troops are speaking out on this thanks again

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Active military personnel who have awakened to the fact that they are being lied to and ripped-off by the U.S. federal government, can make a choice to pursue the path of a conscientious objector.

If they navigate the process carefully, with the assistance of an inexpensive lawyer, there’s a good chance they can receive an honorable discharge with full veteran’s benefits.

“A conscientious objector (CO) is an individual who has claimed the right to refuse to perform military service on the grounds of freedom of thought, conscience, or religion.”

source : en.wikipedia.org...

“Loose Change 9/11: An American Coup”
source : www.youtube.com...

Peace on Earth!

edit on 6-9-2011 by seasoul because: End the illegal wars, bring American troops home now!

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
it is a beautifull video, however one must not forget that the stage of war is always complete with misunderstanding, and confusion, egos combined with egos opinions on top of opinions, more confusion and played out on a field of death, well its probably undeniable that the meaning of process becomes convulated with fear anxiety frustration for whatever reasons, its easy to say this being an arm chair viewer of these recent wars, but the army is pretty much a choice of profession i believe, so really to take a group out of how many soldiers must be tens of thousands then sure these opinions can be found but you could more than likely find the same amount of soldiers who would an could tell stories with a positive theme, sadly it is the age which we live in and as such this is a great example of even more confusion, and one would beleive frustration on the soldiers behalf, my question being can any good come from this, well who really knows these days.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by higns07

S&F for you my friend

Honestly, working for the military; I can tell first hand that it is an extermination of a civilization. I joined this website while in theater and I can tell you the destruction of these weapons we used on these people and how they are capable of achieving such gruesome tasks.
It saddens me deeply knowing that children see a grown man, their father, being beat to his knees and zip tied like an animal..

This war is wrong; it is not for peace it is for profit; it is no honor it is a burden. Sadly people will continue to enlist, at least try, haha the military is trying to downsize due to the current eco collapse. Yet we still send more and more troops to war..
I realized a while ago, that this is a war to stay on top; to see who has the bigger guns, who owns the main profits. Natural gas, oil, fossil fuel, opium (Bloods and Crips are red and blue; Republicans and Democrats are red and blue), man labor (I witnessed thousands of men and women being worked to extreme levels and sent home where we provide refreshing waste water to their water supply for some evening curry), etc; our known market. Who ever owns the market, owns the world.

It is obvious that these people would hate Americans, I felt it, a lot of service member out there can tell you that while in theater; the men and women they have working for you would just glare at you, I could feel the hate, the tension was oftentimes unbearable.

How could so many people be blind to this, it is sick to see people go on with their daily lives not giving a single frown for the destruction this war is causing, not only to the people but also to Earth itself. Our greed has become something of a cancer to our society and way of life. People become glutenous and thrive only on the hardships of other people. "The love money is the root of all evil." Our way of life is soon to change before we know it. We have let this cancer go untreated for hundreds of years. Now our planet is on the line and we continue to destroy it for our very own personal gain.

Why should we continue to let men and women in Maybachs and tailored suits tell us how to live our lives and what is best for us? Why should we let them destroy OUR WORLD? It is not right and does not make sense to me.

We should not let this go on.

PEACE.

edit on 6-9-2011 by EL1A5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by turbokid
Very good video. Reminds me exactly of the clips from vietnam era.
The trick isn't to show this to people who are awake already but the young lost kid getting ready to sign his name to join the armed forces to "serve his country"
Im still amazed that in this day and age the rulers can still trick the masses into fighting and dying on foreign lands to protect money interests.

It's not really a complicated trick. Find poor kids, offer them steady money, housing, and food, make vague references to "becoming something", and viola. That's how they got me.

Even still. I'm not too impressed with the video to be honest. Two reasons; firstly, the background music is awful. Just get rid of it all together. But secondly, as I think I remember someone else saying, you can find just as many people with positive things to say about the wars. Hell, I'm one of them, if I'm being honest.

I've known a couple of people that joined the army for the paycheck, but didn't want/expect to go to war. One of them managed to get out on a dishonorable discharge, the other didn't. The one that went to war came home, got out, and became a war protester. I bring this up because I think a lot of times (note I said think) the protesters have that mindset ahead of time, if that makes sense.

On the flip side, however, I do commend these folks for speaking out when there is an obvious danger of repercussions either from being socially distanced by family and friends, or physically assaulted by misguided flag-worshipers. I hope neither of those happened to any of them.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by EL1A5
Why should we continue to let men and women in Maybachs and tailored suits tell us how to live our lives and what is best for us? Why should we let them destroy OUR WORLD? It is not right and does not make sense to me.

edit on 6-9-2011 by EL1A5 because: (no reason given)

Well I certainly wouldn't want the hobo sleeping in the shopping cart to be in charge. Or would I?

Seriously though, who would you suggest? Realizing of course that once they stepped into that responsibility, they would be wearing a tailored suit (gotta look professional), and maybe even driving a Maybach eventually (gotta get places professionally. Of course, I'd spring for an Aston Martin myself.)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedGod
Seriously though, who would you suggest?

Well, I've got an idea. Instead of going to Iraq, and dragging civilians out of their homes in the middle of the night, and shooting them in the street, the American military could have gone to the White House, and done that there instead.

Something tells me that that might have had more chance of solving the real problem.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by turbokid
country"
Im still amazed that in this day and age the RULERS can still trick the masses into fighting and dying on foreign lands to protect money interests.

^^ This is how they are able to do it.
You said it without thinking.
You just acknowledged them as your RULER.
They are not rulers.
They are ELECTED REPRESENTATIVES OF THE WILL OF THE PEOPLE.
They are required to represent the will of the people that elected them, whether they like it or not.
It is the job they swore to do.

Stop calling them leaders, and call them out on their failure to obey the people they swore to represent.

some people just think they are awake.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
According to USA Today, 1,500,000 US military personnel have served in Iraq from '03 to 23-11-2007.

www.usatoday.com...

About 1.5 million troops have served in Iraq . . .

According to the OP's video, the organization of Iraq veterans against the war numbers 1,200 members.

That is less than one tenth of one percent of the total number of US troops who have served in Iraq.

In a room of one thousand people, one tenth of one percent is one person who is a member of the organization and 999 people who are not members.

On that basis, US foreign policy is not going to change.

Barring a dramatic change in the opinions of Americans at home, and I mean some kind of confrontational situation involving violence in the streets, . . . US foreign policy will only change when countries outside the US decide to change it.

At the moment America is aided in its foreign policy objectives by the presence of foreign leadership both among her allies and among her enemies that is not interested in interfering with American objectives. How long that situation will last is anybody's guess.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ipsedixit
According to USA Today, 1,500,000 US military personnel have served in Iraq from '03 to 23-11-2007.

www.usatoday.com...

About 1.5 million troops have served in Iraq . . .

According to the OP's video, the organization of Iraq veterans against the war numbers 1,200 members.

That is less than one tenth of one percent of the total number of US troops who have served in Iraq.

In a room of one thousand people, one tenth of one percent is one person who is a member of the organization and 999 people who are not members.

On that basis, US foreign policy is not going to change.

That is roughly the overall percentage of humanity that has sufficient levels of will, empathy, intelligence, and integrity to get the rest of us out of the current global mess, more or less in general.
edit on 6-9-2011 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4

Originally posted by RedGod
Seriously though, who would you suggest?

Well, I've got an idea. Instead of going to Iraq, and dragging civilians out of their homes in the middle of the night, and shooting them in the street, the American military could have gone to the White House, and done that there instead.

Something tells me that that might have had more chance of solving the real problem.

Er....that's not a "who", that's an action. We've established that those in power should be forcibly removed, I asked who would take their place, and did so in a way that hinted whoever it would be wouldn't be all that different. Weren't you paying attention?

Also, I spent a lot of time deployed, and never once saw US or allied soldiers do what you are suggesting there. Now, that's not to say that it never happened, because I seem to remember something about a murder being carried out that way. Once. And the perpetrators going to Leavenworth afterwards. Point is, that's not the norm.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Thanks to all for the replies and contributions to this thread.

Some have mentioned Vietnam and how people fought against that war just as they do now. Wasn't even close to be conceived at that point in time, but today we have tools more easily available to spread messages that pertain to fighting against hate, fear, and destruction. It's pretty unfortunate that beings created out of passion, the love and experience of unification of two beings, have been so desensitized to hate that it's become acceptable in all forms.

A few times being overseas has shown me that people all the around the world seem to have a few wants/wishes in this world. A loving family, food, home, and good times. No one I met was bent on the destruction of others. Of course there are others out there whose blood boils for no reason than the fact that the person bothering them is another skin color, another nationality, or supports a different idea.

Think of the power structure of the world (governments, intelligence agencies, corporations) as an overwhelming tower that expands far into the sky. People from windows conduct how we, the people on the ground, are to run our lives. All of the people have chosen sides to listen to (some even fight others on the ground because of who they follow). One side is full of democrats saying this is how to live, one side is full of republicans saying this is how to live, one side is communism saying this is how to live, the point is... there are many sides to this monster. Slowly but surely, people on the ground are recognizing they are being played from all sides of this tower. Some have gone and returned with their pickaxes and are striking at the foundation of the tower, while some start to watch them, and while some still lend their ears to the people yelling from the windows. The creation of the internet was like replacing these axes with jackhammers. The foundation is becoming incredibly weaker, but the people in the tower are creating more problems (economy, war, famine, laws) to spread distrust, hate, and fear between the people on the ground.

This is an exciting time in history. It's only a matter of time before this tower crumbles, so grab a jackhammer and start crushing. Spread messages that urge people to see beyond the veil.

Kind regards.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

it was also stated in the video that for every one person that stands out publicly, like those of Iraq Veterans Against the War, 100 more who resist quietly. 1200 x 100 = 120,000 if true, that's an inspiration

The woman from the beginning also mentioned how their organization started with 7 people only four years ago, and within the last year doubled. An idea/progress starts somewhere. Many have reflected here that the government will not listen to the people. This is why it's ever so prevalent that the soldiers speak up, because if conscious dissent within the ranks becomes common ground, how could they ever be used as pawns again?

"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible." - Frank Zappa

With more and more videos circulating the inter-webs, deviation from the norm is becoming more prevalent, which will stem progress. But you cannot plant a baby tree, go to sleep, and wake up to it flourishing over your house. Some things have to be given time to take off.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I'm a Vietnam era person, so I hope this post won't be taken as overly preachy.

I was not too active as an anti-war activist. Just active enough to be physically threatened for it. During that time there were massive street demonstrations against the war, not because Americans were more idealistic then, but because conscription was in force and more Americans took a personal interest in what their army was doing, and who they were killing and being killed by.

Those demonstrations were not enough to stop the war though. The war was stopped by the army of the People's Republic of North Vietnam and by the Vietcong.

Fortunately for American corporate interests, there are no Vietnamese in the middle east, but it only prolongs the agony for everyone else. Americans won't stop these middle eastern aggressions. Americans believe, "My country right or wrong."

America must win or it must be defeated.

Americans, as a nation, do not have the moral fibre to throw their own crooks in jail and do the right thing both for humanity and for themselves.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join